Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Ready to install. Final question

Alright guys, i have 2 amps, a 2 channel bridged mono to power my subs, and a 4 channel to power my four speakers.

My head unit is a Alpine CDE-9845 and it says in the specs, 2 PRE-AMP OUTPUTS with Sub level control. Also it says it has AUX-IMPUT

I have to run 3 RCAs i think, 2 for the 4 channel amp, because im using all 4 channels and 1 for the other amp. How do i do this, do i need to buy those Y connectors or what?

Also, if i dont that, what happens when i turn the subwoofer level control up, isnt it going to turn up the bass on my speakers, not only my subs?

Thanks alot guys. Hope to get some help.

springy101 is offline village idiot/racist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ready to install. Final question

you only need to run one set of rca cables from each amp to the back of the head unit, and im pretty sure the aux input is for like an external cd changer or something

I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

Ref's: Ebay

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ready to install. Final question

Quote Originally Posted by npcout
    Alright guys, i have 2 amps, a 2 channel bridged mono to power my subs, and a 4 channel to power my four speakers.

My head unit is a Alpine CDE-9845 and it says in the specs, 2 PRE-AMP OUTPUTS with Sub level control. Also it says it has AUX-INPUT

I have to run 3 RCAs i think, 2 for the 4 channel amp, because im using all 4 channels and 1 for the other amp. How do i do this, do i need to buy those Y connectors or what?
    Do either of your amps have a preamp output? Your head unit only has two sets of preamp outputs - and it stating that it has a subwoofer level control indicates to me that the rear RCA preamp outputs on the head unit are selectable between rear and subwoofer output.

Read through the manual to see if there is any mention of such a thing. If I'm right and the rear RCA outputs are switchable to a subwoofer output then only in that mode will the subwoofer level control function and no, it wouldn't affect the bass in your speakers unless the amp this output is connected to is driving your speakers rather than your subs.

The preferred method would be to use a head unit with three sets of preamp outputs, one being a dedicated sub output - but that option isn't open to us using the one you have specified.

You can do this a couple of different ways:
    (1) Connect the front and rear preouts from the head unit both to your four channel amp. This will retain your fadar functionality. (This method only works assuming that your 4ch amp has a set of RCA outputs to daisy-chain the bass amp to) Then hook the bass amp up to the 4-channel unit's RCA outs, get the crossover and gains set correctly and call it a day. You'll have no direct control over the sub level this way but I'd rather have fadar control than sub control if I had to pick one or the other.
    (2) Connect the front RCA output from the head unit to your 4-channel amp and if it won't output on all four channels with only a two-channel input then get some Y-splitters to give it all four inputs. Turn the other set of outputs into a sub output and connect these to your bass amp. You'll have no fadar control but you will have direct level adjustment for your subs.

The above methods are suggested making a lot of assumptions about your amps that I am not completely certain are even an avaiable option to you - I don't know what specific amps we're talking about here so it's a matter of "If ____, then ____"

Hope I've helped in some small way rather than confused you further.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

Closed Thread