MB Quart RAA2400
MB Quart RAA 4200
Dynaudio MD100 tweeters
Adire Extremis 6.8 mids
Elemental Designs 9kv2 8" subs
my rpevious setup had more frequency problems, but it was quite dynamic. that was using Coustic DR amps and a kenwood x911 using 8 volts balanced to the amps. i think that in my current setup, the voltage swing is too low and not giving me enough of the dynamics that i ahd with the much higher voltage preouts of the kenwood. so, my question is, what high voltage units are available that give me the following list of features? OR, should i install another component (a line driver) and use that instead to jack up the existing voltage. one nice thing about the quart amps is a 'front end defeat' switch, that removes the gain and crossover circuitry completely from the signal path, but the amps are gain adjustable to 8 volts rms (much more than my current alpine) so i would love to be able to get closer to a straight-wire-with-gain approach. i have been looking at the Audio Control Matrix 6 channel line driver or some Navone Engineering units ... but the audio control piece tested very well ... hmmm ... advice?
or, a headunit that does the following:
1) adjustable 3 way crossover, with each channel ahving adjustable 6/12/18/24 db slopes and variable and overlapping crossover frequencies
2) adjustable level output for each output (i.e. able to attenuate the tweeter output from the internal crossover)
3) adjustable time alignment for each individual output
4) play CD-r cd's with MP3 music
5) all settings must be adjustable by the user in the car.
I will only be using the preamp outputs.
(the audio control solution is a lot cheaper, but i will need to find a place to put it, and it IS another item in the signal path) ...