Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Second post......advice on new system

cphelan1 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Second post......advice on new system

First off, nice site with tons of information. So much so that I think my head is spinning out of control.
    Okay, so here's the deal. I haven't been into car audio in quite sometime. Suddenly I have the urge to build another system and by the looks of things, technology has really passed me by. I am going to list a few of the thoughts in my head and am looking for some solid advice/criticism on this new system.
    I own a 2003 Dodge Ram quad cab for starters. I currently have 2 10"subs under the back seat and I want to reclaim that space for other things. More on this later.

1. H.U. Looking at either the ALPINE 9835 or the PIONEER 9600 What would your choice be and why? I never have been a big fan of PIONEER but they seem to have really upped the ante according to the research I've done. I also like the ability of the PIONEER to plug in the supplied microphone to fit the sound to your vehicle's acoustics. I was intrigued by this.

2. AMPS. I seem to have fallen for the ARC AUDIO amps. I like the 4150xxk for the componets and the 2500xxk for the sub. I pretty much have made my mind up on these 2 amps.......I think????????????

3. SUB (one 12") I really like the ADIRE BRAHMA and RE XXX. They both look like they will fit the 2500xxk amp nicely. Am I missing something here or am I right to think that? The reason for the single 12" sub is this. I am building a custom box to take place of the center console area of my truck and I'm limited in space. The best I can do is a .88 cubed box sealed. I don't want anything to stand out in the truck and this box will end up looking like the original seat when finished. This is very important to me.

4. Still undecided on front componets. I like the ......oh who am I kidding? I like a bunch of them and don't even know where to begin. I could really use some advice here. Maybe in the ~$300 range? Something to match the 4150xxk amp. Also, what should I do in the rear doors? More componets for fill? I've always heard that was a no-no but it seems I'm seeing more and more lately. And with good results. Whatever goes back there will also be connected to the 4150xxk.

Here's a list of the items I have installed now. Just curious if I'm making the right move to improve both SPL and SQ.
    H.U: Kenwood Z910DVD

Front comps: Cadence ???? (I don't remember what model but they are about middle of the pack if I remember right)

Rear fill: Pioneer coaxial (again don't remember model but they were cheap at the time)

AMP #1: Alpine MRP-F240 for front and rears. Maybe about 40 watts per channel?

AMP #2: MTX 4250D for the 2 10" subs (roughly 125 watts?)

Subs: MTX Thunder 6000's in a cheapo prefab box.

To anybody that has made it this far, Thanks for reading all this and letting me rid my head of all this info. I look forward to reading your responses.
    Chris
    Last edited by cphelan1; 04-05-2005 at 01:05 AM. Reason: title mistake

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Second post......advice on new system

Hello?????? Is this thing on?????? Anybody there?????????

yuegling2982 is offline jeep member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i wish i could help man. i really just sit around and ask question to learn as much as i can

but from what i read your sytem sound pretty dam good. how are those MTX amps treating you? i just picked one up for my jeep wrangler but haven't installed it yet :*******:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yuegling2982
    how are those MTX amps treating you? i just picked one up for my jeep wrangler but haven't installed it yet
    I never had a problem with the mtx equipment. Seems to be good stuff. I just have this overpowering urge to build a nice system again.
    Chris

yuegling2982 is offline jeep member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i under stand that. when i get urges to upgrade things like that i am always glad to have a jeep. there has to 1000s of thing to do to jeeps. but when it comes down to it, i love music and making it sound better. good luck with your system. any pics of it?

skeptikal is offline Hold the wheel and drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What kind of money are you looking to spend on everything? You gotta nice little SQL setup going with the Brahma or XXX but I think the brahma would like that small of an enclosure more than the XXX would.

back at it...

chefboyrlee is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

based on speculation, i bet a 12" avalanche will fit in that space. dont quote me on this one. but u'll have to wait till they release it. as for comps i love my diamond audios

//////ALPINE IVA-D300
    DIAMOND AUDIO HEX 600s (up front)
    DIAMOND AUDIO HEX 600s (rear)
    JL AUDIO 450/4
    RE AUDIO SX 12" (x2)
    ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER 800a2 (x2)

Closed Thread