+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 198

Reload Thread: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

  1. #106
    Heeltoeclutch's Avatar
    Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego/Flint, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Hmmm that's interesting...

    Try this

    In the avic411 thread he links to, there is this post:

    Pioneer AVH-P3200 / P4200 Background Image 1440 x 240 Strange Resolution Issues

    Actually, there is much controversy surrounding getting images to properly display on these units; whether running a slide show or getting a decent looking background image (�Capture� command) � folks are having quite the difficulty. I�ve found a straight forward and simple solution:

    1) Save your images to your USB or SD in a 16:9 format (e.g.: 1440 x 810 or 720 x 405).
    2) I recommend 720 x 405; you will not notice any quality difference and the images will display instantly (without any wipe)
    3) Now simply set the headunit�s zoom to �Cinema�.
    4) This works for both slideshow and background image
    5) Here's a couple Honda / Pioneer and other Background Images of Buffalo; you can find more at:

    buffalophoto's Photos : Other | SmugMug ... Background

    Before saving the image (they are all 720 x 405), be sure to hover over the picture and then �View Size > Original�

    Enjoy!
    and there are attached pictures. Here's a link to that thread:

    Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD background woes - AVIC411.com

    I'm going to put some of those pics and some of my own pics on a flash drive and test it out after work - I'll let you know what happens. Maybe give the images attached in that post a try?



    Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html




  2. #107
    Heeltoeclutch's Avatar
    Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego/Flint, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    If that link doesn't work, here's what another person says...

    after many many failures i think i have the best solution, at least it works perfect for me...

    Pioneer says that the unit has a resolution of 1440x240 in fact that is not correct, because pioneer counts the subpixels too, so 1440 subpixels divided by 3 (3 subpixels, one for each color blue, green and red) makes 480. And 480x240 looks way more correct than 1440x240. Now there still is this Aspect Ratio correct problem, that is caused by the unit itself, so again i tried many many times and found the correct resolution which your picture should be...

    It works with any 16:9 aspect Picture like: 1920x1080 or 1280x720 or 1440x900 so there is a wide variety of pictures out there that we can use.

    After you have loaded a Pic of 1920x1080 you resize that pic to 480x380, your pic will look stretched in height but if you put it on your unit the unit itself will shrink the height to the correct aspect ratio. so the pic fully fills out the units display without being stretched.

    I apologise for my bad english, i am german

    But i hope this helps



    Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

  3. #108
    Heeltoeclutch's Avatar
    Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego/Flint, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Alrighty I loaded up some pics today and did some experimenting. I used 16:9 and 480 x 380 (converted from 16:9) Subaru logos and a perfect circle. The Subaru logos displayed fine and looked good, but the circle did look a tiny bit vertically squashed. If I have time I will continue to experiment. If anyone finds the solution, please post it.

    Also, pertaining to the screensaver thing - I don't think the 4300 has it. When you press "media" and it displays your pictures it automatically displays them as a slideshow, but without other media playing. If someone else knows more on the subject, twould be much appreciated as well



    Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

  4. #109
    Silver-N-Black's Avatar
    Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    I just installed my Pioneer 4300DVD last Sat. I notice that every time I turn off the truck all my setting go back to default. Does anyone know which cable controls that? It was install on a 2005 avalanche if that helps.



    Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

  5. #110
    Heeltoeclutch's Avatar
    Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego/Flint, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-N-Black View Post
    I just installed my Pioneer 4300DVD last Sat. I notice that every time I turn off the truck all my setting go back to default. Does anyone know which cable controls that? It was install on a 2005 avalanche if that helps.
    This could be a loose connnection at the constant 12V wire; the HU needs constant 12V to save settings, that's why if you pulll the negative terminal on the battery they'll be lost. Does your HU go back to Demo mode too?



    Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

  6. #111
    Silver-N-Black's Avatar
    Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Yes when I turn on the truck the HU goes into demo mode.

    http://www.modifiedlife.com/2005-che...llation-guide/

    Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange cable must be connected to yellow cable right?
    Last edited by Silver-N-Black; 10-04-2011 at 05:23 PM.



    Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

  7. #112
    Heeltoeclutch's Avatar
    Heeltoeclutch is offline CarAudio.com Elite

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego/Flint, MI
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Id check the constant 12V wire and if it seems to be fine, maybe run a wire from the battery directly to it. If that doesn't fix it, there could be an issue with the unit itself..



    Feedback-ness
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/503302-heeltoeclutch-feedback.html

  8. #113
    Silver-N-Black's Avatar
    Silver-N-Black is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    So check my connection run a new cable to the batt. Cool thanks for the info.



    Coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Bought From : CrazedCat, motley, the727kid, JJones, TheLow, adas, Goindeaf, Reflecting,93dakota

  9. #114
    OCOutdoors's Avatar
    OCOutdoors is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Hoping someone with the AVH-P4300DVD can help me out. I posted in the General Discusion section but no replies. I am replacing my Kenwood DDX-616 with this HU. Problems that I am having with the new HU is my headrest screens wont play what is on the HU. Just a blue screen. Also my Metra Axxess aswc wont sync to new HU. All these worked great with the Kenwood but I wanted an SD slot so I got the Pioneer. This looks like a great HU but useless to me if I can't get the rear screens to work for my kids.




  10. #115
    pickup1's Avatar
    pickup1 is offline Audiosystem,Dynaudio...



    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Roanoke,TX
    Age
    49
    Posts
    7,620
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by OCOutdoors View Post
    Hoping someone with the AVH-P4300DVD can help me out. I posted in the General Discusion section but no replies. I am replacing my Kenwood DDX-616 with this HU. Problems that I am having with the new HU is my headrest screens wont play what is on the HU. Just a blue screen. Also my Metra Axxess aswc wont sync to new HU. All these worked great with the Kenwood but I wanted an SD slot so I got the Pioneer. This looks like a great HU but useless to me if I can't get the rear screens to work for my kids.
    think you have to select it from the top,and on the axxes,you have to reset it and do it from start,i had a 505 alpine and just replaced it with a 4300 and had to do the same thing..




  11. #116
    OCOutdoors's Avatar
    OCOutdoors is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by pickup1 View Post
    think you have to select it from the top,and on the axxes,you have to reset it and do it from start,i had a 505 alpine and just replaced it with a 4300 and had to do the same thing..
    I read that you have to reset it. Is it reset the HU or a reset on the assess? Thanks




  12. #117
    kitkit201's Avatar
    kitkit201 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by OCOutdoors View Post
    I read that you have to reset it. Is it reset the HU or a reset on the assess? Thanks
    I think you reset your settings on the Assess. The HU is from a different provider so it'll need to sense that.

    Once you get that working, what were your options of choose the CH + / - . Were you able to choose both Skip Track for (CDs) and Change Preset (Radio)?




  13. #118
    OCOutdoors's Avatar
    OCOutdoors is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by kitkit201 View Post
    I think you reset your settings on the Assess. The HU is from a different provider so it'll need to sense that.

    Once you get that working, what were your options of choose the CH + / - . Were you able to choose both Skip Track for (CDs) and Change Preset (Radio)?
    I'm an idiot. I did not realize there was a reset on the Axxess. Got that to work fine. Also got my rear monitors to show video but can't get it to play sound on the rear speakers. I think I am going to need headphones and a transmitter.

    Anyone know if the 4300dvd has a built in transmitter?




  14. #119
    kitkit201's Avatar
    kitkit201 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by OCOutdoors View Post
    I'm an idiot. I did not realize there was a reset on the Axxess. Got that to work fine. Also got my rear monitors to show video but can't get it to play sound on the rear speakers. I think I am going to need headphones and a transmitter.

    Anyone know if the 4300dvd has a built in transmitter?
    Can you tell me now that your axxess is working whether you have your Skip Track for (CDs) and Change Preset (radio) work on your channel +/- stereo buttons? . Not sure about your question. Not sure if this HU allows dual zones though.




  15. #120
    OCOutdoors's Avatar
    OCOutdoors is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by kitkit201 View Post
    Can you tell me now that your axxess is working whether you have your Skip Track for (CDs) and Change Preset (radio) work on your channel +/- stereo buttons? . Not sure about your question. Not sure if this HU allows dual zones though.
    On my Superduty SWC it is just volume, next, and mode. I don't use CD's but I use "next" to change songs on my Ipod. "Mode" will change from Ipod-DVD-Radio.




+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum