Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

rlcowboy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon13 Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Beware of this guy!! First of all he is very expensive, u will find his prices higher than others! I bought a JL Audio 12W6, a JL 500/1, 300/4, and an enclosure and amp wiring kit. Right around $2000. The next week I bought a Eclipse 4000 Head Unit but when I got home I had already been given one as a gift from my Dad, so I took the HU back the very next morning, still sealed in the box with reciept and he would not give me my money back. He said he wasnt in the return buisiness. Hows that for taking care of your big spending customers! Oh, and he will talk to you like your an idiot and is very short with people. Now I understand why his shop is always empty! You can also find plenty of other folks in Augusta with horror storys from there too, I can name three dif. people right now. He runs the shop with his wife and his name is Richard. He will cheat you and think NOTHING of it. I just hope others can benefit from my mistake in dealing with this goof ball!!

03 EXPLORER SPORT
    HEAD UNIT..........ALPINE CDA-9855
    FRONT STAGE......JL XR570 Csi COMPONENTS
    REAR STAGE........JL XR570 Cxi COAXILS
    SUBWOOFERS......JL 12W6V2 X2
    4 CH. AMP...........JL 300/4
    SUB AMPS...........JL 500/1 x2
    ENCLOSURE..........2.5 SEALED
    BATTERY.............YELLOW TOP D34/78
    WIRE..................JL AUDIO & STINGER

audiobahnuser18 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Good tip for people for people in that state man , good looking out for other car audio ethusist's (sry if that's spelt wrong wasn't sure). Sorry to say he screwed you over though man.

Refs
    Bigjon47 , JohnnyBussa , Mike Dressure , BTLking , Myjaja , Tapout , prowler573 , mommyvan , R-sosa , Audio Master , 95BlackGA , wu501 , Nismos14 , HawaiianBassHed , ECS23 , Bagged96Chevy, Donpisto , the other mike kmanian bumpin buick dumple wrench , guy , blazinb2000 , teen , phl1ser , Loud3 , Plyer3 , LazyRider , Jk32sho , MacQ32
    TreZ0r Is a lieing piece of sh*t scum bag SCAMMER!!!!

REBUILDING IT ALL
    REFS:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353034

DaveDSMer is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will back the fact that Anything Audio *****. I have been there a few times since I live right down the street from them and they were terrible. Hard to get any good info from specific questions I was asking.. prolly cause they didn't know and the prices were.. ouch. The only thing they have going for them is being the only JL dealer in the area other than that.. don't even try there. The place I go to now is called Standard Electronics and they have been the best to me out of the 7 or so shops ive checked in the Augusta area. It is off gordon highway .. easy to find. They are the best in the area ive seen so far after going to about 7 or 8 local shops. They deal Memphis, Kicker, Eclipse, Alpine, MTX, Kenwood, JVC, and a few others im prolly forgetting but real good people to deal with. Talked with the owner a while about my system and was a good honost guy about everything. Stopped me from buying my headunit when i first went in there because he knew it wouldnt just hook up like most cars due to my stock audio system insted of just letting me waste my money. They also do free installation from any store bought headunit there.. which is nice.

audiodawg is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm into car audio in the Augusta area and would like to comment on some of the things being said about the local shops. Some of the shops around town have been here for several years and others come and go. I recently found a shop on Washington Road called Mobile Audio Concepts. Their knowledge and equipment is much superior than other shops I've visited in town. They are carrying RE, which is one of the better known subs when it comes to competing. You can't find these in any other shop in Augusta. They carry Panasonic, Jensen and Kenwood head units. They also have all kinds of car alarms and remote starters. Their sales folks are also very knowledgable and more important they were very patient and not rude to me. Any one serious in car audio and within driving range of this shop needs to check them out. Finally a car audio shop in Augusta that is the real deal.

thunder9500 is offline Team Kicker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiodawg View Post
    I'm into car audio in the Augusta area and would like to comment on some of the things being said about the local shops. Some of the shops around town have been here for several years and others come and go. I recently found a shop on Washington Road called Mobile Audio Concepts. Their knowledge and equipment is much superior than other shops I've visited in town. They are carrying RE, which is one of the better known subs when it comes to competing. You can't find these in any other shop in Augusta. They carry Panasonic, Jensen and Kenwood head units. They also have all kinds of car alarms and remote starters. Their sales folks are also very knowledgable and more important they were very patient and not rude to me. Any one serious in car audio and within driving range of this shop needs to check them out. Finally a car audio shop in Augusta that is the real deal.

HAHA, tell Nick and Jason over at Mobile Audio Concepts that Carlton said hello!

i3abyjay25 is offline Get F'n Loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Augusta has a lot of local shops. I visited a few while i was down their for some of the 3 day shows ya have their. Some of my friends runs a shop down their i think its called Audio Asylum or something like that....

Fs/t

Orion 2500d
    Orion 4004
    250 amp alt w. external voltage reg. for a ford explorer

Refs: Electrodynsmic, Millerboy, Ugaboiii, Ezekiel81923, Toaster, Team Psi, KickerCivic1, MatrxxDude, TommyK90, Xterra02_Pat

thunder9500 is offline Team Kicker

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of Augusta folks don't know it....but the local Circuit City (the shop I work at) does custom boxes, custom fabrication, fiberglass, etc.

Anyone looking, come on down.

Villeza1 is offline Night Ryder

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lol, yea that guy is a D!ck!

2 AB 1100.1's
    4 Tantric Sounds SHD 18's
    Team Tantric Sounds

Villeza1 is offline Night Ryder

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiodawg View Post
    Those guys dont know as much as you think they do...

2 AB 1100.1's
    4 Tantric Sounds SHD 18's
    Team Tantric Sounds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to hear, I am getting my mounty this weekend to drive while I am here on base and wanting to get something cheap.. Buying a truck when I leave here so Im not wanting to spend much. Ill stay away from the shops mentioned in case I need anything.

2- 3515's
    2- RD 1750v2's
    Critical Mass 5x7's
    2- C&D batts
    Box

Check thread for pricing

dennit469 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the guys over here at xtreme audio in aiken arent the friendliest either. they talk like there know it alls and dont want to work with what you want but what they think is the best, theres some new guy workin there now thats just a complete jackass, i think the only reason they act the way they do is because they know they will keep the business cause there the only shop in this area besides driving 45 mins top augusta or 1 hour to columbia Augusta.

Lexus IS300- Bumpin stock untill its not so hot outside.
    Damp Pro (not installed)
    Head: Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 (not installed)
    Current about to be front stage: PPI A1200 Powering a set of Image Dynamics XS-65's.
    sold to: bluevu77, nick06tc, massivespl, skylineTT, farmereshan, RidinHi, revrider1, Therum, budahbuddy803, blinkdogo2
    bought from: blinkdogo2, fasfocus00, budahbuddy803, (others i dont remember...)
    SCAMMED BY 1indatrunk

Annnarbor84 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rlcowboy View Post
    Beware of this guy!! First of all he is very expensive, u will find his prices higher than others! I bought a JL Audio 12W6, a JL 500/1, 300/4, and an enclosure and amp wiring kit. Right around $2000. The next week I bought a Eclipse 4000 Head Unit but when I got home I had already been given one as a gift from my Dad, so I took the HU back the very next morning, still sealed in the box with reciept and he would not give me my money back. He said he wasnt in the return buisiness. Hows that for taking care of your big spending customers! Oh, and he will talk to you like your an idiot and is very short with people. Now I understand why his shop is always empty! You can also find plenty of other folks in Augusta with horror storys from there too, I can name three dif. people right now. He runs the shop with his wife and his name is Richard. He will cheat you and think NOTHING of it. I just hope others can benefit from my mistake in dealing with this goof ball!!

He seen a sucker coming, in the future do not be a sucker

THAT AUDIO GUY is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

here is a little info about one of the local shops mentioned in this thread....

Mobile Audio Concepts

1. The only shop in this area to build a system that appeared on the cover of the largest truck magazine in the world. February/March 2009

2. They have a standing 10-20% military discount

3. They are very knowledgable....box builds and custom work....alarms...
    Any shop that carries brands like FOCAL have an idea about sound quality...

4. The 3 guys that work there LOVE CAR AUDIO....it is a passion for them not a job..

5. They also give car club discounts if you talk to Lyn...

6. THE ONLY PLACE FOR STEREO IN THIS AREA....PERIOD...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga-0904tr_09_z-ford_f250_super_duty-interior.jpg  

Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon10 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Quote Originally Posted by rlcowboy View Post
    Beware of this guy!! First of all he is very expensive, u will find his prices higher than others! I bought a JL Audio 12W6, a JL 500/1, 300/4, and an enclosure and amp wiring kit. Right around $2000. The next week I bought a Eclipse 4000 Head Unit but when I got home I had already been given one as a gift from my Dad, so I took the HU back the very next morning, still sealed in the box with receipt and he would not give me my money back. He said he wasn't in the return business. Hows that for taking care of your big spending customers! Oh, and he will talk to you like your an idiot and is very short with people. Now I understand why his shop is always empty! You can also find plenty of other folks in Augusta with horror story's from there too, I can name three dif. people right now. He runs the shop with his wife and his name is Richard. He will cheat you and think NOTHING of it. I just hope others can benefit from my mistake in dealing with this goof ball!!
    First Off JL Audio equipment isn't cheap by far. Second off I think you just don't know anything in depth about car audio and don't want to hear what it is about so that is why you claim that Richard was talking down to you etc. Richard cares about audio and his customers. He may sound like he is talking down to you at times but it is just him delving into his extensive knowledge and love of the complexity that is audio Anything audio doesn't really carry anything to be considered low end (aka most Bestbuy, Walmart equipment).

I would like to set you straight by making this point to you. A $2,000-$2,500 dollar stereo is an average amount for someone to drop into a system with a head unit (Eclipse single din = $300-$400 est.) 2 amps (500/1 & 300/4 = $1150-$1400 for both est.) a sub (12W6 = $400-$500 each est.) a box for a pretty big sub-woofer (12" = $70-$120) and the wiring kit ($120-$200 est.). Also you have to account for taxes (7%). As well as Richard covers equipment you buy from him when a few others don't no matter what they say. He is a authorized dealer. Lawson's isn't and I am sure a few others are not as well. You probably could have saved $500+ by getting the items on ebay but you would have to wait for shipping, hope it wasn't someone that would screw you over, and have no warranty on the equipment. I'm sure you could have talked him into a better deal if you even researched the products before you purchased them. He has prices on the wall. You could have walked away after seeing them or being told them so that is what you felt you could live with paying for them. I have seen Richard take back items before even opened (Circumstantial) so you must be lying or you didn't have your receipt anymore or waited too long to return it.

I know car audio/video and I know home audio/video and I repaired down to component level electronics while in the Army for nearly 8 years.

I have known Richard as a friend for a good year now but had been in his store browsing here and there 2 years prior to that. I have been into car and home A/V since I was 14 and I am now 28. I know what I want to buy and I know the costs before I do so. I research things until I decide what i want and then I buy them when I can afford them. I have around $10,000 in A/V in my car. Costing me almost $1,000 more for install on it but install also included the K40 undetectable radar ($800), K40 Laser Defuser EX2 ($1,200 might have been more), and a 2300 Watt inverter that was custom wired and was mounted with a flip plate covered outlet. I have done over 5 car audio builds for my previous cars in the past and I knew prices and I got them for what I expected and he did a great job on the install etc.

Look at my 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT and all the parts listed for it with some pictures here (All A/V and electronics done at Anything Audio most all other additions done at Trucks & Moore) :

Click Me

Richard can do big projects (Magazine Level) and has done them for himself and won many car audio shows in the past. Just that other place got that sale listed further in this blog so lucky them. Bet you my truck sounds better than that beat box does. But I care about sound quality so I guess I wasted my money because my windshield isn't cracking etc. So if you have the bucks and want them to make your ride bang or just sound great then give Anything Audio a go. Remember you get what you pay for so save if you want the best.

Any other questions or debate please leave me some quote feedback and I will gladly fill you or anyone else in.

Joe Tewksbury

SlipAngle is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I bought a JL Audio 12W6, a JL 500/1, 300/4, and an enclosure and amp wiring kit. Right around $2000. The next week I bought a Eclipse 4000 Head Unit"

"A $2,000-$2,500 dollar stereo is an average amount for someone to drop into a system with a head unit (Eclipse single din = $300-$400 est.) 2 amps (500/1 & 300/4 = $1150-$1400 for both est.) a sub (12W6 = $400-$500 each est.) a box for a pretty big sub-woofer (12" = $70-$120) and the wiring kit ($120-$200 est.). Also you have to account for taxes (7%)."

??

I do not know any party involved, but apples should be compared to apples. I would be willing to go out on a limb and guess that the 'average' system purchase is a WHOLE lot less than 2k.

I find it amazing that the owner of this shop did not come onto this forum himself and personally explain his side of the story. I can't imagine a small business owner blowing off anyone who just spent that much cash, I doubt he would still be in business if that is how he truly operates.

16. Likes Gabasshead liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast