Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: so WTF?! Now we're gonna have millions of good head units rip-off by sh*tty brand?

Slaugh is offline CarAudio.com Moron

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so WTF?! Now we're gonna have millions of good head units rip-off by sh*tty brand?

while bored and surfin around i stumbled upon these headunits, which are a pure rip of Alpine head units...

so now are brands gonna legally start selling rip of products trying to pass as them?

i actually know even more alpine rip offs... but what was once funny, now is utter disturbing since everywhere i look i come across these freak show...

someone must stop them...

edit: btw this is how the Innovatek remote control looks like... lol got buttons?

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: so WTF?! Now we're gonna have millions of good head units rip-off by sh*tty brand?

where have you been----companies been doing it for years----get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: so WTF?! Now we're gonna have millions of good head units rip-off by sh*tty brand?

but they were never as "realistic" as these ones...

hehe

desertheat is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Says the brand name right on it. No biggie. Not like anyone is going to confuse them with the brand name right on the face. And if they do confuse them then they really have no clue about car audio so it would not matter anyways.

www.garage1217.com is a good place to get raw leds & parts for custom vehicle lighting!

zachzchw is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by desertheat
    Says the brand name right on it. No biggie. Not like anyone is going to confuse them with the brand name right on the face. And if they do confuse them then they really have no clue about car audio so it would not matter anyways.

Exactly. People will buy these, without a doubt. The thinking will be "I always hear how good Alpine is, these look just like them, so they must be the same. I can get this for only ___, so Im getting a deal!"

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaugh
    while bored and surfin around i stumbled upon these headunits, which are a pure rip of Alpine head units...

so now are brands gonna legally start selling rip of products trying to pass as them?

i actually know even more alpine rip offs... but what was once funny, now is utter disturbing since everywhere i look i come across these freak show...

someone must stop them...

Those aren't even as close as the "X-plore" stuff I've seen flooding eBay here of late comes to copying the brand they're obvisouly trying to counterfeit.

I kinda hafta agree with zach and desert on this one. Anyone buying that carp thinking they got a great deal on some quality gear most likely wouldn't know the difference between it and the real deal to begin with. Anyone with half an grain of sense will know that it is exactly the bargain-basement stuff that it is and buy it coz it fits their budget or not buy it at all.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

flakko is offline Veteran (my butt)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler573
    Those aren't even as close as the "X-plore" stuff I've seen flooding eBay here of late comes to copying the brand they're obvisouly trying to counterfeit.

I kinda hafta agree with zach and desert on this one. Anyone buying that carp thinking they got a great deal on some quality gear most likely wouldn't know the difference between it and the real deal to begin with. Anyone with half an grain of sense will know that it is exactly the bargain-basement stuff that it is and buy it coz it fits their budget or not buy it at all.
    but innovatek is such an awesome brand name!! ima go buy one rite now!!!

btw check your pms prowler.

1998 Acura TL 3.2L
    Crappy Sansui DVD player
    Stock Speakers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Hi ladies, my name is Wo-Hen Nankan"

"I like you. You have balls. I like balls."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why is this thread not deleted yet? i find this to be a waste of space.

GSXR 2001 1k
    CBR 900RR 1999

ndnbolla is offline Jigga what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i find your post to be a waste of space and it should be deleted.
    this one right here should be deleted too.

one question though, if a post gets deleted, does that post still count towards total post count?

back on topic

===ghhhhhheeeeetttttttoooooo

A couple of hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground. He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head. The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead? There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

zachzchw is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by netherland24

This is the first thread that has made you think that?

Ace_TX is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

those one's are bad immitations, phoenix digital and xo have better looking clones

these are great for the mom and pops car stereo/tint/alarm place down the block to sell in there packages

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

actually what i was really wanting to know (and i forgot to ask) is what can the original brand do about this? that was the original point of the thread ehehe

it seems like Alpine has no other choice besides leaving it this way...

can't they sue these companys or something for these?

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaugh
    actually what i was really wanting to know (and i forgot to ask) is what can the original brand do about this? that was the original point of the thread ehehe

it seems like Alpine has no other choice besides leaving it this way...

can't they sue these companys or something for these?
    Unless there is direct copyright infringement (such as using licensed names or images or stealing trademarked material) there's really nothing that the Alpine (or anyone else who has had a design copied) folks can do about it outside of be irritated about it.

Besides - at the end of the day imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Anyone who is willing to cough up two, three hundred dollars or more to buy an Alpine unit because they know they'll be getting a quality product most likely won't be perusing Boss' catalog.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

forbidden is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm, you don't think that even some of the brand name cd players are not coming out of Hyundai factories or whoever may be the cheapest bidder for the year..... Not alot of head units are made 100% by the people with the name on the front of them anymore. Part of the reason as to why you are seeing more and more look a like cd players and subs these days.

Yeah, whatever

jujumantb is offline Duke of Earl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by netherland24
    STFU and take your ******* refferals down, nobody cares.. thats a waste of space.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast