Closed Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Reload Thread: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the medium of life
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Item(s) for Sale:
    Blown CZ500. I believe the Pico (?) fuse blew from what a dealer told me. The front outputs dont work/ have a ton of what sounds like insane alternator whine, same with the rears.



    Item(s) Description/Condition:
    Cosmetically it looks great. Probably 8.5-9/10.
    Mechanically it needs the pico fuse replaced (again, based on what a dealer told me)



    Price:

    Whatever you think is fair.


    Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:
    Buyer pays shipping. I ship UPS only.



    Item Pictures:
    (List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).







  2. #2
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is online now I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    The pico fuse can be easily fixed by doing this to ensure all the RCA's have an equal ground:





  3. Likes bumpinexploder liked this post
  4. #3
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    The pico fuse can be easily fixed by doing this to ensure all the RCA's have an equal ground:

    Wrong. Pico fuses have to be soldered. The rca ground trick is for altinator whine. Not pico fuses. Easy fix none the less tho




  5. Likes RangerDangerV2, Devil Tiger liked this post
  6. #4
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is online now I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT MAN View Post
    Wrong. Pico fuses have to be soldered. The rca ground trick is for altinator whine. Not pico fuses. Easy fix none the less tho
    Quoted from the OP: "The front outputs dont work/ have a ton of what sounds like insane alternator whine". As for the front outputs not working that can be caused by the front rca's not having a good ground




  7. #5
    marleyskater420's Avatar
    marleyskater420 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the medium of life
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    Quoted from the OP: "The front outputs dont work/ have a ton of what sounds like insane alternator whine". As for the front outputs not working that can be caused by the front rca's not having a good ground
    Yeah, the fronts dont work and have this weird insane alt whine. The rears have insane alt whine but work.

    So basically wrap some speaker wire around each rca and secure it to the HU?

    What about the pico fuse?

    btw thanks for the help!




  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    garland, tx
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    the pic you see is what i have done on 4 pioneer radios. work perfect if you do that. ppl always whine about pioneer being crappy, well if you do this little trick you wont have the problem. just a small time problem for a killer brand of radios. never had any problems with pioneer other then this easy fix so i say copy that pic and call it good




  9. #7
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is online now I put on



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Quote Originally Posted by marleyskater420 View Post
    Yeah, the fronts dont work and have this weird insane alt whine. The rears have insane alt whine but work.

    So basically wrap some speaker wire around each rca and secure it to the HU?

    What about the pico fuse?

    btw thanks for the help!
    From what I've seen this seems to fix everything. I don't even think the pico fuse is actually a fuse, I think it's just a diode




  10. Likes Julian liked this post
  11. #8
    marleyskater420's Avatar
    marleyskater420 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the medium of life
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Quote Originally Posted by bumpinexploder View Post
    the pic you see is what i have done on 4 pioneer radios. work perfect if you do that. ppl always whine about pioneer being crappy, well if you do this little trick you wont have the problem. just a small time problem for a killer brand of radios. never had any problems with pioneer other then this easy fix so i say copy that pic and call it good

    So just pull out the connector on the back of the HU that has the RCAs coming out, and wind an exposed wire around each one, and secure it to the HU on both ends?




  12. #9
    rebelfromva's Avatar
    rebelfromva is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    16 (94%)
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Op your in va right? How much picked up



    09 Cobalt LT
    Headunit -Alpine CDA-9887
    Front Stage - PHD FB 6.1 PRO SIX M/B, FB 5.1 m/b, FB 1.1b tweets
    Highs amp -Pheonix Gold Xenon 100.4 & 200.4
    Sub stage - 2 DC M2 LVL 5 12s
    Sub amp - 2 DC 5.0Ks
    Electrical - Singer 270 alt, big 3 0/1 & 12g ofc audio technix, 2 XS d3400s
    Deadener - 80 mill Audiotechnix deadener
    "Trunk hit hard like Kimbo Slice"
    TEAM DC AUDIO

  13. #10
    marleyskater420's Avatar
    marleyskater420 is offline Banned

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the medium of life
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfromva View Post
    Op your in va right? How much picked up
    I'm in california




  14. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    garland, tx
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Broken CZ500 (pico fuse blew)

    Quote Originally Posted by marleyskater420 View Post
    So just pull out the connector on the back of the HU that has the RCAs coming out, and wind an exposed wire around each one, and secure it to the HU on both ends?
    wrap a bare piece of 14-16 gauge wire in a V8 type way around all the rca shieldings. pull them tight and then secure the other end to a screw in the case of the head unit. this grounds out the rcas so they dont catch interferance or noise and stuff. hope this helps




Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. fuses blew
    By mtlhead in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:11 PM
  2. Fuse blew in my viper 1200.1 help !
    By duckfart in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 07:15 PM
  3. HELP! broken amp? or fuse problems? HELP!
    By lesesneje in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 06:47 AM
  4. If one of my amps fuse blew...
    By Slaugh in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 09:50 PM
  5. fuse blew, why?
    By M@nJo in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum