Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Crutchfield to sell Eclipse decks?

BodegaBay is offline AV Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Crutchfield to sell Eclipse decks?

I don't think this has been mentioned yet on this forum but I read from another forum that Eclipse head units will be sold through Crutchfield soon. The customer was inquiring about a Clarion H/U issue and mentioned Eclipse for comparison. The Crutchfield Tech Support guy then mentioned that Crutcfield will eventually sell Eclipse since his computer database shows all new SKUs entered for Eclipse models.

I like it. I don't feel Crutchfield will "cheapen" the brand at all as Crutchfield -selling mostly on MAP/MSRP- has a good reputation for customer service, warranty support, and lifetime tech support. I just hope Eclipse holds the line with quality as they continue to penetrate the market.

JonJT is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Crutchfield to sell Eclipse decks?

Well, we will finally have a website with more information about the head units than the crappy manufacturer website, along with large picturers. The problem, though, is Crutchfield will probably inflate the price.

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

could you imagine how much an 8455 would cost there?

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i doubt they will inflate any prices, crutchfield has always been true to manufacturer MSRP. If anything they will offer what currently is not available with Eclipse through dealer networks, periodically discounts and deals- as they will actually have a large inventory buying in bulk.

All I know is that this a great thing for those who cry that they dont have a local Eclipse dealer and ******* at the time when lines go out, and new ones come in- he'll there would be a bunch of people psyched to pick up discontinued model like an 8454 at a sweet price with the warranty and CS service backing of a company like crutchfield.

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

OdieTRP is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Their sales can sometimes be pretty spectacular too. Look at the Alpine sale they have every year before the new models come out.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Max is right in that they are true to MSRP; they don't inflate prices beyond that. Add superb CS, lifetime technical support, free 3-day shipping (over $200), no sales tax (for most states) and it will be very attractive to buy Eclipse from Crutchfield. Local dealers seldom stray from Eclipse MSRP/MAP pricing so it will be a fairly level playing field to choose from.

And as Odie said, their sales on discontinued (or discontinuing) items are very good. Think of it, in 1~2 years years they'll could drastically reduce pricing on the 8455 (an extremely well made H/U, IMO) to make way for newer Eclipses!
    Last edited by BodegaBay; 08-03-2005 at 02:52 PM.

strong*I*bumpin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BodegaBay
    Max is right in that they are true to MSRP; they don't inflate prices beyond that. Add superb CS, lifetime technical support, free 3-day shipping (over $200), no sales tax (for most states) and it will be very attractive to buy Eclipse from Crutchfield. Local dealers seldom stray from Eclipse MSRP/MAP pricing so it will be a fairly level playing field to choose from.

And Odie as said, their sales on discontinued (or discontinuing) items are very good. Think of it -- in 1~2 years years they'll could drastically reduce pricing on the 8455 to make way for newer Eclipses!
    and u get all the installation equipment(harness',dashkit,etc.)needed,also a step by step black & white installation illustration-that includes removing rear & front speakers & the head removal.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone
    Sure can.....exactly the same as it would cost at your local retailer.

As everyone else said (but it needs to be said again, as people obviously don't understand it)....Crutchfield does not inflate their prices at all. They price their items at MAP/MSRP, just the same as your local dealer. Sure, their prices are higher than other e-tailers....but that's because Crutchfield is an authorized dealer of every item they sell, unlike the "cheaper" e-tailers.

IMHO it would be a good move for Eclipse to go to Crutchfield. In all honesty, Eclipse is not a household name for car audio. And Crutchfield, being the "first stop" for most newbs just getting into car audio (or atleast it was when I was first starting out), it should help raise brand awareness and recognition, aswell as increase sales by making the products more easily available.

JonJT is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I retract my price statement. Otherwise, making crutchfield an authorized Eclipse dealer will do nothing but good for the company.

On a side note, I like the fact that Eclipse is not a household name in car audio, I like being descrete.

JLCivic is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iceteebone
    IF Crutchfield ever sells Eclipse, my guess is they will have the exact same pricing as Eclipse's other authorized dealers. The question I ponder is how will warranty work. Eclipse offers a 1 year warranty if you install the deck. The warranty bumps to 3 years(best factory warranty available on a head unit, afaik) if an authorized dealer installs it. Many people who buy eclipses from crutchfield(again, assuming this does happen) will certainly not be near an eclipse dealer to have them install it.

2002 Honda Accord SE sedan

RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

http://members.sounddomain.com/perryb

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like they are beginning to stock some units...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qdEk6gx...lipse&skipvs=T

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like CarDomain is getting in on the action too. Looks like Eclipse is pushing for higher volumes with these reputable on-line internet retail giants. Kind of reminds me when Alpine made the push into mainstream market.

Regardless, I know where to get Eclipse (6spdcoupe, ahem) if I'm ever in the market for one.

Closed Thread