Closed Thread

Reload Thread: question?

unbonyr is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

question?

I have a question I have searched for like an hr but still don't really understand it all. I have an eclipse cd8454 and I have a chance to get an 4gb ipod for cheap. What is a good adaptar for it I seen this the 10 dollar one on crutchfield and I've seen like 200 dollar ones on ebay like the ipod2go or something. I'm not looking to spend 200 bucks on a adaptor. Now I've heard about the adaptor where it goes through the radio staitions but I've heard it has terrible sound quialty. I've also heard that an ipod voltage output is less then 1 volt which is why they have terrible sound quialty when their played from a cd player. So is thier an adaptor where I can hook the ipod up to the eclipse w/o spending tons of money and not scream when i hear the change from a cd to the ipod.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: question?

I've also heard that an ipod voltage output is less then 1 volt which is why they have terrible sound quialty when their played from a cd player.
    That's not entirely true. The reason why the SQ is a little iffy is because of the MP3 format's compression characteristics, not the signal voltage...

I don't know about Eclipse's Ipod control...though I'm sure it's out there. Alpine is generally regarded as one of the easiest to integrate with an Ipod, however.

PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: question?

try to find an adapter that connects to the iPod directly. not with FM or through the headphone jack. if you use that connector on the bottom you get a non-adjustable line out signal that works better.

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

Closed Thread