Closed Thread

Reload Thread: My Pionner HU output power *****

DIGIDIGIBOMBO is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Pionner HU output power *****

Hi guys i have a Pioneer HU (DEH-3750MP)its a new HU, the speakers connected to my amp sounds good but the front speakers that are directly connected to my HU really *****. The front sound is really low when the volume is almost at its maximum, i tried different equalizer settings etc...no improvements, what can i do to solve this problem. I dont wanna also connect the front speakers and tweeters to an amplifier. Its so strange, they said on the catalogue that this HU can output max of 4x50 W, any thoughts???? thx guys
    Last edited by DIGIDIGIBOMBO; 09-07-2005 at 09:28 PM.

Bake is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Pionner HU output power *****

No head unit is going to put out anywhere near 200 watts. no matter what the box says. If you want loud clean music you will have to amp your speakers. wire the amp you have now to your front speakers and run the rears off of the head unit. or run all four off of the amp you have. either way it will be an improvement.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys, i am using a 4 ch amp and i have 4 speakers in the rear wired to this amp, so i cannot use this amp for the front speakers anymore, my friend is wiring his front speakres+tweeters directly to the HU and the sound is great my previous HU was sooooooooooo old and i didnt have an amp.....and it was outputing a lot more than ths new pioneer. Thx anyway, i am going to put a 1KHz test tone and try to see what voltage is reaching the front speakrs.One last thing, I have one set of rca output from my HU, those are connected to the amp.... the 8 wires that comes out of the HU are connected to 2 front speakers and 2 tweeters, is there anything wrong....?

DIPayton is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well Pioneer makes great HU's but if you are having problems with it then try getting an old one like you had. I don't know what speakers you have in the front but you cannot expect them to be getting much more than 18-20 watts going into each speaker. That cannot get too loud anyways. If you have real good speakers then amping them is the only way (IMO) that you will achieve better sound.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thx a lottttttt guys and one last question i have one set of preout rca in the back of the HU, i can use Y connections splitters and connect as much amplifiers as i want?? also some HU have 2 sets or more of preout rca/s, we must use specific ones to each amplifier and speakers? i mean cant i just always use one set and then use y connections to split them...? or if there are 2 or more sets every set outputs a specific ftrequency...? sorry too manu questions i know thx again

adam71 is offline P9 = Ultimate SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With MOST decks multiple sets of RCAs are full range front and rear outputs. Some decks have 3 sets and are for front/rear/subwoofer. Higher end decks that have 3 can be ran in NETWORK mode and the outputs switch to High/mid/low.

Now some amps have an output (a.k.a. thru-put) as well as an input. That means you can run your 1 set from your head unit to the amp's input and then run a seperate rca out of the output of the amp to the input of another amp. If you want to run 2 amps that don't have this feature and your deck only has one preout you will have to use Y adapters. I would NOT connect anymore than 2 amps in this way because you're actually splitting your preout voltage when you do this. So splitting it once will not be that big of a deal but a bunch of times will start taking its toll.

Source Unit: Pioneer P9 combo
    Tweeters: CDT DRT-25 Silk
    Mids: CDT ES-5 (5.25")
    Midbass: CDT M6 (6.5")
    Subs: Pioneer TS-W12PRS
    Mid & Tweet amp: Pioneer PRS-X340
    Midbass Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720
    Sub Amp: Pioneer PRS-X720

johnecon2001 is offline SSA/ROE Super-Møderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes use a Y adapter.

Don't PM me, I'm not here. Find me on SSA or ROE
    No, I won't re-upload the Big3 pictures. Don't ask.

Bake is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DIGIDIGIBOMBO
    the 8 wires that comes out of the HU are connected to 2 front speakers and 2 tweeters, is there anything wrong....?
    If you are powering tweeters from the head unit with no crossovers no doubt you have much distortion in your system, and it would sound like crap. The tweeters will not last long without crossovers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good catch bake, I guess I missed that when I read it. Yep sending full range to a tweet is bad news. That would be like sending full range to a sub and wondering why it sounds boomy.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok guys so i must use a cross over to power those tweeters with high frequencies, also sending high frequencies with no bass the the 2 front speakers sounds good to me, anyway those are only 20rms speakers. But the problem is that i must also use an amplifier+external crossovcer or an apmlifier with built in crossover:S OUFF i already have a 4 ch amp for the 4 rear speakers, and one amp for 2 subwoofers, and now i need another sice the output power from the HU is low, i only have one set of preout RCA on my HU, is it ok to split it to connect 3 amplifiers?? My 4 ch amp has one output for rca, , this amplifier output RCA is a built in Y adaptor right?? My 4 cah amp has 2 sets of input rca and one set of rca output, it means this one set of output is connected thru an internal Y adaptor to one random set of rca inputs? As a conclusion i must connect 3 amps, weither using y adaptors, or from every amp to the other, but there is only one set coming from the HU, is it safe to do that? thx for all ur replies

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An external crossover would be ideal in your case. Or a deck with more preouts. If it were MY system I would NOT even have rear speakers. I would focus my attention on the fronts and the subs. Or just use the 4 channel on the fronts and 1 set of rear speakers. Adding a 3rd amp and an external xover is the more expensive route but will give the best results.

Closed Thread