I'm using Alpine 9855R Head-Unit at the moment with Alpine KCA-420i iPod adaptor and I have to say it *****. The connection between the HU and the iPod is way too slow, and in a addition the glidetouch is a pain in the *** to use.
So I'm thinking of changing to Pioneer setup. I've read good things about 880+iPod, but I have still more questions.
1. When you select a song, does the song name appear to the screen immediately or within 1 second? (with my Alpine it takes about 5-6seconds)
2. If you press quickly the forward button for example six times, does it skip six songs? (The Alpine adaptor is so slow that I have to wait it to find the files, and it doesn't keep up)
3. Is there a possibility to backup in the menus? (If I make a mistake with my Alpine, I have to start all over again)
4. Does the browse menu stay on the screen as long as I want to ? (The Alpine HU removes the song browser after a very short idle time)
5. Would you say the 880 Pioneer is easy to use, the iPod connection works perfectly and you would recommend it?
If the answers to all of these are yes, I definitely have to get the Pioneer HU right when I can afford it.
Thanks for anyone who are willing to answer!
Edit: There is also a very annoying bug with the KCA-420i adaptor. Sometimes when I select a band, and a certain album, the HU selects all the albums/songs from that artist, even though I have selected only one album. Anyone else having this problem?