Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Question about brightness level of Pioneer DEH-P6800MP/DEH-p680MP at night

vtec is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question about brightness level of Pioneer DEH-P6800MP/DEH-p680MP at night

I've been reading a bunch of reviews on crutchfield and circuitcity and people keep complaining about the brightness level on the DEH-P6800MP at night. Can anyone with this unit confirm this? Is it really that annoying?

Is the premier version any better in this area?

Thanks

bdavies11 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Question about brightness level of Pioneer DEH-P6800MP/DEH-p680MP at night

Um, i would imagine u would be able to adjust the level of brightness for that HU. I have the deh-6700mp and i can adjust the brightness on it.

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Some people aren't smart enough to read the manual...

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

vtec is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah of course you can adjust the brightness level, but according to peoples reviews, they're saying that they can only adjust the brightness level for the display and not the knobs and buttons. So basically the right side of the unit can be dimmed but the entire left side cannot be controlled, which makes the entire thing insanely bright and you can't do anything about it. Now I just want to know how annoying this is...and if I'll be able to live with it. And is there a difference in the level of brightness between the regular version and premier version?

kicker06 is offline Umm, I don't pay for food

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My 580 is fine at night. I guess all eyes are different, doesn't bother me at all though.

But then again it is a 580.

'02 Dodge Intrepid SE

Refs: Shon (owner of ROE) x2, Tony (on ROE), DL97, Armageddon, uncfanforlife07, Shawn Fleming, Toxic Tuan, jybfan04 and 65 More

Speedfreely is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the P7800 MP and my multi-control button cannot be dimmed. It emits a very bright Blue backlight. This is a great deck, but this is one feature Pioneer screwed up on. If I were to make another HU purchase right now, I would buy a different one, because it is very annoying at night and that is when I do most of my driving. I am actually thining about fabricating a slick drop plate out of aluminum with a vinal/leather cover to fip down over it at night...if that gives you any indication as to how annoying it is.

Speedfreely

Pioneer DEH-P7800MP
    Alpine - MRV-F345
    Hifonics - 6.5" Coax AS62CXI
    JBL - 6"x9" GTO937

Closed Thread