Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Liquid Deadner - Spectrum vs eDead v3

crea78 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Liquid Deadner - Spectrum vs eDead v3

I was planning to use eDead v.1.SE, but seeing how several ppl have witnessed their's falling off, I've decided to use liquid deadner instead. Are there any major differences between Second Skin's Spectrum vs eDead v3?? Since I have a $10 off coupon from Elemental Designs, 1 gallon of v3 will cost me ~$60 with shipping and will cover 50 sq. ft compared to Spectrum's 40 sq. ft. Will the extra $20 for the Spectrum (figuring in shipping at this price) be enough to justify the cost over eDead v3??

Also, is it worth applying Second Skin's Rattle Pad on the doors as well. $100 for 18 sq. ft seems like alot of $$, but if it helps out ALOT, then I guess it's worth it. I'm also wondering should I place the Rattle pad on the inner or outer door panels.

Upcoming System: Alpine CDA-9887 w/ Imprint + 80GB iPod | Rainbow Germaniums (bi-amped) | Zapco 200.2 (tweeters) | Zapco 360.4 (mids) | (2) IDQ10v3 | Zapco 500.1 (subwoofer) | Second Skin deadening

References: CA.com: 3.5Max6Spd | lyttleviet | R05Nismo ; DIYMA: Puffhead | simplicityinsound | sonic_purity | BooneinCO | blacklabel | F150 Truckin'

Bigrick31 is offline Carpe Diem

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Liquid Deadner - Spectrum vs eDead v3

the best person to ask would be ANT hell answer any and all of your questions weather it be about his produsts (second skin) or any other companies products. ive used spectrum and it works great i was very pleased with it. be very carefull though when applying liquid deadoner that you dont cover any nuts scresw or bolts you may need to access some time in the future. i did it and trust me its not fun trying to get liquid deadoner off a bolt.

LightningStryk7 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive noticed that alot of peopels edead falls off also. Do they just slap it on there? wouldn't a spray ahesive / clean the surface well keep it on for like ever? (kind of off topic and dont meen to jack the thread, im just wondering).

Car: 1999 Plymouth Neon

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9853
    Components: RE RE comps in some custom kick panels.
    Subs: 1x Alpine Type R 1242D In a vented 33 hz 3cuft box. (redesiging)
    Sub Amp: 1x Alpine MRD-M301 mono amp (400 rms/14.4volts @ 2ohms)
    Speaker Amp: Infinity 7520a (97 rms x2 /14.4volts @ 4 ohms)

zachzchw is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LightningStryk7
    Ive noticed that alot of peopels edead falls off also. Do they just slap it on there? wouldn't a spray ahesive / clean the surface well keep it on for like ever? (kind of off topic and dont meen to jack the thread, im just wondering).

Ant explained it all in another thread. Good point on the spray adhesive, might be an idea.

cappy72 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did everything that I could do to prevent the deadener from falling off... and it fell off

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zachzchw
    Ant explained it all in another thread. Good point on the spray adhesive, might be an idea.
    I emailed ANT already and I will also do a search for this particular thread.

Upcoming System: Alpine CDA-9887 w/ Imprint + 80GB iPod | Rainbow Germaniums (bi-amped) | Zapco 200.2 (tweeters) | Zapco 360.4 (mids) | (2) IDQ10v3 | Zapco 500.1 (subwoofer) | Second Skin deadening

References: CA.com: 3.5Max6Spd | lyttleviet | R05Nismo ; DIYMA: Puffhead | simplicityinsound | sonic_purity | BooneinCO | blacklabel | F150 Truckin'

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the "Product Specials" are still in effect over at Second Skin's website, I may think about doing a mat based deadener for my doors and use liquid later on for my trunk. What I've decided on now, I can use 40 sq. ft of Damplifier + Rattle Pad for ~$155 or 36 sq. ft of Damplifier Pro for ~$165. The former will give more more deadener to do my trunk lid and will include an absorber pad, but the latter is a much higher grade mat. Tough decsion!!

I plan to upgrade my speakers to eDi 6500 and I know the midbass will be significantly more than what I have now. Of the two options, which one would be better for my Civic Coupe?

zachzchw is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Id go with the cheaper one for now, then you can always add a second layer if need be.

acousticguitar is offline Law and Order

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would do damp + rattle if you go w/ mat. consider b stock as well if you *really* need to save $.

References
    CA Forums: SecondSkinRep, DesertHeat, Twoohfour, Hellomota, 99StangGt, Ashaman, 95prober, Snb778, 318bavsporti, Iceteebone, Sundown1989
    Other: Radeon [SiN], Ibanezcollector [ECA], kepone [ECA], TN_Audiophile [ECA]
    eBay feedback: Taylorguitar [57 positive]

System
    Alpine CDA-9887
    Alpine MRV-F302 / Alpine PDX-1.600
    Focal 165KX Mistral / JBL GTO 5.2c / pair Rockford HE2 8" sealed

Crutchfield referral code: pvtxk-80tpx-ke4ws

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How much better is the new Damplifier compared to the B-stock?? If it isn't that much of a difference, then I'll look into that as well.

Anthony Collova is offline Supporting Vendor Anthony Collova is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Anthony Collova is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crea78
    I was planning to use eDead v.1.SE, but seeing how several ppl have witnessed their's falling off, I've decided to use liquid deadner instead. Are there any major differences between Second Skin's Spectrum vs eDead v3?? Since I have a $10 off coupon from Elemental Designs, 1 gallon of v3 will cost me ~$60 with shipping and will cover 50 sq. ft compared to Spectrum's 40 sq. ft. Will the extra $20 for the Spectrum (figuring in shipping at this price) be enough to justify the cost over eDead v3??

Also, is it worth applying Second Skin's Rattle Pad on the doors as well. $100 for 18 sq. ft seems like alot of $$, but if it helps out ALOT, then I guess it's worth it. I'm also wondering should I place the Rattle pad on the inner or outer door panels.
    Both products will work well in most applications.
    Edea v3 is made by a solid company (not ED, made by another company I used to work with)
    Spectrum is good as well. either will do the job.

ANT

BTW
    When applied at 1mm thick you will get 40 sq feet of coverage wherther you use Second Skin or edead or even water. it is all mathmatics. no way around it.

ANT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: Liquid Deadner - Spectrum vs eDead v3

Quote Originally Posted by Second Skin Rep
    Both products will work well in most applications.
    Edea v3 is made by a solid company (not ED, made by another company I used to work with)
    Spectrum is good as well. either will do the job.

ANT

BTW
    When applied at 1mm thick you will get 40 sq feet of coverage wherther you use Second Skin or edead or even water. it is all mathmatics. no way around it.

ANT
    I <3 ant...

Closed Thread