Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Blaupunkt BPV-755

Justinw303 is offline [Space for Rent]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blaupunkt BPV-755

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I'm new to the car audio realm, and I'm looking to upgrade my HU first. I figure it's the best place to start, right? Well, the Blaupunkt I mentioned is the one I have my eye on.

How is it?

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Blaupunkt BPV-755

Well - it's probably worth the $93 it'll take to get it to your door but it's pretty basic and leaves little room for later expansion having only one set of RCA preouts. If you plan on later running an external EQ or crossover that won't be that big of an issue, however.

I have a personal bias against Blaupunkt products that dates back better than a decade so I wouldn't personally recommend it but I know people that swear by them so take that with a grain of salt.

What's your planned budget? If you're trying to keep it around the $100 mark and want to buy new then that limits your options pretty drastically but if you're willing to either buy used or up your expenditure you can do much better than that Blau.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, it'll only be powering the 2 speakers in my doors, but later I might be adding a couple of subs powered off an amp. Would I be able to hook the amp up to it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justinw303
    Well, it'll only be powering the 2 speakers in my doors, but later I might be adding a couple of subs powered off an amp. Would I be able to hook the amp up to it?
    The short answer is Yes.

Like I said previously - it's most likely worth the ninety-three bucks it'll cost to get it to your door. And if all you're currently after is an upgrade from a stock head unit and you aren't expecting huge differences then I'd say go for it! (a quick perusal of that particular eBayer's feedback leads me to believe you shouldn't be looking to receive your new stereo soon after tendering payment, however)

It's all a matter of what you're trying to accomplish, guy. I'm a bit more involved in my car audio than you apparently are at this point and when I look at a possible head unit purchase I take possible future system expansion into consideration and that Blau doesn't leave a lot of room to grow. But your long-term goals and mine my not necessarily mirror each other so if the specs/features/whatnot of that deck look good to you then get after it, fella!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573
    The short answer is Yes.

Like I said previously - it's most likely worth the ninety-three bucks it'll cost to get it to your door. And if all you're currently after is an upgrade from a stock head unit and you aren't expecting huge differences then I'd say go for it! (a quick perusal of that particular eBayer's feedback leads me to believe you shouldn't be looking to receive your new stereo soon after tendering payment, however)

It's all a matter of what you're trying to accomplish, guy. I'm a bit more involved in my car audio than you apparently are at this point and when I look at a possible head unit purchase I take possible future system expansion into consideration and that Blau doesn't leave a lot of room to grow. But your long-term goals and mine my not necessarily mirror each other so if the specs/features/whatnot of that deck look good to you then get after it, fella!
    When you say I shouldn't be expecting huge differences, what exactly do you mean? Won't my speakers sound better?

And what type of future expansion do you look for when you purchase a new HU?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When you say I shouldn't be expecting huge differences, what exactly do you mean? Won't my speakers sound better?

And what type of future expansion do you look for when you purchase a new HU?
    Well, if you're going to keep the stock speakers in use for awhile the best head unit out there won't make them sound dramatically better. Will they sound better off of a quality stereo as opposed to the OEM unit? Yes. Will the difference be Night And Day better? Probably not.

As for future expansion possibilities I look for multiple sets of RCA preouts with a strong preout voltage which allows for a cleaner signal being sent to multiple amplifiers without necessitating the use of Y-splitters. I look for onboard high-pass and low-pass crossovers for convenience. The list is long and involved, actually.

The FAQ section of this forum contains unendingly useful tips and information posted by folks that have been tinkering with aftermarket car audio for years. It should provide you with heaps of help if you're up for a bit of reading. (It will be well worth the time investment, I assure you. The "Search" function is a wonderfully handy tool - use it - you'll be glad you did.)

Ignatowski is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ooffff Blau hasent made a decent HU in 10 years

Decipha is offline www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by excelerater
    Ooffff Blau hasent made a decent HU in 10 years

uhhh well maybe... i never liked 'blau' but i've only heard a handful of blaupunkt HU's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, if you're going to keep the stock speakers in use for awhile the best head unit out there won't make them sound dramatically better. Will they sound better off of a quality stereo as opposed to the OEM unit? Yes. Will the difference be Night And Day better? Probably not.

As for future expansion possibilities I look for multiple sets of RCA preouts with a strong preout voltage which allows for a cleaner signal being sent to multiple amplifiers without necessitating the use of Y-splitters. I look for onboard high-pass and low-pass crossovers for convenience. The list is long and involved, actually.

The FAQ section of this forum contains unendingly useful tips and information posted by folks that have been tinkering with aftermarket car audio for years. It should provide you with heaps of help if you're up for a bit of reading. (It will be well worth the time investment, I assure you. The "Search" function is a wonderfully handy tool - use it - you'll be glad you did.)
    Well, like I said the most I would ever expand is two small subs powered off an amp behind the seat, so as long as I can hook up an amp, I guess it's ok. It has more than enough option/features for me, as I'm easily satisfied. I don't feel like breaking the bank on a HU and spending $200+, so I reckon this suits me.

txred0810 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just remeber that when getting into car audio it is verrrryyy addictive...you'll always be wanting more no matter what you say at first...browse around the classifieds for a week or so and see if somethin in your price range pops up b/c it'll most likely be quite a bit better than the one your lookin at.... just my 2 cents though

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You guys are depressing...

Everytime I think I've found something good, I get shot down.

And I have a single cab F-150. I BARELY have enough room for an amp and a small set of subwoofers, so even if I did get addicted and wanted to expand, I couldn't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You guys are depressing...

Everytime I think I've found something good, I get shot down.

And I have a single cab F-150. I BARELY have enough room for an amp and a small set of subwoofers, so even if I did get addicted and wanted to expand, I couldn't.
    Not quite true either...

There are shallow-mount subs that do not require a ton of airspace that a slim truck box would be sufficient for them.

You could get a cowboy camper (half-cab type of affair) and that would give you the room to house car audio gear. You could also get a fiberglass cover for the bed and do a pass-through type of deal from the bed to the cab.

Probably several other ways that haven't occurred to me.

There are always workarounds if ya want it bad enough.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not quite true either...

There are shallow-mount subs that do not require a ton of airspace that a slim truck box would be sufficient for them.

You could get a cowboy camper (half-cab type of affair) and that would give you the room to house car audio gear. You could also get a fiberglass cover for the bed and do a pass-through type of deal from the bed to the cab.

Probably several other ways that haven't occurred to me.

There are always workarounds if ya want it bad enough.
    I'm only 16, and I really don't have the money to do all of that. Plus my dad wouldn't let me.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I see what you're saying about the Blaupunkt not having much room to grow. Only 1 set of preouts, therefore there's only room for a single 2-channel amp.

Like I said earlier, I won't be expanding much anyway, so that suits me fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I see what you're saying about the Blaupunkt not having much room to grow. Only 1 set of preouts, therefore there's only room for a single 2-channel amp.

Like I said earlier, I won't be expanding much anyway, so that suits me fine.
    ^^That's not entirely accurate either. While it is true that a single set of preouts only allows you to directly connect one amplifier there are workarounds to that as well.

You can employ the use of Y-splitters to send the preout signal to multiple amplifiers. Also some amplifiers have RCA outputs on them so you can send the signal to the first amplifier from the head unit then from the first amp to the next. But if you're really thinking that you're gonna stay with a single amp setup then only having one set of preouts on the head unit shouldn't present a problem.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast