+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 128

Reload Thread: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

  1. #91
    Joe Tewksbury's Avatar
    Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    Oh yeah I still have a Phoenix Gold Bass Cube now that I brought that brand up in my head. lol







  2. #92
    Joe Tewksbury's Avatar
    Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    My first subs were a pair of Blaupunkt 10's. My question is wth happened to them? They can't get much worse then they have gotten.




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Philly/VA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tewksbury View Post
    I blew 1 of my 2 sets of $850 JL ZR Component sets woofers.




  4. #94
    Joe Tewksbury's Avatar
    Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    Quote Originally Posted by Safe-N-Sound215 View Post
    lol Yeah I listen to my music somewhat loud. But I still hear the sound. Might be Imprint making it get some weird frequencies. They are under warranty either way.

    Oh you meant the cost. You should look up the pricing on component sets. Polk has one that's near $1000 MB Quart has ones over $1500. There are a lot of different ones and they all cost lots of cash. I think eclipse has a pretty expensive set as well. Haven't really looked into it. Most places don't sell their whole collection. Tweeters used to but they are Out of Business now. So I guess its the internet for that info.
    Last edited by Joe Tewksbury; 10-08-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: More info




  5. #95
    Joe Tewksbury's Avatar
    Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    I know a shop up in Orange, CT called Safe-N-Sound. You have any affiliation to them?




  6. #96
    Joe Tewksbury's Avatar
    Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    The breakdown list with links of whats in my Escalade: (With Current Pricing well close to it)

    JL Audio 6.5 " ZR Component Sets x 2 $870 per set = $1740
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...ch=jl+zr&ssi=0

    JL Audio Stealthbox 2-12W6v2 x1 $2199
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...ealthbox&ssi=5
    The price has gone down since last year.

    JL Audio 1000/1v2 Amplifier x1 $1100
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/App...ssi=0&skipvs=T
    Price pretty much the same.

    JL Audio 450/4v2 Amplifier x1 $850
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...=450%2f4&ssi=0
    Pretty Average Price

    JL Audio Volume Control & Line Driver x1 $60
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136CLRL...+in+line&ssi=0
    Wasn't too bad for what it does. It turns all the way to 0 Volume on the subs and is 7.5volts output.

    Alpine 7" display headunit (Double Din) x1 $1000
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_5...ne+video&ssi=0
    Has dropped like $100 since last year

    Alpine GPS (insterted in headunit) x1 $500
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=PMD-B200
    Crutchfield didn't have it but had the other docking piece for it how lame...

    Alpine Headrest 7" Screens and video relay box set x1 $700
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_5...ne+video&ssi=0
    Seems to have gone down like $50 since last year

    Alpine Imprint (Audyssey for vehicles) x1 $150
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PXAH...+imprint&ssi=0
    Works good need windows xp to run software to calibrate it. Preferably a laptop so you can reach the inside of your car.

    Alpine HD Radio x1 $200
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500TUAT...lpine+hd&ssi=0
    Works pretty well. cleans up some FM feedback. Is a bit pricey though.

    Alpine-Sirius (Lifetime Subscription=Around $550) x1 $200
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_607SIRA...e+sirius&ssi=0
    Works well but sometimes trees play with the signal. Sometimes nothings good on or they are talking too much.

    Like 18 feet of 2 gauge wire, 45 feet of 4 gauge wire. 3 100 AMP Fuses w/holders, 2 Extra Batteries and an upgraded Primary Battery. 2 Current Relays (Battery Isolators for the 2 extra batteries), Steering wheel control box, GM onstar headunit harness. That's basically it besides a few wires here and there. The main RCA's were all top end JL Audio Wires. Some of the power wire was stinger along with the relays, fuses and 1 of the extra batteries. The main battery and the other extra battery are Shuriken. A good $1000+

    Installation of Stereo and a few other things (Radar, laser defuser and inverter) $1000


    So basically I spent just over $10,000 with install counting out a few wires and other things that aren't for the A/V System

    That's before 7% tax as well.

    I actually paid around that with tax but I am a repeat customer. I have a $5000 home surround sound (Denon Receiver and A Mix between B&W and Klipsch Speakers and a Subwoofer) and I actually recently bought the new 55" Samsung LCD TV 240 Hz from Anything Audio as well. Saved a few bucks instead of getting it from best buy in which they didn't know when they would have it in stock anyhow. Stupid Magnolia stores.

    The 2 gauge wire is for my 2300 watt inverter. So I guess it doesn't count towards the stereo my bad.
    Last edited by Joe Tewksbury; 10-08-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: adding more info




  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Philly/VA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

  8. #98
    Joe Tewksbury's Avatar
    Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****



    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    Quote Originally Posted by Safe-N-Sound215 View Post
    Ebay = no warranty - Anything Audio = 2 year warranty when they install it. But even if the factory warranty is 1 year. I have blown 2 sets since I got them the first were defective and the second was because I was blasting a sound level edited cd that had some frequency issues. So paying $860 for 1 set under warranty over paying $460 for no warranty is a better deal in my case. I use them so much I'll get my monies worth out of them. I would be screwed if the ebay ones died. Basically if you have the money to buy a warrantied item over one that doesn't then why not get it.




  9. #99
    Farmacist's Avatar
    Farmacist is offline Soundstream Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tewksbury View Post
    I guess noone else wanted dibs on that MTX question. I don't remember the model numbers off hand but the series was called Blue Thunder. Most of the MTX equipment after that has been much lower quality. The Jackhammer seems to be the best thing that have had out as of the past few years.
    GTFO now... you know nothing at all and you deserve to be banned



    Team Soundstream

  10. #100
    anj46907's Avatar
    anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bradenton, Florida
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tewksbury View Post
    The breakdown list with links of whats in my Escalade: (With Current Pricing well close to it)

    JL Audio 6.5 " ZR Component Sets x 2 $870 per set = $1740
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...ch=jl+zr&ssi=0

    JL Audio Stealthbox 2-12W6v2 x1 $2199
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...ealthbox&ssi=5
    The price has gone down since last year.

    JL Audio 1000/1v2 Amplifier x1 $1100
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/App...ssi=0&skipvs=T
    Price pretty much the same.

    JL Audio 450/4v2 Amplifier x1 $850
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...=450%2f4&ssi=0
    Pretty Average Price

    JL Audio Volume Control & Line Driver x1 $60
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136CLRL...+in+line&ssi=0
    Wasn't too bad for what it does. It turns all the way to 0 Volume on the subs and is 7.5volts output.

    Alpine 7" display headunit (Double Din) x1 $1000
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_5...ne+video&ssi=0
    Has dropped like $100 since last year

    Alpine GPS (insterted in headunit) x1 $500
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=PMD-B200
    Crutchfield didn't have it but had the other docking piece for it how lame...

    Alpine Headrest 7" Screens and video relay box set x1 $700
    http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_5...ne+video&ssi=0
    Seems to have gone down like $50 since last year

    Alpine Imprint (Audyssey for vehicles) x1 $150
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PXAH...+imprint&ssi=0
    Works good need windows xp to run software to calibrate it. Preferably a laptop so you can reach the inside of your car.

    Alpine HD Radio x1 $200
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500TUAT...lpine+hd&ssi=0
    Works pretty well. cleans up some FM feedback. Is a bit pricey though.

    Alpine-Sirius (Lifetime Subscription=Around $550) x1 $200
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_607SIRA...e+sirius&ssi=0
    Works well but sometimes trees play with the signal. Sometimes nothings good on or they are talking too much.

    Like 18 feet of 2 gauge wire, 45 feet of 4 gauge wire. 3 100 AMP Fuses w/holders, 2 Extra Batteries and an upgraded Primary Battery. 2 Current Relays (Battery Isolators for the 2 extra batteries), Steering wheel control box, GM onstar headunit harness. That's basically it besides a few wires here and there. The main RCA's were all top end JL Audio Wires. Some of the power wire was stinger along with the relays, fuses and 1 of the extra batteries. The main battery and the other extra battery are Shuriken. A good $1000+

    Installation of Stereo and a few other things (Radar, laser defuser and inverter) $1000


    So basically I spent just over $10,000 with install counting out a few wires and other things that aren't for the A/V System

    That's before 7% tax as well.

    I actually paid around that with tax but I am a repeat customer. I have a $5000 home surround sound (Denon Receiver and A Mix between B&W and Klipsch Speakers and a Subwoofer) and I actually recently bought the new 55" Samsung LCD TV 240 Hz from Anything Audio as well. Saved a few bucks instead of getting it from best buy in which they didn't know when they would have it in stock anyhow. Stupid Magnolia stores.

    The 2 gauge wire is for my 2300 watt inverter. So I guess it doesn't count towards the stereo my bad.
    holy **** you got raped on those prices. **** i feel bad for you




  11. #101
    Farmacist's Avatar
    Farmacist is offline Soundstream Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    dont feel bad for him hes a dumbfuCCK, **** I'm just thinking of all the reference equipment I could get from SS with that $$$, and it would buttf0ck the hell out of anything he has too WHILE HAVING BETTER QUALITY



    Team Soundstream

  12. #102
    anj46907's Avatar
    anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bradenton, Florida
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    i really hope the pic in his avatar is not him

    it reminds me of the dude with the alpines and the yellow car....someone post that pic please




  13. #103
    Farmacist's Avatar
    Farmacist is offline Soundstream Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,574
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    Quote Originally Posted by anj46907 View Post
    i really hope the pic in his avatar is not him

    it reminds me of the dude with the alpines and the yellow car....someone post that pic please
    I have been seriously trying to find that pic for like 2 hours now and havent come up with it



    Team Soundstream

  14. #104
    anj46907's Avatar
    anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bradenton, Florida
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmacist View Post
    I have been seriously trying to find that pic for like 2 hours now and havent come up with it
    glad were on the same page.




    someone please save this thread with that pic




  15. #105
    anj46907's Avatar
    anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bradenton, Florida
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga





+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

1e2 Forum