Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Factory 2002 Acura RL radio code for bro-in-law

bikinpunk is offline G-g-g-g-g-unity!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Factory 2002 Acura RL radio code for bro-in-law

My soon to be bro-in-law needs the factory code from his radio to allow it to work. His battery went dead a month or so ago and the Acura dealership will charge him $100 to remove the radio to get the serial # off the radio and then e-mail it to Bose, etc etc. I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to help him, but basically all he needs is the serial # to reset the radio. Is there a way I can reset the radio without having a serial # or removing the radio itself? If not, can someone give me some advice on the complexity of removing those factory H/U's? I appreciate any help here. He's the one I wrote about a while back who was a know-it-all when it comes to electronics, so it would be good to be able to do this for him.

2006 Civic LX Sedan
    Pioneer P9. Audison BitOne. JL Audio HD. Scanspeak. Acoustic Elegance.

DIYma Refs:
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=1891

Caraudio.com refs:
    Groggy23, Radridd, bdubs767, 6spdcoupe, Cahm Rohn, Soydeedo, Lil_KB

E-bay Feedback: bikinpunk

Suomi is offline clutch pedal required

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Factory 2002 Acura RL radio code for bro-in-law

Often times Honda/Acura dealers will place a radio serial number sticker inside the glove box, in the owners manual, or somewhere in driver's or front passenger's footwell. If you can't find that sticker (small white sticker with black text), then you'll need to pull the radio to get the sn. With the sn a Honda/Acura dealer will be able to look up the code.

Current setup:
    2005 Mazda6 (non-Bose)
    Head Unit: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X790 with iPod adapter and steering wheel control adapter
    Front Stage: Exile Xtec 6.5" (thanks Towncar) Kenwood 8402 (bridged to 180wrms x 2)
    Rear Fill: Kenwood KFC-C6879ie (rear on deck power)
    Subwoofer: Infinity Reference 1040w 10" sub in a sealed enclosure Blaupunkt PCA2120 bridged to 300wrms
    Future plans:
    deadening on doors

6spdcoupe is offline tends to get a bit cranky

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Factory 2002 Acura RL radio code for bro-in-law

You also dont always need the serial number. If its the radio that came with the car originally, then a VIN number lookup should provide the code. Not all dealers have this available, so the serial number *may* still be needed. Although theres no emailing to Bose..the dealer will have it. Ill try to look up that car in a bit to see what I can find, but the above info is also correct. The sticker is often in the car/manual/etc..

DVI-9990/TMI-M990/PXI-H990
    TRU Billet 2200 ..Dyn Esotar 1200
    TRU Billet 4100 ..Dyn Esotar110/Esotar430
    TRU Billet 4100 ..DYN MD182s

Refs:
    Way to many to list, seriously. I lost count when it passed 100

Closed Thread