Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Oh crap, just ordered an Eclipse 5444 and found out it has no midrange control!

ls1pimp is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Oh crap, just ordered an Eclipse 5444 and found out it has no midrange control!

I just ordered this HU assuming it had a midrange level adjuster (0-6), and was told by eclipse after I ordered it that it does not. Im really upset now, and i dunno if they will take it back, now i wanna go with the 5425 because that one has midrange control on it. Is it not gonna sound right since you can't adjust the mids?

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Oh crap, just ordered an Eclipse 5444 and found out it has no midrange control!

Quote Originally Posted by ls1pimp
    I just ordered this HU assuming it had a midrange level adjuster (0-6), and was told by eclipse after I ordered it that it does not. Im really upset now, and i dunno if they will take it back, now i wanna go with the 5425 because that one has midrange control on it. Is it not gonna sound right since you can't adjust the mids?
    it will still sound alright. just the 05 models have more tuning capabilites.

SSS 18734 is offline Dollar Menu Millionaire

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Oh crap, just ordered an Eclipse 5444 and found out it has no midrange control!

I want the Pioneer 860MP, the one with the 13 band equalizer

Bought From:
    Absolutnockout, zachzchw, Untouchable11, j3bus2k3 (x2), 92c1v1c, jeeper07, acubsfan, bkjt05, Goldenknob, Goindef154, Basscourt2009, TeamSouthrnBass, oldschoolboomer, 99grandprixGT
    Sold to:
    Gearguy2001 (American Bass SQ780)
    Tw1st3d13 (2 Fi BL 15's)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bri487
    it will still sound alright. just the 05 models have more tuning capabilites.
    Well, my Alpine 7893 has no midrange level control, just bass and treble, and because of this the midrange level is very low and i can't do anything about it. This is the reason i wanted a new HU, and now this one doesn't have it either? Thats complete crap, i will probably just sell it right when i get it if they won't take it back.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SSS 18734
    I want the Pioneer 860MP, the one with the 13 band equalizer

It has a 15 band eqaulizer according to the eclipse rep, but that is just to set the frequencies on it. To set output levels all you can change is subwoofer level, bass and treble, no midrange.

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Just get an external EQ/processor...would be a lot more flexible anyway.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Ok i think i figured it out. There are two modes on this HU, simple and advanced. IN simple mode, it has a 2 band EQ, (bass and treble) and in advanced, there is the 13 band EQ, where you have to go into each frequency and adjust output levels with + or -. Is this correct? If so that is much better for my needs than a basic 3 band.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Im sorry if i sound very newbish with this, i am just kind of confused. Some sites say there is a 13 band eq on the 5444, yet others say there is a single band parametric eq. Im very confused! Single band implies there is only one adjustable level, and i thought parametric means there are mutlible adjustable levels? Sounds like an oxymoron. Can someone clear this up for me please!

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

Parametric/graphic are types of EQ - in a graphic EQ, the frequencies/bandwidth is fixed, you only adjust the amplitudes. Parametric EQ's are a whole lot more flexible; you can set the frequencies, bandwidth, and the level of boost/cut.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frost
    Parametric/graphic are types of EQ - in a graphic EQ, the frequencies/bandwidth is fixed, you only adjust the amplitudes. Parametric EQ's are a whole lot more flexible; you can set the frequencies, bandwidth, and the level of boost/cut.
    What does it mean if the Parametric EQ is "Single band"? I thought it was 13 band?

Ok let me get this straight. On my Alpine CDA 7893, there is a setting for treble
    (0-7) and bass (0-7) and nothing else, no advanced mode or anything. So that Alpine has a 2 Band Graphic EQ where you can only adjust amplitute?

But with the Eclipse I just picked up, I don't have just bass and treble, but individual frequencies to adjust, liek low end bass, mid end bass, etc? And i will be able to set ouput levels as well? If so sounds like i can completely customize the sound with the Eclipse.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Well according to another spec sheet i found for the Eclipse 5444 said it has a "High-performance DSP: Graphic EQ and Multi Harmonizer " , yet another sheet said it has a single band parametric EQ. And to make it wierder, another site said it has only a 2 band eq and only a simple mode, no advanced mode. So as of now, i have absolutely no idea what the hell kind of EQ this HU has.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Can someone with this HU (Eclipse 5444) please chime in and tell me what exactly you can adjust in the EQ (how many bands)? Im very confused as to what i just bought right now.

Some sites say you only have 2 bands to adjust (bass and treble) and others say you have 13 bands, yet there is only an easy mode on this HU? Im so very confused!

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Justintoxicated has this deck, as he responded to youyr other thread- why not pm him ?

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

bri487 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ls1pimp
    Well, my Alpine 7893 has no midrange level control, just bass and treble, and because of this the midrange level is very low and i can't do anything about it. This is the reason i wanted a new HU, and now this one doesn't have it either? Thats complete crap, i will probably just sell it right when i get it if they won't take it back.
    i dont like the sound of the alpine either without my external EQ on it. it has the four band EQ in it too and it still lacked mid-bass/mid-range.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frost
    Just get an external EQ/processor...would be a lot more flexible anyway

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5Max6spd
    Justintoxicated has this deck, as he responded to youyr other thread- why not pm him ?

already did PM him, just waiting for him to respond. I was hoping there were others who had this deck or knew about it as well though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast