Closed Thread

Reload Thread: looking 4 Head unit w/hard drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looking 4 Head unit w/hard drive

I'm looking for a quality 1 DIN head unit with an internal hard drive. We're switching family cars and i figure we're destroying CDs at a rate that would make godzilla proud.

i once saw an older model Alpine head unit on ebay with an internal hard drive.

suggestions?

Frankensuby is offline I'm in Ur F0rumZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: looking 4 Head unit w/hard drive

Hmmm. Good question. I know some Flip out single DIN units have hard drives. If your willing to eat the Bill, might I suggest the Eclipse (some letters)-5000 flip up unit. It automatically records your music as it plays. Also has an extremely nice looking screen.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:
    Refs from sellers: Dre2390

PESteele is offline I wang on an 8 in a van

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

look at some kenwoods that have a usb input like the x590 then get a small hd such as the wd passport for like 80 bucks and mount it somewhere out of site.

99 jeep cherokee on 32, Jvc kd-avx1, Elevation audio concert series speakers, kicker zx250.2, 2 Massive audio cw 12's, directed 1500d

Refs- Twoohfour, SAG3, fo0manchu, guy022077, chris96camaro, frangka2, marcusb419er, XaznKewLguyX, Dj-torn, Milenko515, 6spdcoupe, foreman, tommelton(bimmerforums), burnzie2413, saywhat, Untouchable11, iceteebone, HarleyF150, Fi Car Audio, loud-n-low, dvrmstrng, Deucelee, MJ-tC, coachtjm, 80INCHES, jeepintn, sxkicker89, BiZkiT8u

PESteele is offline I wang on an 8 in a van

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and youll stay a lil over 200 but if you wana stay internal then that wont help you

99 jeep cherokee on 32, Jvc kd-avx1, Elevation audio concert series speakers, kicker zx250.2, 2 Massive audio cw 12's, directed 1500d

Refs- Twoohfour, SAG3, fo0manchu, guy022077, chris96camaro, frangka2, marcusb419er, XaznKewLguyX, Dj-torn, Milenko515, 6spdcoupe, foreman, tommelton(bimmerforums), burnzie2413, saywhat, Untouchable11, iceteebone, HarleyF150, Fi Car Audio, loud-n-low, dvrmstrng, Deucelee, MJ-tC, coachtjm, 80INCHES, jeepintn, sxkicker89, BiZkiT8u

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PESteele View Post
    look at some kenwoods that have a usb input like the x590 then get a small hd such as the wd passport for like 80 bucks and mount it somewhere out of site.
    EXTREMELY smart idea. I didn't even think about doing that.

Good Job

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

System Currently:Speaker Amp|Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.2 Sub Amp| Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 Deck| Pioneer DEH6800MP Frontstage| Alpine SPR-17LS "]Sub| Phoenix Gold Xenon 10"
    Refs from Buyers:

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im selling a new kenwood x590 matter of fact.. let me know if anyone is interested

RAINMAKA is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PESteele View Post
    thats what i was gonna say and if you do that you could bring your music to other computers and have alot of music storage depending on the size of the hard drive you buy

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I have a Sony MEX 1HD it has a 10gb hardrive built it it is very nice...You can organize your music by type groups and titles...Plus it will save the whole CD in about 15mins or less...Pioneer made one but it recorded at true speed...they take forever to add music....On my Kenwood CD player in my Mustang ...I have a 20gb Kenwood music keg where I burn the music into the transportable hard drive and plug it in ...in the trunk...I like it as well...If you had a double DIN the Pioneer AVIC Z1 is real nice that is what I have in my 06 Tacoma....it is 10gb

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

One advantage to the Sony MEX 1HD and the Pioneer AVIC Z1 is you can borrow a CD from a friend while your talking to them and in about 15mins hand it back and you can listen to decide if you want to buy it or not... I think it is legal to do that I dunno as long as your not elling copies....Should fall in the same catagory as burned CD's....

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are there any limits on what that USB option can do? Such as, will it not accept a hard drive that is...maybe 80 Gig? Such as Windows 98 only accepts up to 2 gigs of RAM... etc...

Also, If it can handle the 80 gigers...if I loaded one up, can the hard drive just be an external, or does it need to be in a computer? Does the menu act much like the iPod adapter menus do?

Just wondering because I'm tempted to just get a cheap 6.5" Double-DIN unit that can handle HD's and hook it up that way.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

Refs from Buyers:

Closed Thread