Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Eclipse Owner's Manual

woofersus is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eclipse Owner's Manual

I have an eclipse CD5444 that I bought off ebay. It works great, and I have figured out most of the essentials, but It came with no manual. I would like to know if anybody has any idea where I can get one. There are a few features that I haven't managed to figure out, and a few more that I'm not sure what they are. I checked Eclipse's website, but it didn't seem to offer any .pdf's of manuals.

My system
    HU: Eclipse CD5444
    Front: JL Audio XR525csi's
    Rear: Polk Audio DB650's
    Subs: 2 JL Audio 12w3v2's
    Amps: JBL PX300.4, MTX 500D

Cha0s00100 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Eclipse Owner's Manual

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome. Thanks alot.

My system

JLCivic is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofersus
    Awesome. Thanks alot.
    That link is for the a brochure, not an owner's manual. You could contact United Radio in Syracuse(www.unitedradio.com) for a manual. Eclipse might sell one to you direct(800-233-2216).

2002 Honda Accord SE sedan

RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

http://members.sounddomain.com/perryb

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I descovered that the above link was for a brochure, which was colorful and informative, but not really what I need. I guess I was hoping somebody on here had one. The CD5444 is last year's model, and I thought it might be possible that somebody had retired one already. I guess I will have to call eclipse and see if they can sell me one...

My system

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofersus
    Yes, I descovered that the above link was for a brochure, which was colorful and informative, but not really what I need. I guess I was hoping somebody on here had one. The CD5444 is last year's model, and I thought it might be possible that somebody had retired one already. I guess I will have to call eclipse and see if they can sell me one...
    Again, if they don't sell them direct, call United Radio. I believe they do sell them.

RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

BodegaBay is offline AV Enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is one thing I absolutely detest from Eclipse. In today's technology and information driven society, there should be NO excuse for such a world class manufacturer NOT to make product manuals available to the buying public. Most consumer electronics companies I buy from have the manuals on their webpages, why can't Eclipse? Whomever they hired for publishing duties should have the manuals available on Acrobat PDF format. From there, it's just a matter of hosting it on Eclipse's website. Easy as pie. Hell, even Sirius.com has a downloadable PDF manual on a 2005 Eclipse Sirius capable H/U.

You could always contact Eclipse technical support and see if they can e-mail you a PDF copy. While you're at it, ask them why it's not available to the public?

SteelWheel is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just another way the man is trying to keep us down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BodegaBay
    This is one thing I absolutely detest from Eclipse. In today's technology and information driven society, there should be NO excuse for such a world class manufacturer NOT to make product manuals available to the buying public. Most consumer electronics companies I buy from have the manuals on their webpages, why can't Eclipse? Whomever they hired for publishing duties should have the manuals available on Acrobat PDF format. From there, it's just a matter of hosting it on Eclipse's website. Easy as pie. Hell, even Sirius.com has a downloadable PDF manual on a 2005 Eclipse Sirius capable H/U.

You could always contact Eclipse technical support and see if they can e-mail you a PDF copy. While you're at it, ask them why it's not available to the public?
    A couple of years ago, Eclipse did have some owner's manuals up on their website. Then, the website was revamped and they were gone. I do not know why they are no longer available for download. I love Eclipse products, but I agree they should have manuals available for download from their site.

RF 8250
    Sirius
    Dynaudio 220 components
    JL Audio 12W6V2 sub
    JL Audio 300/4 amp
    JL audio 500/1 amp

Justintoxicated is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do you like the HU?

the 2 things I do not like are no pause button and no way to fade front to rear when using advanced mode, and you basicaly have to use advanced mode for time-alignment.

Truck:
    Nissan Titan KC
    HU:
    Eclipse CD7200 MKII HU
    Speakers:
    DLS Iridium 6.2 Front Stage
    TC1000's,
    AMps:
    Arc Audio XXK 2100 for fronts, Diamond Audio D5 1200.1
    Other:
    Knukonceptz 0 & 4ga and all Speaker wire and Streetwires 0 ga Power/Ground Distro Block, 4.5 rolls 60 mil RAAMAT and Ensolite foam througbhout, Kintetik HC2000 The Big 3 + 0ga Gounding Kit.

polygaryd is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST IN ADVANCE

hey guys i have one of these cd5444 hu's and heres the thing, i want to smash it into the ground and beat it repeatedly with a sledge hammer. the stupid hu doesnt have the security feature enabled. it scans for the best signal radio stations and programs them to the presets. it reads cd's everything is fine right. WRONG, the stupid deck worked fine in my black 1999 m3 bmw when it was hooked up through the rca outputs in that car. now i transfer it to my red 1999 m3 bmw and hook it up through the normal speaker outputs and i get no sound, just an initial pop out of one of the speakers and then nothing. i unhooked everything but the yellow(batt) red(acc) and black(ground) and hooked up a known good speaker to a set of output wires from the harness and no sound. so i eliminated the possiblity of the car harness adapter being bad, speaker wire being bad, speakers being bad or grounding out. all of which i know is fine anyway cuz i had a pioneer deck in the red bmw working 5 minutes before i transplanted this POS eclipse deck into it only to find out that it doesnt work through the normal wire harness only the rca's. any help would be appreciated before i smash this deck out of pure frustration. email me polygaryd@yahoo.com call me 508-523-1627 i dont care how you get ahold of me but please do with any good info you have about what might be wrong with this deck or any settings that allow you to turn off the wire harness speaker outputs and only use rca jacks which i have never heard of but could maybe be a possibility

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
    how do you like the HU?

the 2 things I do not like are no pause button and no way to fade front to rear when using advanced mode, and you basicaly have to use advanced mode for time-alignment.

Closed Thread