User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is there any way to use Monster iCruze with my aftermarket head unit?

4GPrelude is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any way to use Monster iCruze with my aftermarket head unit?

If I'm guilty of anything, it's uneducated impulse buying. With that said, I purchased a Monster iCruze and the optional Artist/Song display unit a week ago, but in a box they sit. I only have recently discovered that the iCruze was meant for factory head units (something my car didn't come with when I bought it). I felt fortunate when I read that iCruze will work without the additional harness adapter if you have an Alpine head unit (which I do, the old Alpine that came with my car), but lost hope when I read that it doesn't support the older AI-net architecture, only the new -BUS style design.

Annnyway, I have a Nakamichi CD-45z (also in a box, awaiting installation) and I'm wondering if there's ANY way I can hook this iCruze up to it. While I don't want to part with my Nakamichi, getting a new Alpine head unit to use with iCruze is a viable option ... resorting back to the factory radio is an unwelcome idea though. Thanks for any help offered.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is there any way to use Monster iCruze with my aftermarket head unit?

no ideas? I just need to know if iCruze can be used with an aftermarket stereo (other than Alpine), no one's tried? If there is another board where you think I might be able to get an answer, please let me know

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Is there any way to use Monster iCruze with my aftermarket head unit?

ok, well how about this question instead:

are there adapters to make an M-bus type connector fit a similar but not same CD-changer connector on a disimilar head unit?

The iCruze is made to replace the option of a CD changer and be controlled by the CD changer controls on the head unit, while it requires an adapter for your vehicle's factory head unit (depending on the make of the vehicle), it's be default compatible with Alpine's M-Bus CD changer control system, so you don't need an adapter cable if you have an Alpine unit, it'll instead just plug right into the CD change M-Bus cable coming ouf out of the head unit. I don't have an Alpine head unit (well I do, but it's a tape player, and needs to be removed), and I'd like to keep my Nakamichi head unit, but obviously it doesn't utilize the same M-bus plug for CD changer controls ... is there an adapter available that can solve all of my problems?

Closed Thread