Closed Thread

Reload Thread: United Radio Service (auth alpine repair) review of service....

cjj2d is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

United Radio Service (auth alpine repair) review of service....

I posted in the HU forum and think it should go here as well.

My Alpine 9855's swingface mechanism went out on it. It would not open to eject the cd when you press the eject button. So I sent it to United Radio Service in Easy Syracuse NY. I am EXTREMELY impressed with the service, customer support, and turn around time from them. Overall they get a huge 10/10!

I sent the unit off on a monday (I did overnight it cause it was through my work DHL account) I received the unit back in my hands the following monday!!! a 1 week turn around! I shipped the unit in the alpine box packed inside another box with some packing material around it. However the package I got back put my pack job to shame. They didn't use the same box I sent they put it in a new box, very sturdy not a cheap *** flimsy box, that was a perfect size. They used alot of styrofoam popcorn packing material etc.
    Upon opening the box on top was a large envelope with an invoice that detailed what was done to the unit and what was the problem. Along with a thank you for chosing us, etc. and a short survey on their service.

Once I opened the Alpine box to take the unit out I noticed they had sealed the box (very nice), and repacked the HU itself better than what comes from Alpine. It was in a new bag, sealed nicely, all the wires off the back were in a bag and folded nicely. The CD that was in the unit was put in a plastic cd sleeve and taped to the outside of the bag. Just by looks you could tell that great care was taken to make sure no accidents happened to the unit or anything at all. I even had my original receipt in the box and had forgotten about it, they folded it up and put it in the bag as well.

Like I said, I can not say enough good about the quality of service from United Radio Service. The unit works perfectly now. It cost $95 tax, shipping and all. That is their "base fee" they said the only time it costs more than that is if the circuit board needs replaced, then they contact you to discuss.

If anyone needs radio repair I highly recommend these people. and on the same note I strongly urge everyone NOT to use KBaudio, I used them for PPI amp repair and am just glad I got my amp back after a fight with them, and it has new scratches on it, etc... but wont go into that here.

United Radio Service services many brands: Aiwa, Alpine, Clarion, Eclipse, Harmon Kardon, Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kenwood, Panasonic, Pioneer, and Sony.

Website is:

Their number is: 1-800-634-8606

06 Acura TL, HU: Factory, Processor: RF 3sixty.2, Tweeters: Seas Neo Aluminum, Mids: Seas W16nx, Amp: JL HD900/5, Subs: Soon to be SI BM MKIVs when available.

WTB: SI BM MKIIIs!!!!

Alpineinstaller is offline <3 teh JnTar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: United Radio Service (auth alpine repair) review of service....

Thanks for that ,My 9855 just crapped out on me.

XM-Alpine Adapter/Receiver For Sale - 750GB Ext. HDD For Sale

Offical Rep for Squeakco Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    There's a new sub out called the Squeakinator. 125mm Xmax. 25" cone. Able to kill small animals and annoying children. Plays flat to 1hz in-car.
    $1,025 shipped to your door
    Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    I think he should also consider the new Squeaksters.
    Nobody's heard them. They aren't in production yet. There is no prototype even available. But he should still consider them. They will rock. I promise.
    PS: The new Squeaksters will be a midwoofer addition to my subwoofer line, the Squeakinators

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They do all Chryslers factory radio/nav unit repair also

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

saj21187 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do they have a website by chance? What type of price did they charge for something like that?

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Werd.

I'll look into them for future repairs.

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

AJČ06 is offline 8====D ---> ( | ) = win

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No website?

http://www.myspace.com/unknownbelow
    Refs: Showrides|IonSQL x2|mattmcss|QtrHorse x2|DaGh0st|bjfish11
    حَتَّى إِذَا اجْتَزْتُ وَادِي ظِلاَلِ الْمَوْتِ، لاَ أَخَافُ سُوءاً لأَنَّكَ تُرَافِقُنِي. عَصَاكَ وَعُكَّازُكَ هُمَا مَعِي يُشَدِّدَانِ عَزِيمَتِي.
    Ebay:aj06silver
    Quote Originally Posted by Reson8 View Post
    Much as I shudder at the thought of potentially seeing your *****, writing caraudio.com on your dick would kick ***. Que the joke about only being able to get up to "CAR" on it....

jdawg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I dont think they do, Ill look at one of their packing slips when I get to work monday

refs
    woc47, nigro013, defconx3, louisiana_crx, bld 25, supa_c, lancer1978, sxkicker89, 310w6, more, i forget

ugs92 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.unitedradio.com/Consumer1/default.htm

I sent out my alpine 9857 cuz the circuit board burnt out and i got it back with in a week..there customer service is great

1998 Acura TL
    H/U: Pioneer 7800mp
    Speakers: Massive Audio c6 comps
    Speaker Amp: Kicker 350/2
    Sub woofer: 2 Sa-10 @32hz
    Sub Amp: cadence 1200 @2ohm
    Electrical: Shuriken bt20, big 3

Closed Thread