Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Head Unit obsevations and comments

MBrock4u is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Head Unit obsevations and comments

Hi all,

There is alot of discussion and comments on various head units to buy and what not to buy. This forum has been very helpful and I thank you all for that. On the other hand when I hear about some good quality head units that get trashed in here it really makes me wonder. IE: Does anybody remember what your old stock head units sounded like?? Boy I sure do and it ****** lol. When my brother gave me a hand me down sony unit it sounded so MUCH better, but obviously there are MUCH better out there. I have since upgraded my whole system by leaps and bounds. I am very happy with what I have now The point is the high end Eclipes, Pioneer's ect... are awesome when u compare them too Alpine's lower end models for example, but as far as I am concerned anything Alpine is good but there r just better out there. I would have given my left nut to have some of these head units on here that are being trashed compared to my old stock unit. I try to keep that in prospective around here especially for the new people in car audio. Just my 2 cents worth Once again I have learned alot in here and for that I am thankful.

Mike75 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Head Unit obsevations and comments

Thank you for the advice/knowledge...I sometimes get caught-up in things as you mentioned, I really appreciate your post...It makes sense and is honest...What is actually your system as of now? Thanks

MBrock4u is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Head Unit obsevations and comments

Thanks for asking and your comment !
    My system goes as followed:
    Head Unit: Kenwood Excelon Kdc-X589
    Front Soundstage: Infinity Kappa 6.5 coax in front doors
    Alpine 4 inch coax with 600 htz bass blocker in the dash
    Rear fill: Alpine 6.5 coax type S
    Hatch back area: Alpine 6 x 9 type S with enclosed Q-logic boxes
    Amplifier: Infinity Reference 4 channel 111 x 4 rms at 4 ohms, 139 x 4 at 2 ohms
    System is running a 2 ohms stereo. I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse so I really saw no need for subs in this type of car. It thumps just fine for me without subs. When properly powered, those alpines thump like 8 inch subs anyway

Closed Thread