Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Whats the best for my me's?

lostsoul is offline Heretic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whats the best for my me's?

hey guys i know you hate these recomendation posts but I'll be thankful for the help. I have two Oz audio ME 10 inch subs in a sealed inclosure and I'm wondering the best amp for them. Ive been looking at the kicker 800.2 the diamond audio D3 600.1 and magic_wizard on here is selling a tantrum 1200.1 for 250$ shipped but I kinda think thats to much power to run to them. I'm looking to stay around the 250$ range. thanks guys

Refs:Prowler573,fived,pboulos, mattmcss, HCCAfan, xxx.xxdb, sephiroth619, ibanezcollector,nikosbuddy. Theres more I just can't think of them at the moment.
    We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

slicks5150 is offline got a$$ ? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Whats the best for my me's?

go with a nine.2 for $215 shipped

http://edesignaudio.com/category.php?type=amps

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

only 400 watts to the pair?

Refs:Prowler573,fived,pboulos, mattmcss, HCCAfan, xxx.xxdb, sephiroth619, ibanezcollector,nikosbuddy. Theres more I just can't think of them at the moment.
    We are the middle children of history, with no purpose or place. Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

sephiroth619 is offline **** Commander

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm currently feeding mines 300 watts each. They're pretty dayum loud in such a small enclosure considering how much juice I'm feeding them. I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to a 1,000 watt mono amp in the distant future. Again, these puppies are like 500 watts RMS, they're sooo dayum efficient.

OT, but I've been through a little over 6 subs in a year and the OZ Matrix Elite's are by far the best.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you guys think the nine.2 would work like slick suggested? Can it run at 2ohmx1?

sephiroth619 is offline **** Commander

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A nine.2 for 2 subs? I dunno. Well, then again it's only 100 watts less each than what I'm currently feeding them.

Why don't you get an old school Orion XTR1000 amp? I see them go on ebay for like $200.

[edit] And the nine.2 is rated at 400 watts @4ohms bridged. I don't think it can do 2ohms bridged. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**** the eds are so ****

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well guys thanks for all the comments, I went ahead and bought a kicker 800.2(got it for a good price). So each one will see 400w at 2ohm. I think that will be good for me, if not I can always sell it and upgrade!

Closed Thread