Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eclipse CD3000/ MP3/WMA help needed

So I'm a noob as far as MP3/WMA players go. I've been using them on the computer for a while, but this is my first deck for the car that will play them. I burned a bunch of folders to a disc, which play fine on the computer (from the disc directly). When I play the disc in the car it seems to work for the most part. Some folders play fine, but some don't play at all. The timer counts like a song should be playing, but there's no sound.

And when it starts playing the dead files the deck controls basically stop working. Can't advance track, change settings, or anything. I can open the face, but then the CD doesn't eject and it just stays open. Won't close again. So I have to press the reset button when this happens and start over.

It's all very annoying, I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong when I burn the disc or if it's a problem with the player. So shoot me some ideas, and I guess when I get home I'll make another disc and try it again.

Sold to:
    LowLinc (BA subs), ClinesSelect (MBQ amp), soul05 (Xtant sub), jmanpc (Kenwood sub), sbcaprice305 (PPI sub), DMDAKOTA (CDT KA-61), UndercoverPunk (A/D/S PQ8), hondacr125 (Pioneer DEH-1500), jciu (Clarion XDZ-716), vipervin (Eclipse 5423), LopezEL (Eclipse 8053), skydeaner (Hex mids), Raven (BP150.1), BigJoker (Clarion APA4320)

Bought from:
    iceteebone (Eclipse 8053 & 87101), NE14MX (MBQ amp), jmiller0526 (ED 9kv2), excelerater (Hex mids), JoeHemi57 (Bravox comps), LivinLife (Sony deck & Boston sub), jciu ( EU700s & plate amp)

ItalynStylion is offline Audiophile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Eclipse CD3000/ MP3/WMA help needed

Sounds like you have a corrupt file on the disk thats freakin it out. Do you download your MP3's or do you rip them from CD's that you have bought? Sometimes MP3's that you get from the net are, "dirty" sorta speak...

An advantage to buying the CD is you can make your own clean MP3's (at high quality bit rates too )

Quote Originally Posted by qtipextra View Post
    is 2 12's overkill for HT?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJ View Post
    It's a start.

kingpin_jeffie is offline i need a vacation...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive seen corrupt mp3's that wont play or register with the HU but making it lock up completely is a new one to me...

Eclipse 8445|Alpine Type X 137r|Diamond D5 300.2/1200.1|ID 10v.3|

Refs: KARLEON, sephiroth619, SiX, Showrides, angrytrucker78, davidfre21, Relax, Slammed

He who laughs last is usually the slowest...

khail19 is offline Subaru Nut

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think at least 90% of the stuff on the disc was ripped from CDs, as I do very little downloading these days. I was going on a 10 hour drive and I figured the MP3 disc would last there and back. I know that some of the files it locks up on are ones that I ripped though. I was looking through the software and there's an option to finalize the disc. I figured it did that automatically, but maybe it will help.

Sold to:
    LowLinc (BA subs), ClinesSelect (MBQ amp), soul05 (Xtant sub), jmanpc (Kenwood sub), sbcaprice305 (PPI sub), DMDAKOTA (CDT KA-61), UndercoverPunk (A/D/S PQ8), hondacr125 (Pioneer DEH-1500), jciu (Clarion XDZ-716), vipervin (Eclipse 5423), LopezEL (Eclipse 8053), skydeaner (Hex mids), Raven (BP150.1), BigJoker (Clarion APA4320)

Bought from:
    iceteebone (Eclipse 8053 & 87101), NE14MX (MBQ amp), jmiller0526 (ED 9kv2), excelerater (Hex mids), JoeHemi57 (Bravox comps), LivinLife (Sony deck & Boston sub), jciu ( EU700s & plate amp)

xxmattfxx is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Check to see if by chance the files you are having problems with have album art saved to the ID3 tag. I'm not sure about Eclipse but I know an older JVC mps deck gave me the same problems you described above, and it was the presence of album art on the tag. worth a try

Closed Thread

User Tag List