Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine or Pioneer Premier Head Unit

ronrex1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine or Pioneer Premier Head Unit

I am trying to decide between buying the Alpine DVA-9861 Head Unit and the Alpine PXA-H701 for sound processing or the Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS Head Unit. I am not into watching DVD's just pure CD Audio Sound Quality and being able to shape the sound to my personal preferences. I don't know if this matters but I mainly enjoy listening to R & B and Rap meaning I need a unit that can accurately handle CD's with lot's of Bass. However I also enjoy listening to Stevie Nicks (Landslide) and Dire Straits (Brothers In Arms). I was wondering if I could get some recommendations between these two units. Concerning the Pioneer Premier DEH-P88RS. This Unit won the EISA Award (the European Imaging and Sound Association). for Best Product 2006-2007 for Mobile Audio Head Unit.The EISA Award is the most prestigious honor for a consumer electronics manufacturer to receive in Europe. Here is what they had to say about this unit:

This was once thought impossible most of the features refined in the top notch ODR system, all squeezed into a standard DINhousing, including state-of-the art DSP with multi-band equalizer, fully-programmable crossover and a sophisticated time correction system. Moreover, this has been supplemented by an automatic sound adjustment feature, plus an industry first with the Advanced Segment DAC using Burr-Brown components. Keeping this unit compact and easy to install, Pioneer also took care of the price tag, making “affordable high-end” a reality.

I currently own the DEH-P860MP Pioneer Premier Unit with the 24 bit DAC and I have to say it sounds EXTREMELY GOOD. As a matter of fact when I auditioned this unit along side an Alpine Head unit (Made in 2005) in the same class the comparison to me was like a High End Home audio component compared to a good car stereo component if you get my point. About a year ago I listened to the Alpine CDA-9833 and there is something about an Alpines pure sound quality when its installed by a PRO. The salesperson strongly cautioned me to keep in mind that this particular Alpine HU was made in 2004, and he told me that 2005 was a Horrible year. He said that hopefully the new stuff in 2006 will be like the Alpine SQ of old. I don't know why but most places that I call in my area say that if you are looking for Sound Quality Alpine makes "The Best" Head Unit you can buy, end of discussion.

Thanks for any advice

EvelMonkey is offline I will **** your joy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine or Pioneer Premier Head Unit

Are you going to run a 2 or 3 way active front stage?

HU: Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R
    Mids & highs: Infinity 6810CS
    Amp for mids & highs: Hifonics Zeus ZXi6406
    Sub Amp: Hifonics Brutus BXi2006D
    Subs: 2 Alpine SWR-1242D
    Box: 1 cft x 2 sealed

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine or Pioneer Premier Head Unit

H701 > 880 in terms of flexibility and features.

However, if you aren't going to use those additional features and don't need anything more than the 880 offers, then there wouldn't be much point in spending the extra money on the H701.

Then again, if you are looking into the H701/9861 combo, you should also consider Pioneer's P9 combo for a much closer comparison in terms of features, flexibility and price point.

All in all....it comes down to what features you want and need.

Aaaaaannnnnndddd......I just realized this thread is over a month old

Damn you evelmonkey

Closed Thread