Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Low-midpriced setup for METAL

sorry for this stupid question, but i know very little about car stereos, so please no flaming.

I have a '82 Buick Riviera... i was wondering what set up would be ideal for Metal style music? I just want to be able to play the music loud enough for people outside to hear, and have each frequency band sound as pristine as it was meant to be. I was thinking either an mp3/cd deck.... or a cd/cassette deck because i do the mp3 cd thing (i have a portable mp3 cd player) but cassette adapters sound crappy sometimes. Im looking to spend under 800

thanks
    Last edited by razorblade270; 07-13-2002 at 04:29 PM.

Iknownothing is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HEy man, I am a metal man myself. I just bought 2 12" rockford HE2 subs (800watt max) and a 1000watt kennwood amp. with the speakers, box, wiring, and amp I spent
    about 800 bux. Then I bought some new 6x9s too, some pioneers for 100 bux. so I have some decent sound stuff now. I get it installed monday so I will let you know how it sounds with METAL music. Hopefully Slipknot will be thunderous with my new gear(not that it wasnt without it )

I am throwing mine into an 88 chevy suburban. The dude at the car stereo place told me it would sound great in there.

razorblade270 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    slipknot..... meh... the new album was too disappointing for me. Thats why i like Lamb of God, God Forbid, Dying Fetus, and the such..............

hmm..... you set up sounds decent...(like i know what any of that means) definately let me know how it sounds...... slipknots fine for sound tests for me.... i know how it should sound. The chorus to New abortion? what were they thinking? "noises noises, people make noises...... " sigh. oh well. Its time to listen to some Dream Theater after seeing Candiria tonight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey, slipknot is a good band, it seems a lot of people had mixed emotions about "Iowa" though. I think it is kick ***. Their drummer is ridiculously good(not the clown or the long nose dude, THe REAL Drummer). I just really enjoy heavy music, I really dont care about lyrics. DReam theatres music is tight, but I really cant stand the dudes voice. BUt anyhoo I will let you know how it sounds.

picklekx is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can get more affordable amps then kenwood that are just as good. Maybe look into a jbl 600 .1 and 2 10 in kicker compvrs. and for a hu maybe a Pioneer 7400mp or Apline CDA-7894. this will run you about 680-725 roughly.
    JBL bp600.1 200 shipped at bsless.com
    10 Kicker Comp VR can be had for 82 a piece @ http://shop.store.yahoo.com/audioexpo/index.html and shipping is about 18$
    Alpine CDA 7894 338 plus shipping from etronics.com
    Pioneer 7400mp for about 295 from http://shop.store.yahoo.com/salestores/index.html
    that will give you moeny for wires and maybe some speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I have it all in and have tested it for 2 days and it sounds AWESOME!!! I never knew that fear factory had so much bass. I only have 230 watts going to each speaker(the Rms is 400) and it is loud as hell. I need a better amp now!!

But overall I am really happy with my choices(well the amp is weak, but ok for now) My suburban is a thunder chamber now.

Inferno13 is offline Jah live!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well, when you're getting a new amp get a jbl 1200.1. and as for slipknot, i saw them at ozfest and they ****** big time. the only semi-cool thing they did was have everyone crouch down and then jump up at one time. the audiance wasnt impressed. and zach wiylds black label society ****** eve worse. any ways, jbl 1200.1 for next amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I saw slipknot on the pledge of alligence tour and it f**king owned. It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. You have to remember at big festivals bands dont have their full set-ups due to the fact that there are so many bands playing in a limited amount of time. I also saw ozzy on the merry mayhem tour and zach W was a **** good guitar player.

anyhoo, what is so good about that amp?

loud_drums is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Razorblade--I am a big prog/metal fan too, Dream Theater being my fav--I have an Alpine HU, JL Audio speakers all around, a PPI 5 channel amp, I couldn't be more happy. Great SQ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dig dream theatre as well, I just cant stand the singers voice. but the music is god enough that I can look past it. but I listened to some Candiria that he mentioned and they **** fat nuts.

Closed Thread

User Tag List