Closed Thread

Reload Thread: drz 9255 users?

thefunkybunch is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

drz 9255 users?

unfortunately we don't have one of these to play with in the shop so i've been trying to make sense of the manual. a couple questions...

time alignment... does it exist? it is a pain in the rear to use if it does? it says that it has it, and has the tables at the bottom of the manual, however nowhere in the manual does it say anything at all about how to access it. this has me a little concerned, as time alignment is a MUST.

crossovers... in standard mode which i will be using (Z6 component set, and no way i want to get rid of them for a 3 way set...) it seems as if the lowest high pass crossover on the mids is something like 250hz, though i may have been misreading it; seems a bit low for a lpf crossover. does it really limit you to 250hz, or can you move it down to 50-60hz? i've noticed that about 50-60hz is perfect for what i listen to (a lot of jazz, some classic rock, and about everything else, but mostly the 2 i listed first). i really don't want to use my amplifier crossovers because i like being able to adjust them on the fly for different music types.

anyone that owns this deck, or has better knowledge of it than myself please help. i would appreciate any information.

thank you

slick316 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: drz 9255 users?

Time alignment is there, I don't use it however. You can adjust High, Mid, Low, and Sub (all with Left and Right adjustments). Never bothered to use it, so I have no clue if its a pain in the rear to operate. The adjustments are made in centimeters. I guess you basically measure the approximate distance from said speaker to your ear in centimeters and enter that in the deck. The time alignment adjusts in real time, so the change is made as you adjust, your ears can judge for themselves if what you set is right or wrong.
    Crossovers are wierd, there are different modes, I use "Multi" mode. I have my speakers bi amp, running the High output for the tweeter, and the Mid output for the midbass. I don't have a high pass set on mine, they play low, so I let them.
    Are you going to bi amping? If so, set the deck to Multi mode, and use the LOW output for your midbass, you can set it to high pass from 25hz-250hz, and low pass from 250hz-10khz.
    Hope this helps.

2005 Honda Accord EX Sedan
    JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio ZR650-CSi, JL Audio 12W3v3 in custom stealthbox like enclosure in trunk, JL Audio A6450, Audiocontrol DQXS w/DDC

Home:
    Sony 32" XBR BRAVIA LCD, Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player, B&W 704 Floorstanders, Rotel RC-1070 Pre amp, Rotel RB-1070 amplifier (130x2), Rotel RCC-1055 5 Disc Changer, HTPC as music server and PVR, and XBOX 360.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

honestly, no it really doesn't help a whole lot, except maybe confirming my suspicions. thank you for responding though. i have a 2 way component set, and would have to run the deck in standard mode... from what i understand, multi is for a 3way comp set. yes, i am bi-amping with considerably more power than i could ever need (just the way i like it ) i could just defeat the midbass HP filter, and let it run as low as it wants to, however when i throw in some reggae or rock i don't really want the speakers playing that low, as usually that's when i have the windows down on the highway and crank it up. my windows are almost always down year round, but most of my driving is city so wind noise isn't really a huge concern, and i rarely turn it up too loud. but there are occasions when i do.

how do you like the deck? is there anything you would change about it if you could (other than adding sirius capabilities to it, judging by your sig )

looks like i have some more reading up on it, or maybe i should just call clarion.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Multi is supposed to be for a 3 way setup, but you can easily use it in a 2 way bi amped setup, like I am. Using the LOW preouts and the HIGH preouts, and setting the x overs correctly on the deck, you basically cover all frequencies.
    The deck has 4 sets of pre outs. A Front/Low, Front/High, Rear/Mid, and SUB. When you set the deck to standard mode, the preouts will be used as Front-High, Front-low, Rear, and SUB. With this setting, you can high pass the Front-High preout from 315hz and up, but no low pass, and you can low pass the Front-Low preout from 250hz-20khz, but no high pass. This is NOT the mode for you since you want to be able to high pass your mids.
    This is why you use Multi mode. In Multi mode, the pre outs will be used as HIGH, MID, LOW, SUB. For your case, which is similar to mine, you use the HIGH and LOW preouts, leave the MID output alone. In the deck, set your high pass for the HIGH, and then set your low pass and high pass for the LOW setting. Since you want to high pass your mids, you need to use Multi mode and utilize the HIGH and LOW preouts.
    What you want done can be accomplished with this deck.

I love the deck, sounds great, nice features, simple looking (not the easiest to use in all honesty, but I'm no tard). Sirius capability would be nice, I would sell my current one to upgrade to a new DRZ9255 if they upgraded it with Sirius capability. I really can't think of something I don't like about this deck, seriously.

JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio ZR650-CSi, JL Audio 12W3v3 in custom stealthbox like enclosure in trunk, JL Audio A6450, Audiocontrol DQXS w/DDC

Home:
    Sony 32" XBR BRAVIA LCD, Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player, B&W 704 Floorstanders, Rotel RC-1070 Pre amp, Rotel RB-1070 amplifier (130x2), Rotel RCC-1055 5 Disc Changer, HTPC as music server and PVR, and XBOX 360.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you, that is exactly the information i was looking for. i think i'll get one soon and throw a starbase into the aux input

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Might want to wait until CES, who knows, Clarion might add Sirius to the 9255 (Doubtful, but a distant possibility).
    Glad I can help, not a lot of these units out there, so I know info can be scarce.

Home:

Closed Thread