Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Best Double Din for the $$

I am gonna be in the market for a double din deck for my new truck soon..

Main priorities I suppose are Sub preout and an extra one or two to power some door speakers eventually. Not looking to spend an arm and a leg on DVD, NAV etc.

Give me some suggestions.

UMGixxer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Best Double Din for the $$

kenwood ddx 6019, or you could look into a DUAL

tdawg30 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

look on eeeeeeeeee bayyyyyyyyyy and type in double din under the cd player search and a lot of the japanese double din radios should come up. I suggest one of those since they have sweet features(no nav, or anything special) just the neccesities like 13band eqs and such. make sure you know how many rca outs they have before you buy if you do buy. But there is this one alpine that is just so ****** and I want it but dont have a double din slot in my car so poo on me.

jmanpc i've had some serious sander *** with that box, and made al of the edges perfectly flush. like if you ran your finger over it, you couldnt tell it was 2 pieces of wood

references: ivanfbi, mike dressure, ridnclean

XTRProBoy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^I agree with tdawg30... What I would do for a double DIN is get one of the Japan-only ones that lots of sellers sell on eBay, that are a few years old. I mean no you're not going to get Nav and DVD in most cases (but you said you're not interested in that anyway) but there are an awful lot of cool HUs we never got in North America that were produced in Japan. Plus it's relatively original as well

There's lots of models from Kenwood, Sony, Alpine, JVC, Pioneer, and others that get sold on eBay. Shipping is pricey usually but sometimes you can get good deals otherwise. Most often they play CD and MD (though you might not have much interest in MD) as well. One downside is the tuner is different and even with a converter you still don't get the full tuner bandwidth, but that's not a big deal if you don't listen to radio a lot.

ChadS99SVT is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XTRProBoy View Post
    ^I agree with tdawg30... What I would do for a double DIN is get one of the Japan-only ones that lots of sellers sell on eBay, that are a few years old. I mean no you're not going to get Nav and DVD in most cases (but you said you're not interested in that anyway) but there are an awful lot of cool HUs we never got in North America that were produced in Japan. Plus it's relatively original as well

There's lots of models from Kenwood, Sony, Alpine, JVC, Pioneer, and others that get sold on eBay. Shipping is pricey usually but sometimes you can get good deals otherwise. Most often they play CD and MD (though you might not have much interest in MD) as well. One downside is the tuner is different and even with a converter you still don't get the full tuner bandwidth, but that's not a big deal if you don't listen to radio a lot.
    hmm yeah I am looking into that.

Closed Thread

User Tag List