Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

RKPsk8er is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

I was the guy that originally added the caption to this pic

Refs: damonhargroves, mazzasec, na rsx, mistergrubbs, mike465, astrolade, rival904

anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RKPsk8er View Post

I was the guy that originally added the caption to this pic

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhhhhhhh thread saver!!!

Farmacist is offline Soundstream Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

god that picture is so perfect!! and it does look to be like the same guy almost

Team Soundstream

SlipAngle is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spending money does not make you cooler, or more knowledgeable. I'm still in awe at the lameness of your 'quizzes' (Blue Thunder? really...) I'm far more impressed by the DIYer who assembles a great sounding system for $600 dollars in their $1500 dollar car than your truck. I bet the owner of Anything Audio will be severely disappointed when he finds out about your online 'defense' of his reputation. Posting your real name all over internet forums where you are (apparently) despised is more of an ignorant pride thing, not a 'manly' thing.

Stating you wished people had died in a terrorist attack because they do not respect or tolerate your (misguided) elitist attitude is despicable.

Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon7 It's not about money just quality. So beat your face.

Quote Originally Posted by SlipAngle View Post
    Spending money does not make you cooler, or more knowledgeable. I'm still in awe at the lameness of your 'quizzes' (Blue Thunder? really...) I'm far more impressed by the DIYer who assembles a great sounding system for $600 dollars in their $1500 dollar car than your truck. I bet the owner of Anything Audio will be severely disappointed when he finds out about your online 'defense' of his reputation. Posting your real name all over internet forums where you are (apparently) despised is more of an ignorant pride thing, not a 'manly' thing.

Stating you wished people had died in a terrorist attack because they do not respect or tolerate your (misguided) elitist attitude is despicable.
    You know whats cool. I don't need your opinion to know that I think. Also I am not worried that any of you know my name. Or even have seen my picture. I am not the least bit scared or worried about you pathetic spammers coming after me or even doing anything remotely more than spamming more nonsense. So basically enjoy your petty life.

I told Richard I posted here and I am sure he will figure that most of the BS that was posted here was by sad people that stalk these forums to do just that.

I know Audio and you can't even try to say that a $500 stereo could sound better then mine unless it was stolen and sold dirt cheap. So get over your lack of knowledge self. Thank You
    Last edited by Joe Tewksbury; 10-12-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: typographical error

jon_k is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder9500
    A lot of Augusta folks don't know it....but the local Circuit City (the shop I work at) does custom boxes, custom fabrication, fiberglass, etc.

Anyone looking, come on down.
    Circuit City went out of business; doubtful you work there; unless it's a new shop following the same name.

gshep is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: It's not about money just quality. So beat your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tewksbury View Post
    You know whats cool. I don't need your opinion to know that I think. Also I am not worried that any of you know my name. Or even have seen my picture. I am not the least bit scared or worried about you pathetic spammers coming after me or even doing anything remotely more than spamming more nonsense. So basically enjoy your petty life.

I told Richard I posted here and I am sure he will figure that most of the BS that was posted here was by sad people that stalk these forums to do just that.

I know Audio and you can't even try to say that a $500 stereo could sound better then mine unless it was stolen and sold dirt cheap. So get over your lack of knowledge self. Thank You
    Just an FYI... just because of YOU Mr. Tewksbury... I am not going to be going to give "Richard" my business. If le douches like you are defending him...then le douches must work there.

Thanks though Have a happy period today.

SlipAngle is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am sure your system is everything you wanted it to be, and I can tell that this installer does great work. It just appears he has a reputation of rubbing people the wrong way. This is important for people to know when you are considering purchasing a big ticket item. You want to know that everything is going to go smoothly, even if something out of your control arises. If someone is thrilled with their item, they may tell five people. If someone feels like they got burned on a large purchase, rest assured they are going to tell a LOT of people. This has been the nature of sales since cavemen traded shells.
    Last edited by SlipAngle; 10-22-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Original post was unnecessarily harsh.

-Leister- is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Either way local shops blow..

domllama is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gshep View Post
    Just an FYI... just because of YOU Mr. Tewksbury... I am not going to be going to give "Richard" my business. If le douches like you are defending him...then le douches must work there.

Thanks though Have a happy period today.
    If this shop brainwashes all their customers into thinking 'JL' is the #1 best thing to put in their cars and then to make them dish out thousands of $$ on mediocre systems...added with the customer service..then yes, I would look at staying FAR, VERY, FAR AWAY and letting anyone else in the area know about this business.

Check my page for feedback:
    http://SPLAcura.com/
    domllama@caraudio.com
    Acura TL...
    project to come :]

HighTQCummins is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now that you said everything you have in your truck, would you care to tell us where you live, maybe with directions from the nearest landmark?

2007 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab.(totaled)
    some 12's, some power, some wire and batts
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    semi-sq system in the works
    bought from: Audio4ever (HC600), Subdicted (10" RD Classics), Serpent710 (SAZ1500d), gentlejax (PPI 900.4)

Throwed is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have just moved here to West Lake sub-division. Anything Audio is not that far from my house. I have to agree that the Richard guy is a **** and most of the items he has is all JL Audio or MB Quart.(Yawnnnn) To be honest the shop is a bit depressing. There is no kind of selection to choose from and if you ask for specialty item the best he can tell you is "I can order it"....WTF is that? In Cali, the audio guys can get whatever you want the same day. Richard looks likes someones fat grandfather and the old lady that works there with him is a bit annoying. Feels like you are shopping at a car audio shop that your grandparents owns. They need a younger generation running the shop and they **** sure need a better selection.

I took a peak around the store and thought to myself.......There's no ****ing way I am letting them put their old *** hands on my Viper. I drove to Atlanta to get my sounds. Atlanta is the only city in Georgia that has decent car audio shops. Augusta, GA does not have any good audio shops at all. You are better off shopping at Crutchfield or something.

As for the guy with the lame *** "pimp my ride" truck.....Dude, get more than one vehicle. If you are going to "pimp" a truck....use something better than a Cadi. Atleast get a Ranger Rover or something. Chicks are checking for a fat guy in a Escalade that's trying to be ethnic. Man I can't wait until we get the hell out of this country *** town. I miss Cali so bad. These country-*** people here don't even have a clue.

Also, if you want to play the "I have this or that" game then I will gladly meet you at Anything Audio to show you what what a real truck is suppose to look like. Get at me at 213-369-9085. I love making guys like you shut the **** up. Also, you retired out of the military and trying to brag? This will be fun. I guess people don't go for a education anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by domllama View Post
    If this shop brainwashes all their customers into thinking 'JL' is the #1 best thing to put in their cars and then to make them dish out thousands of $$ on mediocre systems...added with the customer service..then yes, I would look at staying FAR, VERY, FAR AWAY and letting anyone else in the area know about this business.
    Same here. He has some old 2006/2005 model JL's door speakers he was trying to sale me for $545.00. I don't think they have anything out of the 2009 catalog in that shop. I was just in there a week and a half a go.......and won't ever return to buy anything. That shop needs to seriously update their inventory and step up their game. That shop wouldn't get any business at all in L.A. If that's the best Augusta has to offer then I should open up a shop myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The breakdown list with links of whats in my Escalade: (With Current Pricing well close to it)

JL Audio 6.5 " ZR Component Sets x 2 $870 per set = $1740
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...ch=jl+zr&ssi=0

JL Audio Stealthbox 2-12W6v2 x1 $2199
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...ealthbox&ssi=5
    The price has gone down since last year.

JL Audio 1000/1v2 Amplifier x1 $1100
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/App...ssi=0&skipvs=T
    Price pretty much the same.

JL Audio 450/4v2 Amplifier x1 $850
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...=450%2f4&ssi=0
    Pretty Average Price

JL Audio Volume Control & Line Driver x1 $60
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136CLRL...+in+line&ssi=0
    Wasn't too bad for what it does. It turns all the way to 0 Volume on the subs and is 7.5volts output.

Alpine 7" display headunit (Double Din) x1 $1000
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_5...ne+video&ssi=0
    Has dropped like $100 since last year

Alpine GPS (insterted in headunit) x1 $500
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=PMD-B200
    Crutchfield didn't have it but had the other docking piece for it how lame...

Alpine Headrest 7" Screens and video relay box set x1 $700
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_5...ne+video&ssi=0
    Seems to have gone down like $50 since last year

Alpine Imprint (Audyssey for vehicles) x1 $150
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PXAH...+imprint&ssi=0
    Works good need windows xp to run software to calibrate it. Preferably a laptop so you can reach the inside of your car.

Alpine HD Radio x1 $200
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500TUAT...lpine+hd&ssi=0
    Works pretty well. cleans up some FM feedback. Is a bit pricey though.

Alpine-Sirius (Lifetime Subscription=Around $550) x1 $200
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_607SIRA...e+sirius&ssi=0
    Works well but sometimes trees play with the signal. Sometimes nothings good on or they are talking too much.

Like 18 feet of 2 gauge wire, 45 feet of 4 gauge wire. 3 100 AMP Fuses w/holders, 2 Extra Batteries and an upgraded Primary Battery. 2 Current Relays (Battery Isolators for the 2 extra batteries), Steering wheel control box, GM onstar headunit harness. That's basically it besides a few wires here and there. The main RCA's were all top end JL Audio Wires. Some of the power wire was stinger along with the relays, fuses and 1 of the extra batteries. The main battery and the other extra battery are Shuriken. A good $1000+

Installation of Stereo and a few other things (Radar, laser defuser and inverter) $1000

So basically I spent just over $10,000 with install counting out a few wires and other things that aren't for the A/V System

That's before 7% tax as well.

I actually paid around that with tax but I am a repeat customer. I have a $5000 home surround sound (Denon Receiver and A Mix between B&W and Klipsch Speakers and a Subwoofer) and I actually recently bought the new 55" Samsung LCD TV 240 Hz from Anything Audio as well. Saved a few bucks instead of getting it from best buy in which they didn't know when they would have it in stock anyhow. Stupid Magnolia stores.

The 2 gauge wire is for my 2300 watt inverter. So I guess it doesn't count towards the stereo my bad.
    ....Garbage!

SicAudio is offline did you fart dude?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol Yeah I listen to my music somewhat loud. But I still hear the sound. Might be Imprint making it get some weird frequencies. They are under warranty either way.

Oh you meant the cost. You should look up the pricing on component sets. Polk has one that's near $1000 MB Quart has ones over $1500. There are a lot of different ones and they all cost lots of cash. I think eclipse has a pretty expensive set as well. Haven't really looked into it. Most places don't sell their whole collection. Tweeters used to but they are Out of Business now. So I guess its the internet for that info.
    i sell polk and mb quart neither 1 has models that cost anywhere near that price range and either set they do sell would rape anything jl makes.

the most expensive and arguably 1 of the 10 best speaker sets ever made was the MBQ QSD6.5 signature series and they were 2500 with hand made custom tailored x-overs and they were special order. they have never had anything in the last 5 yrs more than 800 retail hell they havent had anything over 1000 in 10 years!

the most expensive mm series polks were no where near 1000 not even 500.

Quote Originally Posted by slammedincouch View Post
    Sic rolled me in front of my mom earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit138 View Post
    How did you manage to pack that much stupid into such a small amount of words?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I got rick rolled by SicAudio lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just got rick rolled by SicAudio again lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickaboom View Post
    awww.... dude! I can't believe you were the first! to rick roll me! I am a noob!
    sold to: Johnny Law.Lulz/Worstenemy453,Pumkinman, j1b1e1, DexterMoped, miyagi gboo559,CSU87,nate2587, MichaelLane, SmLLySack. MR_Imperial, Herrrerra, ltr450racer690, 05fronty bought from: TripleB45, bigwheel15, (kroid77 but never recieved..)
    helping noobs daily PM me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast