+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Reload Thread: Area-41

  1. #1
    calehall08's Avatar
    calehall08 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Area-41

    Has anyone had anything installed at Area-41 in Kennesaw?? If so, was it quality work?







  2. #2
    SQL4Life's Avatar
    SQL4Life is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    same here anyone know if these guys are any good?




  3. #3
    mazzasec's Avatar
    mazzasec is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    6,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    I had my tail lights smoked by them and my windows tinted. I do NOT like there tint job. It seems real blurry when looking out the window and the tint is chipping. They claim it was from my seatbelt "flying" up and hitting the window. They want me to pay to replace it but i am just going somewhere else. As for car audio installs i dunno. But if you go inside there is a pretty bad *** acura integra that they said they customized




  4. #4
    donit18's Avatar
    donit18 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    smyrna, ga
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    that place is awful. i sent a range rover over there to have a dvd/navigation/camera installed, that they do all over the country, and they f-d it all up when it is supposed to be a plug in thing. So they didn't do anything at all and they are still charging $500. DO NOT GO THERE EVER!!!




  5. #5
    mazzasec's Avatar
    mazzasec is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    6,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    yes they do have outragous prices, they wanted to charge me 250 for an HID install i said screw that man'd up and did it at home in 20 min




  6. #6
    ShadyStyle's Avatar
    ShadyStyle is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Wow, its amazing how people can say things and hide behind avatars. If you have such a problem with the shop maybe you should take it up with them. From what I hear their reputation is top notch. For those of you asking about how the shop is, why not stop by and talk to them yourself? See some of the shops work. Why are you going to trust someone on a website that you have never met? You don't have to trust me either, but visiting the shop seems like the most logical answer when it comes to finding out about the place. But if you do feel like trusting a forum, I say go to these guys. I think they do incredible work. Why else would JL Audio have asked them to build a car for them at last years NOPI show.

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzasec View Post
    yes they do have outragous prices, they wanted to charge me 250 for an HID install i said screw that man'd up and did it at home in 20 min
    $250 for H.I.D.s installed? I'm guessing that you were providing the lights? Most of the times I see H.I.D.s installed for about $650 and up (thats cost of H.I.D.s, materials and installation.) All I have to say is that cheap work isn't good, and good work isn't cheap.

    Quote Originally Posted by donit18 View Post
    that place is awful. i sent a range rover over there to have a dvd/navigation/camera installed, that they do all over the country, and they f-d it all up when it is supposed to be a plug in thing. So they didn't do anything at all and they are still charging $500. DO NOT GO THERE EVER!!!
    Did you get the piece installed and working anywhere else? What brand was it? If you have a rear seat entertainment package it probably won't work anyway. Very common on that car.




  7. #7
    Supergumby5000's Avatar
    Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    8,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyStyle View Post
    Wow, its amazing how people can say things and hide behind avatars. If you have such a problem with the shop maybe you should take it up with them. From what I hear their reputation is top notch. For those of you asking about how the shop is, why not stop by and talk to them yourself? See some of the shops work. Why are you going to trust someone on a website that you have never met? You don't have to trust me either, but visiting the shop seems like the most logical answer when it comes to finding out about the place. But if you do feel like trusting a forum, I say go to these guys. I think they do incredible work. Why else would JL Audio have asked them to build a car for them at last years NOPI show.



    $250 for H.I.D.s installed? I'm guessing that you were providing the lights? Most of the times I see H.I.D.s installed for about $650 and up (thats cost of H.I.D.s, materials and installation.) All I have to say is that cheap work isn't good, and good work isn't cheap.



    Did you get the piece installed and working anywhere else? What brand was it? If you have a rear seat entertainment package it probably won't work anyway. Very common on that car.
    did you join just to post in this thread?



    .
    Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    .
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

  8. #8
    ShadyStyle's Avatar
    ShadyStyle is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    No, but the first search I did was for Area-41 and this thread came up leading me to post in this one first.




  9. #9
    Supergumby5000's Avatar
    Supergumby5000 is offline Project: F350 begins...



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    8,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyStyle View Post
    No, but the first search I did was for Area-41 and this thread came up leading me to post in this one first.
    well, you obviously know the shop then. so, instead of flaming on everyone else, why not just post your opinion? they had bad experiences with them, big whoop. if you have had good experiences with them, then say so. but from the sounds of it, you just know the shop and want to assume they are good.



    .
    Project: Avalanche V1... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345189
    Project: Avalanche V2... http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432321
    Project: F350... Coming Soon!
    .
    Need a box or box design? -EMAIL- me for info/quotes, do NOT send a PM
    my username @ hotmail.com

  10. #10
    Worlddre's Avatar
    Worlddre is offline Big Darkie



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzasec View Post
    I had my tail lights smoked by them and my windows tinted. I do NOT like there tint job. It seems real blurry when looking out the window and the tint is chipping. They claim it was from my seatbelt "flying" up and hitting the window. They want me to pay to replace it but i am just going somewhere else. As for car audio installs i dunno. But if you go inside there is a pretty bad *** acura integra that they said they customized
    very common. you should pay its not their fault you cannot control your seatbelt






    "humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

  11. #11
    mazzasec's Avatar
    mazzasec is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    6,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Quote Originally Posted by Worlddre View Post
    very common. you should pay its not their fault you cannot control your seatbelt

    Well you never know what it could have been. But I guess they blame it was all me, but whatever it was enough to not make me go back again. I am not hating on there installs I know that they are GOOD but IMO way overpriced 250 for an HID installed is ridiculous. HID are what like connecting 3 wires together? I had all my equipment. Also they wanted 550 for a system install. Once again had ALL my stuff just wanted an install. No custom just a basic 4 channel amp install. So that would have been 800 for all. I just went for it myself. It may not be no pro install, but it saved me 800 bucks which is alot




  12. #12
    ShadyStyle's Avatar
    ShadyStyle is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby5000 View Post
    well, you obviously know the shop then. so, instead of flaming on everyone else, why not just post your opinion? they had bad experiences with them, big whoop. if you have had good experiences with them, then say so. but from the sounds of it, you just know the shop and want to assume they are good.
    I was stating my opinion. And don't assume that I "know the shop" and I am assuming they are good. I know the work they do is incredible. The 2 10" Memphis M3s, Memphis MCD1000 amp, Kenwood in dash double DIN, H.I.D.s, Underbody/Interior Lighting and custom interior were all done and installed at that shop. The owners, installers and salesmen are some of the best guys I have ever met. Don't let the tattoos and gauged ears of these guys fool you, they know what they are doing, better than most shops I have ever been in.




  13. #13
    crunktimes.com's Avatar
    crunktimes.com is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New England
    Age
    41
    Posts
    9,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyStyle View Post
    I was stating my opinion. And don't assume that I "know the shop" and I am assuming they are good. I know the work they do is incredible. The 2 10" Memphis M3s, Memphis MCD1000 amp, Kenwood in dash double DIN, H.I.D.s, Underbody/Interior Lighting and custom interior were all done and installed at that shop. The owners, installers and salesmen are some of the best guys I have ever met. Don't let the tattoos and gauged ears of these guys fool you, they know what they are doing, better than most shops I have ever been in.



    Come get your crunk on! www.crunktimes.com/ct

  14. #14
    mazzasec's Avatar
    mazzasec is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    6,875
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyStyle View Post
    I was stating my opinion. And don't assume that I "know the shop" and I am assuming they are good. I know the work they do is incredible. The 2 10" Memphis M3s, Memphis MCD1000 amp, Kenwood in dash double DIN, H.I.D.s, Underbody/Interior Lighting and custom interior were all done and installed at that shop. The owners, installers and salesmen are some of the best guys I have ever met. Don't let the tattoos and gauged ears of these guys fool you, they know what they are doing, better than most shops I have ever been in.
    I do like seth though hes SUPER cool and nelson is cool to dont know the other guys to well

    I agree they are a good shop and I know they will do installs well. I mean they are overpriced but I am not just singling them out. ALL shops overprice Soundsensations, megamaxx, they all do in my opinion, but hey thats there way of making money and some people are willing to pay that. I just could never do it. But seriously HID's i had EVERYTHING. So basically it was gonna be 250 bucks for about 25-30 min of labor? hell no


    I do like seth though hes SUPER cool and nice also nelson is cool to dont know the other guys to well though




  15. #15
    ShadyStyle's Avatar
    ShadyStyle is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Area-41

    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted1 View Post
    Wow, and you jumped in this conversation from no where. Maybe you don't care, but the other guy requested an experience so that I could prove I wasn't just assuming. There you go.




+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
1e2 Forum