Well I debated between many head units for my car. Kenwood, Eclipse, Pioneer etc.
What I was looking for was:
- USB (Dual USB)
- High Pre-Out Voltage (3 Sets of 5V preamp outputs)
- Red Lighting (30k color combination)
- Bluetooh Built In (Has external mic)
- Ipod control Built In (control Ipod or Ipod can also control radio)
- TI/Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC
Opening the Box you see the Face plate case, Inside it is the Faceplate.
2 white foam pieces holding the main Head Unit. And a boatload of paper, manuals etc...
Taking the unit out feel about 5 lbs or so, maybe a tad less.
Looking at the front of the unit one can notice something quickly, the simple layout of the face. Important buttons to the drivers side including the phone button. Another thing that goes unmentioned anywhere is that the turn dial encoder has a rubber ring on it for ease of turning it. How many times have you bought a Head Unit to find it has a knob and the thing is so recessed you could barely turn it, well this one has a rubber ring on it with bumps for ease of turning.
Now the styling of the unit is simple, somewhat of a piano finish but you get another non mentioned styling cue, it is Black pearl in direct light. That was nice as my shift knob from Flameball is black pearl resin and my wheels are going to be black pearl.
The Face Plate is actually very sturdy once installed, not flimsy or moving a lot like other units. The Face Plate also has a soft touch opening feature so it doesn't just flip open fast where over time it will cause stress at the connection/tabs (Face is not motorized).
Looking out back you have the Subwoofer output, Front and Rear outputs. All are gold plated, nice for a unit priced under $200 now. It also has the rear usb cable and the Mic input for the Bluetooth.
To the right side of the rear one notices the 15 amp blue mini fuse. Internal amp is rated 20wrms x 4 CEA rated. Looking at many of the units I was interested in they all had 10 amp fuses. So, those looking for on board power, the 15 amp fuse indicated it does put out. we will see once installed.
Online reviews possibly do not state that the internal amp can be shut off if you are using external amplification. It can..
Here is a on the spot list of features:
- In-dash AM/FM, CD, MP3, WMA player with Remote
- Built-in Bluetooth technology supports hands-free calling with a compatible Bluetooth phone
- iPod USB direct connectivity via your standard iPod-to-USB connection cable allows you to charge, control, and playback your iPod through the receiver and stereo system
- Compatible with the iPod and iPhone
- Detachable face
- Full dot LCD display
- Wireless remote control included
- Variable illumination display with over 30,000 color options
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
o Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
o RMS: 20 watts x 4 channels
- CD Text Display
- MP3 ID3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)
Playback and Audio Features:
- Playback of CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, WAV, and WMA
- HS-IVi Tuner with 18FM/6AM presets
- Loudness control in 3 patterns
- 3-Band Parametric iEQ with preset tone curves
- TI/Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC
- 3 Sets of 5V preamp outputs (front, rear and subwoofer)
- SIRIUS or XM Satellite Radio Ready: A subscription is required for service as well as either the JVC SIRIUS Satellite Radio Package or JVC XM Radio Package
- HD Radio Ready: JVC KT-HD300 required and sold separately
- Built-in Bluetooth: Includes microphone and built-in controls for hands free talking when connected to a compatible Bluetooth phone
- iPod/iPhone Ready: USB-to-iPod cable will work with most iPods. The JVC KS-PD100 iPod adapter is required for a limited number of older iPods, please view the JVC compatibility list to see if your iPod will require the KS-PD100.
- Front-panel auxiliary input: 3.5mm (headphone jack) allows connection to portable media devices such as MP3 players, etc.
- Front-panel USB input: USB allows connection to portable media devices such as MP3 players, etc.
- Rear USB input: USB input allows connection to media devices such as MP3 players, iPods, iPhones, etc.
- Steering wheel remote control ready: The PAC SWI-Xv1 is required and sold separately
- CD Changer Controls: JVC CHX-1500 required and sold separately
- Dual USB inputs (front and rear)
MORE WHEN I INSTALL IT!