Closed Thread

Reload Thread: thinking about starting my own bizz

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thinking about starting my own bizz

i currently work at best buy...the guys that "say" they are about the mecp but when push comes to shove its a loose interpitation of that to say theeeee least. 80% preperation is what imo a true proffessional does in their situation its sure we will do it .cant even read anything and their "data books" are so outdated or nothing about certain cars because they say they are using all the programmers to down loading mobile dynamics stuff. i think its a load of malarky as to fabrication we will prolly never get to do it lol "same day" doesnt leave room to do that. but i was considering starting my own bizz and doing house call deck installs. im certified and i have access to newwer data if i pay for it i also still have a retailer's id still....

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Vorak is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Starting your own buisiness could be a lot of fun. I am sure you know what your doing and I am willing to bet that a lot of people in your area would come to you for their installs. If you start to set a reputation for youself you could even hire a few people and start doing complete custom installs and stuff like that. That would be cool.

On the Best Buy note, the store near me is horrible. They have no idea what they are doing and when they try to do it they make it so messy. A guy I know had his deck installed there and he said that they screwed up the wiring real bad. He also said that Best Buy way over charged him. I would get out of that place if I were you.

Although I don't like Best Buy, it is a job right? I would say don't go quit and try to start your buisiness becasue if it doesn't go as you planned you would be out of a job...

thats just my input on things...

Vorak

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Audiolife...you definitly have the knowledge and skills to start your own business....and when you do, make sure to supply some awesome brands (so I can get some deals)!!! Good luck!!!

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nothing about it is proffesional at all its do it now ..a guy like me looks at it i need to actually look it over for about 10-15 min look what i have (there are better faster to use parts out there to do our jobs but noone that has "power" knows anything to take advantage) way i go about it i want to see what they have ..its condition ect ect then go from there. we gotta "check in" a car in five minutes and slap a stereo amp or a set of speakers in it in 30 min. they take the true value of doing an install and mess it up by "do it now do it fast" marketing not only that we do "any car" and there be at least 5 a week i wouldnt touch with a 50 foot pole -literally yanno the cars with hacked wires you look inside and you even see burnt copper? lol i know you can remake retap for power and stuff but come on!!! if im gonna "do" a car i want 24 hours notice so i can make sure the parts are right and i can print out my info about it and read it not "hey we have a 86 citation with no radio or harness with 4 fuses blown" i mean jesus crimany how hard is it to check your own fuses? and if i have to do it why should it be free and how the hell you figure this type of car takes 10 min longer to do? it falls under my do it right charge whay it deserves to be charged for or dont do it at all book let another place do it cause that is an hour and a half free for me to get my 3 good cars done sheesh.. one more thing how do you think a "we come to you to put it in" type of service would be for that? im certified and i can/will get insurance for "just in case"
    Last edited by audiolife; 07-23-2002 at 09:13 PM.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Closed Thread