Closed Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Reload Thread: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    Hello, I'm looking for a new head unit and I think i've narrowed it down to two. The Alpine CDA-9855 and the Pioneer DEH-P9600MP. I know which one is cheaper but money doesn't matter for these two. Could someone help me with my decision. The Alpine looks nice with the many options but I really like the Pioneer's background screensavers and hope the one part comes down revealing the back screen. Also looking for something that I can adjust speakers and subs with. Someone help! Thanks!



    2002 Oldsmobile Alero

    Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9855
    Front Speakers: Alpine 170A - 6 1/2
    Rear Speakers: Alpine SPS 690A - 6 X 9
    Subwoofers: Two 12in. Alpine Type R's
    Amplifier: Power Acoustik A2400DB Class D series, 2400 watts




  2. #2
    spudracer326's Avatar
    spudracer326 is offline has a bastard system



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    I have the alpine and love it. havent really heard anything about the pioneer though so cant really comment on those.




  3. #3
    blazer316's Avatar
    blazer316 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    I looked at pioneer,alpine,and kenwood and chose alpine.

    both are great though imo




  4. #4
    Ingleside's Avatar
    Ingleside is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    32
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Owner
    Also looking for something that I can adjust speakers and subs with. Someone help! Thanks!
    Either unit will be more than enough to control your speakers and your bass.
    I have a 9855 and haven't completley figured out everything the unit has to offer.




  5. #5
    Chevyaudio's Avatar
    Chevyaudio is offline :poof:



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Back in the Dirty BR, Louisiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    I too have a 9855, and love it, cant comment on the pioneer because I havent used it, but I know from past experiences that pioneer makes very very solid equipment.




  6. #6
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    i would go with a premier 860. that display on the 9600 is known for breaking, and if you get the premier version, you'll get the 3-way xover




  7. #7
    954runner's Avatar
    954runner is offline just bumpin my music



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,034
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth Owner
    Hello, I'm looking for a new head unit and I think i've narrowed it down to two. The Alpine CDA-9855 and the Pioneer DEH-P9600MP. I know which one is cheaper but money doesn't matter for these two. Could someone help me with my decision. The Alpine looks nice with the many options but I really like the Pioneer's background screensavers and hope the one part comes down revealing the back screen. Also looking for something that I can adjust speakers and subs with. Someone help! Thanks!
    not entirely sure if these are the headunits for you then... if you are more interested in screen savers than their actual capabilities.

    if you are willing to fork out the dough for a screen saver rather than for the capabilities of these headunits, be my guest.

    but personally, i would go with the pioneer



    =====================
    ///kyle


    head unit eclipse 8445
    front stage diamond audio m651 components
    sub jl 12w3v2 d2
    amp jbl gto 755.6

  8. #8
    iceteebone's Avatar
    iceteebone is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    37,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    7
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    Quote Originally Posted by 954runner
    not entirely sure if these are the headunits for you then... if you are more interested in screen savers than their actual capabilities.

    if you are willing to fork out the dough for a screen saver rather than for the capabilities of these headunits, be my guest.

    but personally, i would go with the pioneer

    the pioneer has all the screen savers you could want so he is covered there, but i agree you should go by performance vs. looks




  9. #9
    dalucifer's Avatar
    dalucifer is offline Not Minion Approved



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Not sure what to buy, Alpine 9855 or Pioneer 9600? Help me.

    alpine all the way if u have the patience to figure everything




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Pioneer DEH-P850MP or Alpine CDA-9815?
    By P2K in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2003, 10:44 PM
  2. Pioneer vs. Alpine
    By DraKhen99 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-14-2002, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum