Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 99

Reload Thread: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

  1. #76
    Beerdrnkr's Avatar
    Beerdrnkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    I thought the Alpine 9887 was nice, it's a little more aggressive (in your face) sounding than most decks though. The Pioneer 800prs and P99RS are more laid back sounding but I think they sound really good. The Eclipse 7100 along with Kenwoods top of the line models (I've only used one, don't remember the model number) IMO have a good mix of both and IMO sound the best. 9887 was kind of a pain to navigate with and you do have to buy everything seperately. Kenwood doesn't have full active capabilities and lack what the other higher end units have. The 7100 is a pain in the *** to navigate through. The Pioneers I've always considered the easiest to navigate through with all the active settings.

    I wish Pioneer would've went a little more classier looking with this new model but atleast they wrapped in all of the features without having to purchase seperately, unlike Alpines newer units. I might get one for my g/f's car for a simple 3way active setup. Gotta finish up my system first!




  2. Likes Samwatts22 liked this post



  3. #77
    Imtjnotu's Avatar
    Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    12,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrnkr View Post
    I thought the Alpine 9887 was nice, it's a little more aggressive (in your face) sounding than most decks though. The Pioneer 800prs and P99RS are more laid back sounding but I think they sound really good. The Eclipse 7100 along with Kenwoods top of the line models (I've only used one, don't remember the model number) IMO have a good mix of both and IMO sound the best. 9887 was kind of a pain to navigate with and you do have to buy everything seperately. Kenwood doesn't have full active capabilities and lack what the other higher end units have. The 7100 is a pain in the *** to navigate through. The Pioneers I've always considered the easiest to navigate through with all the active settings.

    I wish Pioneer would've went a little more classier looking with this new model but atleast they wrapped in all of the features without having to purchase seperately, unlike Alpines newer units. I might get one for my g/f's car for a simple 3way active setup. Gotta finish up my system first!
    i need ur help bro.......




  4. #78
    Beerdrnkr's Avatar
    Beerdrnkr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    I have the day off. Let me know.




  5. #79
    Imtjnotu's Avatar
    Imtjnotu is offline Me Gusta Edition

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    12,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerdrnkr View Post
    I have the day off. Let me know.
    texting you now




  6. #80
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    I'm curious when you tested Pandora did you have the app set for the highest available audio quality?




  7. #81
    Roland's Avatar
    Roland is online now Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    Do you need to have 3 amps ( or a 5 channels amp) in order to use/set-up the front stage time alignment?

    In other words my component speaker being on the same amp (front part of a 4 channel) can not really be time adjusted Right? so do i need to have three seperate amps high -mids -lows to take advantage of this HU fetures or am i just missing something?




  8. #82
    West's Avatar
    West is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oliver Springs, TN
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Do you need to have 3 amps ( or a 5 channels amp) in order to use/set-up the front stage time alignment?

    In other words my component speaker being on the same amp (front part of a 4 channel) can not really be time adjusted Right? so do i need to have three seperate amps high -mids -lows to take advantage of this HU fetures or am i just missing something?
    You can preform time adjustments on a front stage that has passive crossovers. The problem is that having an individual channel for each speaker (active crossovers) will do much better for time alignment purposes (because the tweeters are a different distance away from your ears than the mid-bass speakers.) It also usually gives you better sound quality if you use the deck to decide the crossover points, but you will need an amp with more channels.

    What speakers are you using?




  9. #83
    Roland's Avatar
    Roland is online now Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    You can preform time adjustments on a front stage that has passive crossovers. The problem is that having an individual channel for each speaker (active crossovers) will do much better for time alignment purposes (because the tweeters are a different distance away from your ears than the mid-bass speakers.) It also usually gives you better sound quality if you use the deck to decide the crossover points, but you will need an amp with more channels.

    What speakers are you using?
    I have RF T2562-S (100 watt rms) in the box waiting for install.

    I was originally going to go with a PPI p900.4 Amp (140 Rms x 4 @4 ohms) to drive the t2652-s and a small 10 sub, but with this new info, it's back to the drawing board in finding a good value 5 or 6 channel Amp. Now i already have those speakers so finding a budget amp with some watts may be a challenge(I see now i will be going over budget). I do see a Massive Audio NX5 at $300 that might do a good job.

    I really hope the extra expenses for this "3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ, Auto Time Alignment".. will be worth it.




  10. #84
    subzero's Avatar
    subzero is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    30
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    Quote Originally Posted by splwj47 View Post
    if anyone is interested to know, the deck starts to clip at 55 volume for the subwoofer, when i check for the mids and highs the hu didnt start to clip till like 63.
    Is this clipping measured across all source levels? ARe all adjustments flat? What tone are you scoping? What is the Voltage on the preouts at point of clip?

    I am thinking about getting this. I love my DEH-P860MP, I have scoped it and on a cd source all adjustments flat on 50hz tone I could go 40 of 40 and have zero signs of clipping via oscope. I wish this 80prs has a ibus in, but I will live without it. Do you guys have links for the hard drive add ons and other accessories I might want to pick up when I by this 80prs?




  11. #85
    Samwatts22's Avatar
    Samwatts22 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brampton. Ontario
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    Purchased 80prs last month. Came in mail a week or two ago, so excited to install. Great review, good re assurance i made the right choice!




  12. Likes Imtjnotu liked this post
  13. #86
    Chicago_one's Avatar
    Chicago_one is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    I'm stuck between this unit and the AVH-8400bh. I already have the 8400, and the 80prs seems definitely on par and even better. How is the EQ adjustment? Easy to control? That's the one thing I really dislike on the AVH.




  14. #87
    splwj47's Avatar
    splwj47 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Great White North
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Is this clipping measured across all source levels? ARe all adjustments flat? What tone are you scoping? What is the Voltage on the preouts at point of clip?

    I am thinking about getting this. I love my DEH-P860MP, I have scoped it and on a cd source all adjustments flat on 50hz tone I could go 40 of 40 and have zero signs of clipping via oscope. I wish this 80prs has a ibus in, but I will live without it. Do you guys have links for the hard drive add ons and other accessories I might want to pick up when I by this 80prs?
    I scoped it with a 40hz sub and 1khz mid/high. The only source i checked was the cd. Everything was flat on HU. And the mids/high preout clipped at 60 not 63.



    2003 JEEP Grand Cherokee
    HU- pioneer 80prs
    Front Stage- Tantric HD comps.
    FS Amp- B2 Quattro
    Sub Amp-B2 Zero1
    Subs- Tantric HDD 12's
    box - 4.5^3 32hz

  15. #88
    towtongebug's Avatar
    towtongebug is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Pioneer 80PRS Review

    Since we getting close to this race getting started, Im not going to change anything as far as the Pioneer motors go. Thus, both the old and current versions of the Typhoon 18k motors are allowed.

    If nothing else, we will see how they compare against the Scalextric and Hawk motors under race conditions.




  16. #89
    brandonkain82's Avatar
    brandonkain82 is offline your mom goes to college



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    frankfort,il
    Age
    32
    Posts
    717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80PRS Review

    Quote Originally Posted by towtongebug View Post
    Since we getting close to this race getting started, Im not going to change anything as far as the Pioneer motors go. Thus, both the old and current versions of the Typhoon 18k motors are allowed.

    If nothing else, we will see how they compare against the Scalextric and Hawk motors under race conditions.
    wtf is this about???????????????????



    2 smd fifteens on 2 b2 m1s. 8 crossfire mids and 4 aq tweets on 3 b2 qautros. 270 mechman. 10 c and d batts. Busting windshields like its my job.

  17. #90
    Timmy13091's Avatar
    Timmy13091 is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer 80PRS Review

    Quote Originally Posted by brandonkain82 View Post
    wtf is this about???????????????????
    Hawk motors brah ! Lmao




Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FLAC support on Pioneer 80prs.
    By thatguy in forum Head Units
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 11:34 PM
  2. Pioneer 7800 review.
    By J31Rob in forum Head Unit Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 10:11 AM
  3. pioneer premier DEH-P740MP Review?
    By Soupskees in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:03 AM
  4. pioneer review please
    By Simulator in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2002, 04:55 PM
  5. Pioneer Deck Review Please
    By Simulator in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2002, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum