Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Running Two Head Units?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Running Two Head Units?

I have a Kenwood Excelon 589, along with the music keg. The CD player in it doesn't read discs about half the time, but everything else works. I was looking into getting a Pioneer 880 or another deck with T/A and was wondering how to hook up both of them. I need to keep the Kenwood to run the music keg, and need info about wiring the outputs of it into the 880. I am using the front and sub pre-outs, is there any way to hook these up as inputs on the 880 to use the time alignment while using the music keg? Could I use the RCA splitters backwards to turn the speaker / sub outputs into one plug to use in the AUX in on the 880 or would this not work properly? Thanks.

2001 F-250 Crew Cab, Kenwood Excelon X-689 Head Unit, Kenwood Music Keg, XM Radio, Boston SX 60 6.5" Components, Boston GT-40 Amplifier, Boston G-510 10" Subwoofer, Boston GT-22 Amplifier, 1/0 gauge wiring

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Running Two Head Units?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
    I have a Kenwood Excelon 589, along with the music keg. The CD player in it doesn't read discs about half the time, but everything else works. I was looking into getting a Pioneer 880 or another deck with T/A and was wondering how to hook up both of them. I need to keep the Kenwood to run the music keg, and need info about wiring the outputs of it into the 880. I am using the front and sub pre-outs, is there any way to hook these up as inputs on the 880 to use the time alignment while using the music keg? Thanks.
    The 880 has an aux-in through IP-Bus, just run the Kenwood through the Aux-in on the 880. It will be like another "source" on the 880.

Though, the thing is... the Kenwood will still have it's own levels as well.

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Daishi is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Running Two Head Units?

nub

References:
    Baseballer1100(x2),dvrmstrng, RedlineAccord

System: