Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer DEH-9800BT

Setup:
    • Car: 2001 Saturn L200
    • Amp: Orion 225 HCCA 2nd Gen
    • Sub: Phoenix Gold Octane-ZR Dual 2 Ohm @ 1 Ohm
    • Speakers: Stock (6.5's and Tweeters in every door)
    • Computer: Acer Aspire 5672WLMi
    • Phone: Motorola V635 with Rogers Wireless
    • Additional Power: None

Specs:
    • RMS Power Output -- 22 watts
    • Peak Output -- 50 watts
    • Preamp Voltage -- 5 volts
    • Video Control
    • Preamp Outputs -- 3 pair
    • Sub Preamp Outputs
    • AUX Input -- Rear
    • Display Color -- Organic EL
    • Key Button Color -- Blue
    • EQ Bands -- 16
    • Wireless Remote
    • Changer Control
    • Security -- Detachable face
    • Parts Warranty -- 1 Year
    • Labor Warranty -- 1 Year
    • Tuner Type -- Supertuner IIID
    • FM Sensitivity -- 8 dBf
    • FM Presets -- 18
    • AM Presets -- 6
    • Satellite Radio Ready
    • CD Frequency Response -- 5-20kHz
    • CD Signal-to-Noise -- 94 dB
    • CD-R Playback
    • CD-RW Playback
    • MP3 Playback
    • WMA Playback
    I bought this deck a few days ago, and I am quite happy with it thus far. The screen is bright and vibrant. Read times are fast. The deck is loaded with features, too.

The audio options it has are incredible, and easily accessed and adjusted. Some features include:
    • Rear HPF
    • Front HPF
    • Sub Control (Crossover, Level, Mono/Stereo, Sub Mounting options)
    • Mid/High Range Volume
    • BBE (4 Levels)

The entertainment features are also quite nice, which allow for users to upload their own custom screensavers and slideshows with the use of pioneers OELstudio software. The entertainment options have a number of backgrounds, videos and slideshows, as well as various Voltmeters, Tachometers and Level meters.

Initial setup was not too difficult, but the Pioneer manual kind of *****, unless you read the whole part prior to the one thing you want to do (EG: to calibrate the tach, all it tells you to do under the heading "Calibrating the RPMS" is after a couple steps which were described a couple pages back). But, Once I figured out what had to be done, Calibration was fairly simple.

My Sub is now dramatically louder, since I upgraded from my Alpine CDM-7871, and the sound is crisper.

Onto Bluetooth. The bluetooth features were easy to set up, Before long I had gotten music streaming from my Laptop and it was great. I also got my phone connected fairly easily, and started to transfer my phonebook to the deck (Due to restrictions of my cell phone, I was unable to transfer my entire phonebook all at once). The deck, however, does not connect automatically to my cell phone when it is in range. I'm not sure if this is a limitation of my phone, but it does kind of irk me a bit, though, its not too much trouble to connect it when i get into my car.

The remote is a nice size, and fits into my hand quite well, with all buttons easily accessed. Dialing with the remote is easy, and changing all that needs to be changed with it is fairly easy.

Onto what I think could be improved on this deck:
    Pause. To pause a CD requires several steps. First, you must press Multi-Control (the knob, push it down), then turn the knob to navigate to "Pause" in the menu, then press the multi-control down to enable pause. They could have at least put this onto the remote. But as it stands, this is a pretty crappy way to pause a CD.

Mute. Mute is only located on the remote. I think they could have put it onto the deck somewhere on the face. The remote does work well for this though.

All in all I really like this deck, It's beautiful looking and is loaded with features. The deck was also reasonably priced for everything you get. I would recommend it to anyone who has the $700 CDN to spend.

Pros
    • Tons of features
    • Bluetooth
    • 65,000 Color Screen
    • Good Remote
    • Easy set up
    • Audio Customization
    • Voltmeter

Cons
    • Pausing not done at the touch of a button
    • Mute only possible from remote
    • Manual could be clearer

9/10
    Last edited by taosd; 06-08-2006 at 10:06 AM.

HU: Pioneer Premier F90BT
    AMP: JL 500/1v1
    SUB: JL 12W6V2 D4 @ 2 Ohms
    CAR: 2005 Nissan Maxima SL
    BOUGHT FROM: dropped_mazda, qcsfinest704

taosd is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pioneer DEH-9800BT

Since I could not edit my above post, I am posting a new one:

I just downloaded a video and new background to the deck for the first time, it took an astonishingly long time (15 - 20 minutes), so this would be another cone, but does not effect my rating of 9/10.

HU: Pioneer Premier F90BT
    AMP: JL 500/1v1
    SUB: JL 12W6V2 D4 @ 2 Ohms
    CAR: 2005 Nissan Maxima SL
    BOUGHT FROM: dropped_mazda, qcsfinest704

Closed Thread