+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Audio Designs of Atlanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Audio Designs of Atlanta

I went by there the other day around 10am and they seemed like they're closed. About a month and a half ago I heard they were broken into and alot of their stuff was stolen. Does anyone on the forum know if they just moved to another location or they're closed permanently?

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Re: Audio Designs of Atlanta

being a major hit...I think they may be down for the count....

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They will be down for a while. Don't know how long. They had 90 % of there stuff taken. They where 1 of the reputable shops in the Atlanta area.

SRim23 is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why would they be down? wouldnt insurance cover it?

sold to : vitveet, ZeroAccess, Regalboi97 bought from: pboulos, mikescanlon, pickup1, konechiwa, CaliforniabOY5, desertheat
    Quote Originally Posted by DDeitz View Post
    blacks buy cars owned by white men who were designed by asians and made by mexicans ...see everyone contributes to the cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Willkas View Post
    today I was messin with my newly installed subs, i really have no clue what they are but they're definatly old school. Out of nowhere, it burts into awesome mode and starts shaking the garage doors of the entire lot ( work in a auto shop).
    I just want to here some theories how this happened.
    In case you were wondering I drive a tahoe and when I say loud I mean loud to the point that your ears will pop and it starts hurting.

ctt0002 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe it takes a while to restock everything. Where are they located in Ga? I see that op is located in stone mountain, is that where it is?

2004 Lexus GX470
    21% tint on front windows
    2 12" JBL in a sealed box
    PA3000ab amp
    ML system
    Factory Nav and RSE

Quote Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
    scooters are like fat chicks. Fun to ride until your friends catch you on one

distantbliss is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctt0002 View Post
    maybe it takes a while to restock everything. Where are they located in Ga? I see that op is located in stone mountain, is that where it is?
    Audio Designs is located in Stockbridge, GA

Here-I-Come is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya Jeff Smith close his shop after the broken in. But he is not down for the count. I has another venture in the works, so he will be around. Here is a post with some info.

Hello all,

I am writing you all this with a very heavy heart. I am sharing this with you because all of you are more than just clients. You have all become family to James, David, Whitney and myself. This is probably the hardest thing I have done since that weekend in Mexico when I got arrested and was forced to be a part of a carnival show with “Juanita the Wonder Donkey” in order to get out of jail (joke).

On a more serious note, most of you know about the break-in at the shop on April 23 of this year. For those that do not know, the shop was broken into, and we lost 93% ($35K) of our inventory and more than ($15K) in tools, shop equipment, in addition to a client’s brand new van ($65K). Since then, we have been constantly fighting with the insurance company, land lord, and dealing with a local police force that really could care less about my situation. My family and I have come to the sad decision to close the store. The amount of time and money that it would take to rebuild until the insurance company gets off their butts to settle this matter is not feasible at this time. I have looked into a lot of possibilities and discussed them all with my family, CPA, and lawyer… but closing the shop was the only clear choice.

Where do we all go from here? I took a long time to really ask myself what would be best for all of us. One of my good friends in the industry and I have joked for quite sometime about the possibility of me working with him. After my lost, he came to me with the idea of building a new powerhouse in the 12 volt industry for metro Atlanta. We have sat down and come up with what I hope you all will embrace as the start of a new chapter for the future of High End Car Audio in the Southeast. As of June 2, 2008 David, James and myself will begin building our new home at Sound Sensations in Marietta, GA (www.sound-sensations.com). Mark Vickers and the crew at Sound Sensations have rolled out the red carpet to embrace us and all of you as well. Some of you may know of them from their recent 1st place win at the 2008 PIONEER build off they we assisted with. But if not, you will get to meet them as we have plans to have a few IASCA/MECA events in the very near future to introduce the new custom division at Sound Sensations. We will still take care of all of your needs and service you with the same passion that we had at Audio Designs. This venture will soon prove itself as the best of both worlds. We will have a larger work area to service the South and also the unlimited resources that we have needed to help rekindle the Car Audio market in the Southeast.

I want to thank each of you personally for your support, belief, and patronage over the past 3 years that Audio Designs was built with all of our blood, sweat, and tears. I sincerely hope you all will look at this opportunity in a positive light, and are prepared to support the start of this new chapter in all of our lives.

Sincerely,

Jeffery Smith
    Owner/Installer
    Audio Designs of Atlanta

Wow! I was wondering why my phone started blowing up today. This email was meant for my clients not the public. I was preparing a thread for this but i'll leave it at this. This entire situation has been spinning out of my control. But I was backed into a corner and had to make a executive decision and do what was best for my employees, my family, my clients and myself. I hope that everyone in the Southeast is ready for the mobile electronics monster that we are about to create in Marietta.

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.

"Its All About What Sounds Right"

Mark A. Brooks
    H-Audio Inc. USA
    National Product Director: North/South America and Europe

Sold to References: warrior420--Armed--Blinkdogo2--Cdieselfan--DD Dave--Infinitymobile--Hemi=22s--Lousisana CRX--310w6

Link to more References:
    http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/itrader.php?u=461

+ Reply to Thread