Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: just finshed my new false floor and repainted my box

saber is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just finshed my new false floor and repainted my box

tell me what you think, i got another amp form a buddy of mine. for a good deal FREE!!(installed his new amp and cdplayer. ) ,so i redesinged my false floor to fit it in there.and i repainted my box because I just dint like the color of it,the old color just didnt show off the curves of the box well enough so i repainted it with the same paint i did my kicks my kicks in.

more pics are on my page. what do you think?

------------------
    Funny quote: "Fat girls are like skooters, they're fun to ride until your friends see you with them."
    -The Pest

check out my site. http://members.sounddomain.com/lesaber88

Vorak is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that looks extreamly nice. Very clean install there. I love the way you did the plexi glass flames. it looks awesome. i wish i had a car nice enough to do something like that too.

Vorak

EarDrummin. is offline Is this my Brahma?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    very nice.. how do you build a false floor exactly? just cut out wood to your trunk parameters?

Audi A6
    Alpine 7897
    MBQuart discus
    JBL bp1200.1
    Brahma 15

AOL: Rav3Cultre
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/eardrummin

saber is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i used cardbord to make a templet of my trunk the traced it on to 1/2 inch mdf then
    i use scrap wood to make stilts so the the weight of the false floor and what ever may be on top of it isnt placed on the amps. the floor is made of two peices so i can get it in and out of the trunk. heres a pic of the back of the floor

EarDrummin. is offline Is this my Brahma?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, I love it.

Audi A6
    Alpine 7897
    MBQuart discus
    JBL bp1200.1
    Brahma 15

AOL: Rav3Cultre
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/eardrummin

bootleg is offline Got Adire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How did you make the curved cuts in your plexi, with a jig-saw or scroll saw? Oh, where did you get the thicker plexi, all I can find around here is like 1/8 to 3/16ths? Otherwise nice install.

'94 Dodge Ram Std. Cab Sport Red

100' Sound Deading
    1/0 Power & Ground

Adire Audio 12" Shiva
    Custom Sealed Fiber-glass Box

'03 Spring Install:
    Clarion DXZ635MP
    US Acoustics USX2100
    US Acoustics USX2080
    ID & Adire Front Stage
    Adire Audio 12" Shiva Mk. III

saber is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bootleg
    How did you make the curved cuts in your plexi, with a jig-saw or scroll saw? Oh, where did you get the thicker plexi, all I can find around here is like 1/8 to 3/16ths? Otherwise nice install.
    I used a drimel with a spiral cutting blade ,and I got the plixe from home depot its 1/4 inch. and thanks !

geonn is offline oalright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looks sweet as hell maybe someday ill do a custom insall that looks that nice but for now ill just stick to my mdf boxes

BassiKLowZ is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i hate Audiobahns, so if you were to ask me what i thought about the install, my reply would be: It looks killer, clean, nice cuts in the plexi, i like the Cameleon paint over the plexi, amps are positioned nicelty.... but you only get a 9 out of 10 cause of the subs :p

camdog is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heat Transfer Question

I'm curious if using a false-floor effects performance of the amp. How would the amp dissipate heat if its closed in like that. Anybody see any problems with that?

P.S. Great looking install.

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saber, do you know anyboby with a Reg Cab Ranger??? I really want a fiberglassing done for 2 10s, but I have already got a fiberglass enclosure on the passengers side and it cost way too much...I am about to sell the truck, and get another Ranger and I was wondering if you could make a fiberglass enclosure, for my ***...and how much would you charge??? Thanks man...it looks like you do a helluva job, so I was just wondering...

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

saber is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm curious if using a false-floor effects performance of the amp. How would the amp dissipate heat if its closed in like that. Anybody see any problems with that?
    so far i have had no problems ,even with the crapy little amp the is hidden under the floor still no problems. but if i ever did run in to over heating problems i would just add a few fans too keep thing cool.

i hate Audiobahns, so if you were to ask me what i thought about the install, my reply would be: It looks killer, clean, nice cuts in the plexi, i like the Cameleon paint over the plexi, amps are positioned nicelty.... but you only get a 9 out of 10 cause of the subs
    ya im staring to hate them too ... there's a lot to say about a company that makes COSMETIC CHANGES to it products every year but never really tries to make there products better performance wise. so I might try MA audio because the car club im in might be able to get there stuff for 50% off or something like that , but if that doesn't go through im thinking of going with a pair of e-designs e12a's

o-yeah! and thanks for all the replys

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by saber

so far i have had no problems ,even with the crapy little amp the is hidden under the floor still no problems. but if i ever did run in to over heating problems i would just add a few fans too keep thing cool.

ya im staring to hate them too ... there's a lot to say about a company that makes COSMETIC CHANGES to it products every year but never really tries to make there products better performance wise. so I might try MA audio because the car club im in might be able to get there stuff for 50% off or something like that , but if that doesn't go through im thinking of going with a pair of e-designs e12a's

o-yeah! and thanks for all the replys

Elemental Designs is the way to go...you'll like them twice as much as MA Audio...

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

BassiKLowZ is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im staring to hate them too ... there's a lot to say about a company that makes COSMETIC CHANGES to it products every year but never really tries to make there products better performance wise. so I might try MA audio because the car club im in might be able to get there stuff for 50% off or something like that , but if that doesn't go through im thinking of going with a pair of e-designs e12a's
    Exactly my thoughts, the other problem i have with Audiobahns is you pay 300.00 for a titanium sub and according to specs its comething like 1000 Watts RMS. Try putting a thousand to that sub and count how many hours it takes to blow it

Second problem is that the bass reproduction is probably the sloppiest i have ever heard on a sub with the exception of alot of off-brand and low end subs. Cosmetically (like you said) they are nice, and they hit hard for the buck! But they are so over rated and so many people have them it makes me want to puke lol it looks like your taking a better approach to it though... never the less. . . the install is bad ***

saber is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by RangerMan
    Saber, do you know anyboby with a Reg Cab Ranger??? I really want a fiberglassing done for 2 10s, but I have already got a fiberglass enclosure on the passengers side and it cost way too much...I am about to sell the truck, and get another Ranger and I was wondering if you could make a fiberglass enclosure, for my ***...and how much would you charge??? Thanks man...it looks like you do a helluva job, so I was just wondering...

sorry but no one I know has a ranger,plus im still kind of new at this and still experimenting, so I just wouldn't fell right charging someone for work that im not sure of .

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast