Reload Thread: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

AllenH427 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

$2000 for that? You got ripped off from the start.

TEAM XS POWER - MECHMAN - FI - AUDIOQUE
    152.1 OUTLAW AND CLIMBING, 4KW AT 40HZ

Joe Tewksbury is offline I know my *****

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon7 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Quote Originally Posted by SlipAngle View Post
    "I bought a JL Audio 12W6, a JL 500/1, 300/4, and an enclosure and amp wiring kit. Right around $2000. The next week I bought a Eclipse 4000 Head Unit"

"A $2,000-$2,500 dollar stereo is an average amount for someone to drop into a system with a head unit (Eclipse single din = $300-$400 est.) 2 amps (500/1 & 300/4 = $1150-$1400 for both est.) a sub (12W6 = $400-$500 each est.) a box for a pretty big sub-woofer (12" = $70-$120) and the wiring kit ($120-$200 est.). Also you have to account for taxes (7%)."

??

I do not know any party involved, but apples should be compared to apples. I would be willing to go out on a limb and guess that the 'average' system purchase is a WHOLE lot less than 2k.

I find it amazing that the owner of this shop did not come onto this forum himself and personally explain his side of the story. I can't imagine a small business owner blowing off anyone who just spent that much cash, I doubt he would still be in business if that is how he truly operates.
    --First off I didn't buy that stuff the first poster did.

Also you have to go by brand if you got all the JL Audio stuff he got in equivalent Alpine equipment it would be like 500 less. It would also have a decent amount of extra distortion (THD). It would also run hotter.

If it was Sony I could see it around 800 less than the JL Audio system if not more than that. Sony has alot more distortion than Alpine as well. Plus they over rate their Watt output unlike JL Audio and Alpine where you usually get just above it or a decent amount of extra output. Amps usually come with a sheet showing what they tested at during their inspection at the factory.

I can give more examples if needed.

--Second off is that a person that was interested in a car audio system usually wont buy low grade equipment unless they had future plans to upgrade and were just short on cash or they just don't know anything at all about car audio. I actually maybe off on how much a southern person spends on a car audio system. I know up north we don't usually spend much less than that. And we don't believe duct tape can fix everything either. So I guess an average southern cheapskate system would probably be like $500 or less. I know not all of you are like that and are willing to pay for the good stuff. Other than that thanks for pointing out that point to me.

--Third off I am most definitely a tech geek. And all that I have listed out were close to actual costs on things. If the guy didn't want to spend that much there were many alternatives and many other stores online and local he could have gone to to price things out.

--Forth off you would be correct Anything Audio wouldn't be in business for the past 10+ years if they did that to people so the original poster does seem like more of a jackass for saying that as well. I just randomly found this forum by searching for Anything Audio's business number so I wasn't using all of Richards Cell Phone Minutes. And he has been busy on installs so his wife picked up the phone. I blew 1 of my 2 sets of $850 JL ZR Component sets woofers. I have been trying to get them put back in but I live pretty far away and haven't had the time. I'll be there tomorrow though. I am always interested in a nice chat if you all want to come out there and do so. If not no big deal.

bread0710 is online now CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have around $10,000 in A/V in my car.

if i had that much money to put in a system i can guarantee it would rape ur jl system.....

SOLD TO:1-Sunnyx:2-C_B_
    BOUGHT FROM1-marcotheclepto

jnralp00 is offline well then...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tewksbury View Post
    --First off I didn't buy that stuff the first poster did.

Also you have to go by brand if you got all the JL Audio stuff he got in equivalent Alpine equipment it would be like 500 less. It would also have a decent amount of extra distortion (THD). It would also run hotter.

If it was Sony I could see it around 800 less than the JL Audio system if not more than that. Sony has alot more distortion than Alpine as well. Plus they over rate their Watt output unlike JL Audio and Alpine where you usually get just above it or a decent amount of extra output. Amps usually come with a sheet showing what they tested at during their inspection at the factory.

I can give more examples if needed.

--Second off is that a person that was interested in a car audio system usually wont buy low grade equipment unless they had future plans to upgrade and were just short on cash or they just don't know anything at all about car audio. I actually maybe off on how much a southern person spends on a car audio system. I know up north we don't usually spend much less than that. And we don't believe duct tape can fix everything either. So I guess an average southern cheapskate system would probably be like $500 or less. I know not all of you are like that and are willing to pay for the good stuff. Other than that thanks for pointing out that point to me.

--Third off I am most definitely a tech geek. And all that I have listed out were close to actual costs on things. If the guy didn't want to spend that much there were many alternatives and many other stores online and local he could have gone to to price things out.

--Forth off you would be correct Anything Audio wouldn't be in business for the past 10+ years if they did that to people so the original poster does seem like more of a jackass for saying that as well. I just randomly found this forum by searching for Anything Audio's business number so I wasn't using all of Richards Cell Phone Minutes. And he has been busy on installs so his wife picked up the phone. I blew 1 of my 2 sets of $850 JL ZR Component sets woofers. I have been trying to get them put back in but I live pretty far away and haven't had the time. I'll be there tomorrow though. I am always interested in a nice chat if you all want to come out there and do so. If not no big deal.
    Are there any other brands besides JL, Alpine and Sony? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon8 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Quote Originally Posted by AllenH427 View Post
    $2000 for that? You got ripped off from the start.

So basically you opened your mouth and said it was a rip off with no defending facts to prove it so your just a worthless opinion maker. Gotta love you people. $2000 ain't ***** for a good system. let alone $2500. Unless you drive a broken down POS and its not even worth that much then I would say maybe it would be a waste of money. Other than that go learn something.

I have a extra $1000 dollar Alpine head unit in a box in my storage room. Same one as in my truck that I posted a link to on my first post on this topic. Also 2 Alpine Amps (1x1000 watts and 4x75 watts) and a Type X 12" in a Custom Sealed Box. All that adds up to over $2700 when I bought it NEW. I just have them sitting in there and they all work just fine still. I also have a Lightning audio 100 Farad hybrid Capacitor worth like $800+ when I got it NEW. Still works and is just sitting there. Plus I have enough wire to wire 4 more cars in a few Rubbermaid bins. If you can't spend $2000 on a system when I got more than that sitting around my house then your really not worried about your car stereo and you don't need to be posting or reading anything to do with car stereos. Leave it to the pro's.

--Extra info-- The only reason I paid Anything Audio for the install on the Stereo was because I messed my back and legs up in Iraq in 2004. Before then I installed all my stuff myself. I can't even clean the truck myself now because its so huge. So have a great day. And next time you see a vet thank him or her. Joe

grassroots is offline needs car audio rehab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually maybe off on how much a southern person spends on a car audio system. I know up north we don't usually spend much less than that. And we don't believe duct tape can fix everything either. So I guess an average southern cheapskate system would probably be like $500 or less. I know not all of you are like that and are willing to pay for the good stuff. Other than that thanks for pointing out that point to me.
    no most southern people i know who are into car audio spend a fraction of what you did, install it themselves and blow the doors off your wanna be gangsta escalade in the DB drag lanes, IASCA, ect.

refs: got em

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon7 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Quote Originally Posted by jnralp00 View Post
    Are there any other brands besides JL, Alpine and Sony? lol
    lol nice. I like some other brands like I should have gotten 2 sets of the $1500 MB Quart components. But I was trying to stick with as limited number of brands in my truck as possible. I also could have made the stereo look cooler but yet again as I said I want quality sound and less noticeable in the way install as possible. I have a 2005 Suzuki Reno that I plan on making my car audio show car. It has like 4000 miles on it. It needs to be fixed do to a slight electrical system issue. Most likely the alarm was installed wrong leaving a short. The battery keeps dying and it didn't have any issues before that. The car is already dynamat extremed on the inside all but behind the dash. That includes the roof and doors and the door jams. Everything was removed from the inside to do it. Took Just over 3 bulk boxes (3 square foot sheets) to complete the task and 2 cans of the dynamat spray. So like $1000 in just dynamat give or take a few bucks.

Some of the pics I attached didn't come in great. They were taken with the original Samsung Instinct Phone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga-sspx0090.jpg   Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga-sspx0100.jpg   Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga-sspx0097.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon13 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    no most southern people i know who are into car audio spend a fraction of what you did, install it themselves and blow the doors off your wanna be gangsta escalade in the DB drag lanes, IASCA, ect.
    Loud and Crackling is different then clear redneck idiot. I don't shoot for DB's I like all kinds of music and I like to hear the **** right and not all distorted. You obviously don't have a clue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon10 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Quote Originally Posted by bread0710 View Post
    I have around $10,000 in A/V in my car.

if i had that much money to put in a system i can guarantee it would rape ur jl system.....
    Yet again what in loudness and distortion. I mean yeah I could have ebayed all of it and it would be the same but I tend to use my stereo alot so I like warranties. So yeah there you have it.

anj46907 is offline No Longer Truckin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we all go through those phases of audio shops dicking us around. but eventually we all find that gem. it took me a couple years of getting screwed over by people to find my current guys. i took my tbird there and never looked back its been a+ work ever since, and now i have the honor of being on the team. you will find it eventually

J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Off JL Audio equipment isn't cheap by far. Second off I think you just don't know anything in depth about car audio and don't want to hear what it is about so that is why you claim that Richard was talking down to you etc. Richard cares about audio and his customers. He may sound like he is talking down to you at times but it is just him delving into his extensive knowledge and love of the complexity that is audio Anything audio doesn't really carry anything to be considered low end (aka most Bestbuy, Walmart equipment).

I would like to set you straight by making this point to you. A $2,000-$2,500 dollar stereo is an average amount for someone to drop into a system with a head unit (Eclipse single din = $300-$400 est.) 2 amps (500/1 & 300/4 = $1150-$1400 for both est.) a sub (12W6 = $400-$500 each est.) a box for a pretty big sub-woofer (12" = $70-$120) and the wiring kit ($120-$200 est.). Also you have to account for taxes (7%). As well as Richard covers equipment you buy from him when a few others don't no matter what they say. He is a authorized dealer. Lawson's isn't and I am sure a few others are not as well. You probably could have saved $500+ by getting the items on ebay but you would have to wait for shipping, hope it wasn't someone that would screw you over, and have no warranty on the equipment. I'm sure you could have talked him into a better deal if you even researched the products before you purchased them. He has prices on the wall. You could have walked away after seeing them or being told them so that is what you felt you could live with paying for them. I have seen Richard take back items before even opened (Circumstantial) so you must be lying or you didn't have your receipt anymore or waited too long to return it.

I know car audio/video and I know home audio/video and I repaired down to component level electronics while in the Army for nearly 8 years.

I have known Richard as a friend for a good year now but had been in his store browsing here and there 2 years prior to that. I have been into car and home A/V since I was 14 and I am now 28. I know what I want to buy and I know the costs before I do so. I research things until I decide what i want and then I buy them when I can afford them. I have around $10,000 in A/V in my car. Costing me almost $1,000 more for install on it but install also included the K40 undetectable radar ($800), K40 Laser Defuser EX2 ($1,200 might have been more), and a 2300 Watt inverter that was custom wired and was mounted with a flip plate covered outlet. I have done over 5 car audio builds for my previous cars in the past and I knew prices and I got them for what I expected and he did a great job on the install etc.

Look at my 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT and all the parts listed for it with some pictures here (All A/V and electronics done at Anything Audio most all other additions done at Trucks & Moore) :

Click Me

Richard can do big projects (Magazine Level) and has done them for himself and won many car audio shows in the past. Just that other place got that sale listed further in this blog so lucky them. Bet you my truck sounds better than that beat box does. But I care about sound quality so I guess I wasted my money because my windshield isn't cracking etc. So if you have the bucks and want them to make your ride bang or just sound great then give Anything Audio a go. Remember you get what you pay for so save if you want the best.

Any other questions or debate please leave me some quote feedback and I will gladly fill you or anyone else in.

Joe Tewksbury
    I'm not reading all that BULLSHIT.

GTFO RETARD.

the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon14 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

To all of you that don't know. Car Audio Shows don't only rate the loudest system in DB's they also have Sound Quality, Design and others. Its also all setup by wattage output. So if I had gotten 4 cheap amps that output 3000 or more watts then I wouldn't be in the same category as I am. So basically comparing what you think is what and knowing what is what is like comparing apples to oranges. My truck is probably one of the cleanest sounding systems you'll hear in a system in its range. I am not saying how wonderful I am or it is I am just stating a fact. Thats why I got the equipment that I did and that is why I have so many stupid hater posts here against my paid in full 2008 Escalade EXT and the paid in full A/V etc I have in it. I am not here to flaunt just spread info. I personally don't care much for most of what is said here because you all are not doing anything but making blatant statements that you can't even back up.

grassroots is offline needs car audio rehab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loud and Crackling is different then clear redneck idiot. I don't shoot for DB's I like all kinds of music and I like to hear the **** right and not all distorted. You obviously don't have a clue.
    i'm an idiot? you joined the army, risked your life and spent the money they gave you on a ******ed out truck with a mediocre system any sucker could BUY with enough money? right, have fun parking lot pimpin jack.

you come off through text as big as the douche bag you look like in your avatar. i can only hope that one day you spend my tax dollars on a stereo actually worth the injuries you sustained in iraq.

no offense to any vets.

refs: got em

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J31Rob View Post

GTFO RETARD.
    lol I saw fatties picture and didn't read it either.

More than I can afford, pal.

Side Note:

I personally don't care much for most of what is said here because you all are not doing anything but making blatant statements that you can't even back up.
    Also, judging from the picture, you're fat .. it's a statement and it's backed up... lulz.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon32 Re: Beware of Anything Audio- Augusta,Ga

Quote Originally Posted by J31Rob View Post

GTFO RETARD.
    Hold up your on a forum and you don't want to read that's ****ing retarded. Your an idiot and that all in itself is an oxymoron.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast