Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 MILO stole my US AMPS!

This guy Chassis_Inc on ebay has been advertising new old school US AMPS for quite a while. I tried to make a deal with him one time, but the deal fell through so I filed a complaint with pp to get my money back. A few months later I bought some replacement parts from him to restore a bunch of amps I had laying around.

Just this month, I had a busted amp that i needed to get repaired so I contacted him to have it repaired. He told me he could fix it with no problem so I agreed to send him my amp to get repaired.

We exchange emails and he figures out I was the guy who did the chargeback for the amp he never ships.

He gets all pissed and tells me:

"Hawaii!!?? Are you the dude that bullshit about buying a us25 before and did a charge back on me?
    that's it, I'm blocking you're email, thanks for the junk amp"

So now he has my busted amp and refuses to respond to my emails. Does anyone in Gainesville want to pay him a visit on my behalf?

In all seriousness what do I do? I heard this guy was a crook, unfortunately it was after I sent my amp...

J
    Last edited by DJGTSR; 01-31-2006 at 04:27 AM.

dbubble is offline SLOW LOUD AND BANGIN'

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: MILO stole my US AMPS!

just a thought but if you had problems with him before, why do business with him again?

References
    CA.com
    mcjas63, skeptikal, JAZN, RADEoN, cpierce, chinny, moe lester, powerNaudio, camry_tuner, LivinLife, loudblazer02,ace_800 , pboulos , Pitchblack98, Mistergrubbs, Faulkton,Louisiana_CRX, 5.3bowtie, blackbonnie

SD.com
    penn tha chocolate thunda, ken18, jazzy

DJGTSR is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wasnt really a problem, he just didnt ship on time. I believe i made this thread in the wrong forum, someone move it

J

phantomdjx is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you are screwed.

dbubble is offline SLOW LOUD AND BANGIN'

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    Wasnt really a problem, he just didnt ship on time. I believe i made this thread in the wrong forum, someone move it

J

if he didnt send within a agreed time and you had to do a paypal charge back, that sounds like a problem

References
    CA.com
    mcjas63, skeptikal, JAZN, RADEoN, cpierce, chinny, moe lester, powerNaudio, camry_tuner, LivinLife, loudblazer02,ace_800 , pboulos , Pitchblack98, Mistergrubbs, Faulkton,Louisiana_CRX, 5.3bowtie, blackbonnie

SD.com
    penn tha chocolate thunda, ken18, jazzy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You fucked yourself on that one, dumbass....

2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GO-N DEF
    Well certainly that's one way to put it. Not the most polite way, I wouldn't think, but accurate nonetheless.

DJ ~ When you say this guy "didn't ship on time" in a previously attempted transaction what kind of timeframe are we talking about? Like how long did you wait until you did the chargeback through PayPal?

To remain covered under the Seller's Protection Policy a seller technically has 30 days to get your item shipped out. This is 30 days starting at the receipt of payment in full ~ not necessarily 30 days from the End Of Auction. When I personally sell things I ship out the first business day following receipt of payment but under eBay's UA for sellers you are allowed a window of 30 days.

I gotta say - if I were a seller and got caught up with other things and didn't get someone's item out immediately then got stung by PayPal due to someone's impatience I'd have been a bit perturbed with you, too.

Now if the failure to ship timeframe is unreasonably long - like a couple of months or something - then I take back the above.

But I hafta agree.....doing business with someone you had serious issues with previously likely wasn't the most intelligent course of action

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GO-N DEF

I talked to him more, he said he would repair it for the set price we agreed on. Ill let you guys know how good his work is....

Oh and I will be covering my *** with my method of payment

Bring97 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

never work with milo, he ****ed me over once, and i know of at least 2 other occasions where he has done the same to people i know. never buy from him. never

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd still like to know what kind of timeframe we're talking about from the original post.....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573
    I'd still like to know what kind of timeframe we're talking about from the original post.....
    If I recall, we made a deal on an amp he was selling. I offered a price for it. Next morning i sent payment. Checked ebay to find the price surpassed the price of the deal. So he didnt know whether to sell me the amp, send me another or what. We talked and he couldnt figure it out. I said screw it and asked for my money back. Didnt get it, so i filed a claim after a few days.

Time frame was maybe a week and a half? Nothing major really but I felt like i was getting jerked around.

This happened a while back though, i had to think about it to remember what happened correctly.

J

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    If I recall, we made a deal on an amp he was selling. I offered a price for it. Next morning i sent payment. Checked ebay to find the price surpassed the price of the deal. So he didnt know whether to sell me the amp, send me another or what. We talked and he couldnt figure it out. I said screw it and asked for my money back. Didnt get it, so i filed a claim after a few days.

Time frame was maybe a week and a half? Nothing major really but I felt like i was getting jerked around.

This happened a while back though, i had to think about it to remember what happened correctly.

J
    Oooohhh.......so it was a deal being made for an item that was on an active eBay listing but the deal was going to be conducted off of eBay?

That should have been your first clue.

I wish you all the luck in the world getting it sorted out, dude.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well certainly that's one way to put it. Not the most polite way, I wouldn't think, but accurate nonetheless.

DJ ~ When you say this guy "didn't ship on time" in a previously attempted transaction what kind of timeframe are we talking about? Like how long did you wait until you did the chargeback through PayPal?

To remain covered under the Seller's Protection Policy a seller technically has 30 days to get your item shipped out. This is 30 days starting at the receipt of payment in full ~ not necessarily 30 days from the End Of Auction. When I personally sell things I ship out the first business day following receipt of payment but under eBay's UA for sellers you are allowed a window of 30 days.

I gotta say - if I were a seller and got caught up with other things and didn't get someone's item out immediately then got stung by PayPal due to someone's impatience I'd have been a bit perturbed with you, too.

Now if the failure to ship timeframe is unreasonably long - like a couple of months or something - then I take back the above.

But I hafta agree.....doing business with someone you had serious issues with previously likely wasn't the most intelligent course of action
    I rephrased what i said. This happened half a year ago. I had to think about what really happened. It would have been more accurate to say the deal fell though and communication was not there. Not saying he is a bad guy, he told me in an email he balances three jobs so he may not have had time to check his email.
    However, that doesnt warrant him telling me to **** off today (although i would understand his frustration) and tell me he is going to sell my amp.....

I read that the amps he sells on ebay is actually stolen stuff from US AMPS. Or at least that is what I have heard... You would need to talk to US AMPS about that...

J

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oooohhh.......so it was a deal being made for an item that was on an active eBay listing but the deal was going to be conducted off of eBay?

That should have been your first clue.

I wish you all the luck in the world getting it sorted out, dude.
    Thanks for the good luck wishes. That amp cost me next to nothing ( i bought it broken to experiment with). I have sunk some change into it though. Its not the matter of money, just the principle.

Im not worried in the slightest.

J

Closed Thread