Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Any1 have the Aiwa CDC-X227??? Comments/reviews?

twomix is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Any1 have the Aiwa CDC-X227??? Comments/reviews?

Hey im a super newbie at car audio and want a new head unit for less than $140...or around. Any comments on the Aiwa bc its only $100 installed at BB this week!??
    Otherwise i might get the Kenwood KDC316V $115 @ CC? Thanks.

blaupunk is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dont get Aiwa

Please, save yourself alot of trouble and dont get a Aiwa HU. There is nothing but problems with Aiwa. Yeah, there cheap but you get what you pay for. Look into Alpine or Pioneer. Pioneer 6300 or 6400.

I have a CDC-MP3 and it ***** major balls.

mikemike is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    whats wrong with your cdc-mp3? I have one and mine is sweet. Works very well and the "magic flap" never fails to impress. Awia is a good company its just that so many people are hooked on pioneer and alpine...( i dont know why ) that they are not open minded enough to accept different companies in the car audio market. Awia is good. end of story. By the way just my 2 cents i dont like getting my stuff installed at bestbuy and circit city. Ive had friends that got their stuff installed there and the workers broke stuff in there car and tried to glue it back together. it was bullsh**. Installing my head unit which i bought from crutchfield was really easy.

blaupunk is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

?

twomix, i would once again strongly suggest not getting Aiwa. It is your choice and you can listen to other opinions. Most people will probably say not to get Aiwa but I could be wrong.
    Get the Kenwood if you must, it is probably better then the Aiwa

Mikemike, my CDC-MP3 gives me alot of noise, when i change tracks you hear the CD reading through the sub. It also has very little features, It takes forever to read an MP3 Disc (i even use Verbatims). sometimes it wont read new sessions that i put on the disc and sometimes it does. I take very GOOD care of my units, so it cant be because its dirty. It also skips easily, even though i have it mounted well. I made a huge mistake of running out and buying this cd player just because it played MP3 encoded discs. Never again will i purchase Aiwa or recommend anyone else to.

BiggDogg18 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PIONEER AND ALPINE ARE GOOD?!?!HELL NO!

I have the alpine cda7893 is a decent deck, except in the first two months the motorized face went out, wait the first weak i had it then wait not two weeks later after ultimate electronics hassle arounded and gave me a new one then, wait the built in amplifer went out. this was my first and LAST alpine deck, I also would never recommend them to ANYONE except for someone that likes to fix things, also at my shop well lots of problems from the pioneer decks, The knob is the biggest POS it wont work to turn volume up or down, wait its set on 20 so when i have cell call wait....oh yeah i cant hear the call,also if you want it to read scratched cds just might as well just leave the factory in!MY recommondation would go to any decent shop in town and the Kenwood KDC319 Very nice deck for the $$$ with remote for 179.99 Retail or go and invest in a Eclipse, 3 yrs warrenty and advanced exchange plus plus a theft warrenty, and also the best FM tuner and highest Voltage out put that i know of and 3 g skip protection...Hope i helped a little

crakpotjoe is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just got an older model aiwa hu and its cool . . . dont know why people are saying bad things they seem good to me.

Speedracer7c is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had an Aiwa CDC-X217 It it was such a piece of crap the face plate release kept breaking and it skipped non stop to my subs, i could'nt wait to get that p.o.s out of my car! Go with the kenwood!

1995 Geo TrackerLSI
    2 Kicker Comp VR 12's
    Premier DEH-P930 Head
    Jbl 1200.1
    Inifinity Mids & highs

jaygeorge1979 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have had the cdcx227 in my car now for months and i have not had one single problem with it...it has done nothing but impress me...these upper models are way overrated the aiwa wont steer u wrong unless u screw up the install which u are getting done for u...one hundred bucks installed is a deal

Closed Thread

User Tag List