Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Head Unit Comment & Question

Hi everyone

Just upgraded my head unit the other day and to say the least I am amazed at what it can do so far, still learning and tweeking lol. Anyway, it is the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X589. This unit is awesome!! Unbelievably clean loaded with featurers that I have never had before. My question is (still learning) about using the bass management system, and the dual zone system. So far I am stumpt here?? I was wondering if anybody who has this head unit could help me out, or give me any advice on tweeking my system. I thank you all in advance
    System consists of the following:

Mitzsubishi Eclips
    Front soundstage: 6.5 infinity kappa's in doors
    Alpine 4 inch Type S in the dash with 600 htz bass blockers running off the head unit
    Rear fill: Alpine Type S 6.5
    Hatch Area: Alpine 6x9 Type S with speaker enclosed boxes Don't really need subs for this Type of car
    Amplifier: Infinity reference series 4 channel 111 RMS X 4 at 4 ohms 139 RMS X 4 at 2 ohms. System is running at 2 ohms stereo

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Head Unit Comment & Question

Quote Originally Posted by MBrock4u
    Hi everyone

Just upgraded my head unit the other day and to say the least I am amazed at what it can do so far, still learning and tweeking lol. Anyway, it is the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X589. This unit is awesome!! Unbelievably clean loaded with featurers that I have never had before. My question is (still learning) about using the bass management system [#1], and the dual zone system[#2]. So far I am stumpt here?? I was wondering if anybody who has this head unit could help me out, or give me any advice on tweeking my system. I thank you all in advance
    System consists of the following:

Mitzsubishi Eclips
    Front soundstage: 6.5 infinity kappa's in doors
    Alpine 4 inch Type S in the dash with 600 htz bass blockers running off the head unit
    Rear fill: Alpine Type S 6.5
    Hatch Area: Alpine 6x9 Type S with speaker enclosed boxes Don't really need subs for this Type of car
    Amplifier: Infinity reference series 4 channel 111 RMS X 4 at 4 ohms 139 RMS X 4 at 2 ohms. System is running at 2 ohms stereo
    #1) Unless you are running B.M.S.-equipped eXcelon amplifiers then the B.M.S. controls in your new head unit are not applicable to your setup. It is a feature used to control certain functions of a few older eXcelon amps (such as the KAC-X401M that runs my bass). Without a B.M.S-equipped amp this function may as well not exist for you.

#2) On that particular deck an auxillary input is an optional thing, if I recall correctly, rather than those inputs being built-in like they are on mine. Regardless of that if you are not using an external source other than the head unit (whether it be an iPod, a DVD player, outboard CD or .mp3 player, etc) then this function is more or less useless as well. If you do have an external source of some kind then the audio from that external source can be played in one area, front or rear, of the vehicle (or "zone") and one of the deck's internal sources (tuner or CD) can be played in another.

Hope this gives you the answers you were looking for and good luck with your new deck. I am personally a very loyal fan of Kenwood's and have been running eXcelon gear for many years now - just bought the 25th Anniversary XXV-01D head unit for myself and I love it!

Welcome to the forum.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

MBrock4u is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: New Head Unit Comment & Question

Thanks for the info I can sure understand why you love your head unit. That one you have is very impressive, so far I am very happy with mine. The excelon line is VERY GOOD INDEED !!

Closed Thread