Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Can you insert/pull out the RCAs with the wire harmess connected?

Slaugh is offline CarAudio.com Moron

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you insert/pull out the RCAs with the wire harmess connected?

hey, my friend bought a 480Mp that i carefully installed in his car, but it has the **** RCA ground fault, and the store who sold it to him is now blaming me for screwing up... how could have i possibly screwed it up?

i have installed many players, even disconnecting and connecting RCAs with the wire harness connected (OBVIOUSLY, with the player OFF) and no problem whatsoever... they blame me for having it screwed up by doing this... they also tell me that i can't have this unit with no RCA or just the front ones connected, otherwise, it will damage the RCA ground

come on... can a pioneer player come from factory with this problem or is it only caused by bad installations?

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can you insert/pull out the RCAs with the wire harmess connected?

pioneer has the infamous "ground loop" problem and alot of the earlier decks had them. just ground the rca to the back of the deck and it should go away or diminish alot. just take one of the rca pre-outs connected to the deck, and touch it to the metal on the back of the deck with the unit on. that should show you what i'm talkin about. but you should just take a piece of 18gauge wire and wrap around the outer metal barrel of the pre-out and just touch that to the back of the deck and use a screw or electrical tape to hold it there. should work

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

Slaugh is offline CarAudio.com Moron

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, i know that.. but the guy who i got it installed to wants a brand new hu... was this hu already faulty from factory, or have i damaged it somehow? what are the ways i could have done this?

dkguitarist is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

there's no way to really tell bro. if it has a warranty, send it to pioneer and have them fix it. i'm sure if the installers had installed it, and it left the bay, and your friend drove off with the problem cuz they didn't tell him, they'd blame it on him anyways for not knowing what he's doing (basically blaming it on ignorance).

2003 Chevy Cavalier
    HU:880PRS - SUB AMP: IA 20.1 - SUB: 13w7 (15" 05 XXX awaiting new box)

FOR SALE: USHER 9950 TWEETERS, USAMPS HCA-25 2 CHANNEL, XXX XBL^2 6.5" MIDS, Kicker KX300.2 amp

Refs: zachzchw, AcidicDreams, Mr Tibbs, Mr Teacha, vetkilr, Blunt, Showrides, Mihklo, QtrHorse, vosschs, nvruckus, jeeper07, sakura, iceteebone, 2loud4u, eatank, brents, bookechu, young_gun, maldecido33, pickup1, angryeric116, go_go_thrash, gentlejax, superblack350z, and 100% ebay feedback. (dkguitarist454)

Closed Thread