Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: My Eclipse font play MP3's off of my MS Duo

m48xhp is offline Project Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Eclipse wont play MP3's off of my MS Duo

My AVN says "No Music Data" when I try to switch the source. The unit is reading the card cause I was able to transfer an image to the HDD. However, now it wont even do that. I can't figure out why. Does this all have to be formatted a certain way, or does it have to be in any folders specifically? The manual says nothing of help.
    Last edited by m48xhp; 12-14-2006 at 10:51 PM.

FOR SALE:Kicker 350.4 = $140 shipped, Eclipse AVN7000 = $500 shipped, Eclipse XA1000= $120 shipped, Eclipse SP6500 = $120 shipped, Eclipse SW7200 = $120 for one,$200 for two shipped, [I]

New Project: 2005 Corvette Z51: 19/20 OZ Superleggerra II Powdercoated Metallic Blackwith Metallic RedLip, Conti Extreme DW Tires, Z06 Widebody Conversion, Briiant Black Metallic Paint Job, Caravaggio Front Bumper, MCM Carbon Fiber Hood, Kooks Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Stoptech/Z06 Brakes, Bilstein Shocks,.....now onto the Interior and Stereo.
    References: Ebay username: 'm48xhp', Bought from on CA.com: 'Daniel', 'pickup1'

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Eclipse font play MP3's off of my MS Duo

nevermind. tech support told me that it will only playback on an MS that is 128mb or less. pretty freaking retarded. anyway, that is the problem in case anyone else wonders.

FOR SALE:Kicker 350.4 = $140 shipped, Eclipse AVN7000 = $500 shipped, Eclipse XA1000= $120 shipped, Eclipse SP6500 = $120 shipped, Eclipse SW7200 = $120 for one,$200 for two shipped, [I]

New Project: 2005 Corvette Z51: 19/20 OZ Superleggerra II Powdercoated Metallic Blackwith Metallic RedLip, Conti Extreme DW Tires, Z06 Widebody Conversion, Briiant Black Metallic Paint Job, Caravaggio Front Bumper, MCM Carbon Fiber Hood, Kooks Headers, Corsa Exhaust, Stoptech/Z06 Brakes, Bilstein Shocks,.....now onto the Interior and Stereo.

XTRProBoy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^The problem is that the slot on your particular HU can only handle the Memory Stick format, which maxes out at 128MB notwithstanding the MS Select models that had multi-partitions on them with a switch to change between them.

Any MS with a capacity higher than 128MB is a Memory Stick PRO; whether it's a Pro regular or Pro Duo (reduced size) it's still a Pro.

Anything that can read MS Pro can also read MS, however the opposite is not true since MS Pro is newer technology.

The AVN7000 appears to be a pretty recent unit, so it's surprising Fujitsu Ten would not have made it an MS Pro slot instead of just an outdated regular MS slot. However that seems like exactly what they did.

adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will it still play mp3 cds??

Source Unit: Pioneer P9 combo
    Tweeters: CDT DRT-25 Silk
    Mids: CDT ES-5 (5.25")
    Midbass: CDT M6 (6.5")
    Subs: Pioneer TS-W12PRS
    Mid & Tweet amp: Pioneer PRS-X340
    Midbass Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720
    Sub Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XTRProBoy View Post
    ^The problem is that the slot on your particular HU can only handle the Memory Stick format, which maxes out at 128MB notwithstanding the MS Select models that had multi-partitions on them with a switch to change between them.

Any MS with a capacity higher than 128MB is a Memory Stick PRO; whether it's a Pro regular or Pro Duo (reduced size) it's still a Pro.

Anything that can read MS Pro can also read MS, however the opposite is not true since MS Pro is newer technology.

The AVN7000 appears to be a pretty recent unit, so it's surprising Fujitsu Ten would not have made it an MS Pro slot instead of just an outdated regular MS slot. However that seems like exactly what they did.
    i just wish they had specified that in the literature or the manual before i dropped the cash on a 2 gig.

Quote Originally Posted by adam71 View Post
    Will it still play mp3 cds??
    yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m48xhp View Post

yes.
    Well, then why worry about a stupid memory stick when you can listen to MUCH HIGHER bitrate mp3s on an mp3 CD.??

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam71 View Post
    Well, then why worry about a stupid memory stick when you can listen to MUCH HIGHER bitrate mp3s on an mp3 CD.??
    what does the bit rate have to do with anything?i could but 2 gigs worth the songs at any bit rate on an MS or 700mb on a disc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what does the bit rate have to do with anything?i could but 2 gigs worth the songs at any bit rate on an MS or 700mb on a disc.
    Sorry, I read an earlier post wrong. I thought someone said that 128 was the highest bit rate but he had said something different.

DjiNN is offline Posts but still a NooB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MP3 cd's are reusable .. i have been using the same MP3 cd for about a month deleting old songs and putting in new ones ...

Vehicle : Subaru Impreza 2010

Refs : 6spdcoupe, gl0ck

ItalynStylion is offline Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, the memory stick wont play MP3's even if it is 128mb
    It only plays ATRAC3 format which most people havent even heard of. Its totally retarded and I feel cheated every time I look at that magic gate slot....**** you eclipse!

Quote Originally Posted by qtipextra View Post
    is 2 12's overkill for HT?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    It's a start.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DjiNN View Post
    MP3 cd's are reusable .. i have been using the same MP3 cd for about a month deleting old songs and putting in new ones ...
    cd-rw's are reusable....not just mp3 cds.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
    Also, the memory stick wont play MP3's even if it is 128mb
    It only plays ATRAC3 format which most people havent even heard of. Its totally retarded and I feel cheated every time I look at that magic gate slot....**** you eclipse!
    no, the avn7000 (at least) just plays mp3s. it is not compatible with atrac3. it says so in the manual.

OldOneEye is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty sure they call out the 128 MG limitation. The fact that its limited to that, and that size is hard to get at this point (I know, looked for one for a while before a coworker who used to have an older eclipse gave me a 64 Magicgate one). Eitherway, its just a way to get some info into the AVN and not really for anything else.

Juan

ItalynStylion is offline Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no, the avn7000 (at least) just plays mp3s. it is not compatible with atrac3. it says so in the manual.
    I'm pretty sure the CD player portion of the deck will play MP3 and WMA files from CDs but the Magic Gate will only play ATRAC3. I'm assuming the AVN7000 is the same in that respect as the CD8445. I realize that this probably sounds like the most retarded thing in the world...maybe because it is

Quote Originally Posted by qtipextra View Post
    is 2 12's overkill for HT?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    It's a start.

phyphoestilic is offline Liquid Fire...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The MS card slot can play ATRAC3, and it does say it in the manual. It also clearly mentions that it doesnt support anything besides the regular MS stick, so I dont know why u bothered to drop money on a 2 gig stick before reading it.

Lexus LS400 Setup
    Eclipse CD7000 (Running Active)
    Image Dynamic OEM CX64s
    Image Dynamics NX30 Tweeters
    US Acoustic USF600 x2, USF800 x2 (Zed Audio )
    150ft+ of Rammat
    IDMax12 1.5cft. I need to cut for IB
    25 feet 1/0 Stinger Expert, 15 feet 4 Stinger Pro
    Stinger Dream Series, Knu Konceptz Krystal Series RCAs

Ref: (Bought From)Renegadesrun, IonSQL, CrazyJoker2, Alpine CDA-9815 , FI Car Audio, yournumber1dan , B_Campbell, jacobcopeland87, mike dressure x2, James_Bang, blue200sx
    (Traded w/) Iceteebone, sxkicker89
    (Sold To): James_Bang, timbo12, gsxrjjordan
    Ebay: PhyPhoestilic (100%)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast