Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jimmy's Car Audio, Columbus

Dissapointment. Back in 2006 after returning from Iraq I took my Corvette to Jimmys for a radio, amp, custom sub box installation, and I was pretty happy with it specially the custom box, something I could have done but didn't want to mess with my new car. Later on took it back to have door speakers replaced with Alpines components, they didn't sound great but I figured since they were only power by the radio that was probably the best sound I would get from them. Well I was wrong, 2 years later I had to take the door panel off to fix a loose window and OMG finally found out why my $250 Alpine speakers sound it like crap, it was the installation. The factory Bose system have a 6" sub w/ 3.5" tweeter in the doors, they remove that of course but instead of making some kind of bracket for the new 6.5" speakers they just attached them with one screw to hold the speaker and a bracket for the tweeter and left an empty space around them, the wires were just twisted around the speakers connectors, not even a 5 cent connector or tape on the wires. Now that I made my own brackets with MDF and put spade connectors the speakers sound twice as strong and clear. Lesson learned, that is why I don't like to let nobody do the maintenance in my car because of sorry people that don't take pride in their work and don't care about customers. So be carefull with this place and you might want to check your installation if you had anything done there.

adrian1185 is offline More Cowbell!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Jimmy's Car Audio, Columbus

Quote Originally Posted by c56spd99 View Post
    Dissapointment. Back in 2006 after returning from Iraq I took my Corvette to Jimmys for a radio, amp, custom sub box installation, and I was pretty happy with it specially the custom box, something I could have done but didn't want to mess with my new car. Later on took it back to have door speakers replaced with Alpines components, they didn't sound great but I figured since they were only power by the radio that was probably the best sound I would get from them. Well I was wrong, 2 years later I had to take the door panel off to fix a loose window and OMG finally found out why my $250 Alpine speakers sound it like crap, it was the installation. The factory Bose system have a 6" sub w/ 3.5" tweeter in the doors, they remove that of course but instead of making some kind of bracket for the new 6.5" speakers they just attached them with one screw to hold the speaker and a bracket for the tweeter and left an empty space around them, the wires were just twisted around the speakers connectors, not even a 5 cent connector or tape on the wires. Now that I made my own brackets with MDF and put spade connectors the speakers sound twice as strong and clear. Lesson learned, that is why I don't like to let nobody do the maintenance in my car because of sorry people that don't take pride in their work and don't care about customers. So be carefull with this place and you might want to check your installation if you had anything done there.

lmao. wow. i thought i was the only one that has experienced that. there is a Jimmy's down here in Montgomery, AL and they did the exact same thing to one of my cars last year.

2010 Ford Mustang GT HEADUNIT: Need a custom ipod mini mount

Bought From: fasfocus00, NSTALN, steveBeatz, mihklo, hiloracerboy84, el_chupo_, audio_phill, Silvercoupex, waccord99, profoundwill, x1le, blue200sx, theMessenjah44, Gville, kroid777, 18inchjeepin
    Sold To: gangstajpimpin, rain27, vitveet, hockey512546, GavinVoy, dsgb610, kodak314, 86vette07, profoundwill, twistedchild240, slim2fattycake, 30hrtz, rsfaze, aanyy, martiandancer31, TheKidd2008, DVSTWO, xanderin, byrdman75
    Traded With: shellfish, mihklo, k_schutte, Vitveet, 2loud4youmorris

c56spd99 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you do anything about it? Also I forgot to mention that the passive crossover were not even mounted, they wrapped them in a piece of carpet with a ziptie and threw them inside the door, I guess so they don't rattle ( that was very custom)

adrian1185 is offline More Cowbell!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by c56spd99 View Post
    Did you do anything about it? Also I forgot to mention that the passive crossover were not even mounted, they wrapped them in a piece of carpet with a ziptie and threw them inside the door, I guess so they don't rattle ( that was very custom)
    like a dummy i didnt do anything. i mainly just go there if i wanna buy something but no more installs from those ****ers

2010 Ford Mustang GT HEADUNIT: Need a custom ipod mini mount

Bought From: fasfocus00, NSTALN, steveBeatz, mihklo, hiloracerboy84, el_chupo_, audio_phill, Silvercoupex, waccord99, profoundwill, x1le, blue200sx, theMessenjah44, Gville, kroid777, 18inchjeepin
    Sold To: gangstajpimpin, rain27, vitveet, hockey512546, GavinVoy, dsgb610, kodak314, 86vette07, profoundwill, twistedchild240, slim2fattycake, 30hrtz, rsfaze, aanyy, martiandancer31, TheKidd2008, DVSTWO, xanderin, byrdman75
    Traded With: shellfish, mihklo, k_schutte, Vitveet, 2loud4youmorris

MutantDreams is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

They work right down the street from where i do, and I've seen quite a few installs they've done, trust me you are not the first person this kind of stuff has happened too.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List