Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: I Went To A Car Audio Dealer And They Recomended Pioneer Of Kenwood Stuff.

bang hard is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I Went To A Car Audio Dealer And They Recomended Pioneer Of Kenwood Stuff.

They said power acoustik stuff ***** and alpine hu's sound like ****. he said get a pioneer or kenwood hu and jl or earthquake, kenwood subs. should i take his advice? i really like the new kenwood amps and hu's.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I Went To A Car Audio Dealer And They Recomended Pioneer Of Kenwood Stuff.

can some one help me out? thanks

req
    req is offline am a mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bang hard
    can some one help me out? thanks
    let me guess - they sell pioneer and kenwood?

whatever they say is most likely a ploy to get you to buy their ****. they want money, they dont give a **** who you are, so they tell you their (overpriced) stuff is better.

hook, line, and sinker.

ask them if they can show you a frequency response graph with 1 watt at 1 meter to show how good of a response they have. or some technical question about somthing. ask them what 'tuning' the box (if its ported) they are selling you is. i bet they will be like

osiris999 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alpine makes really awsome hus. earthquake is like #5 on the shittiest caraudio companys list in another thread. kenwood is not far behind. the guys saying that because thats what he sells and those products problly arent selling well so hes trying to push them on people

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm guessing this shop sells Pioneer, Kenwood, JL, and Earthquake.

Try some other places and demo as much equipment as you can. Base your opinion on what you like. After all, you're the one who has to listen to it day in and day out, not us nor the guys at that shop.

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

tRiGgEr is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kenwood has some very good Head units and speakers. There amps a decent. There subs are kinda cheap.

Don't let them talk you out of what you want to do. Alpine makes very good Head units.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydoo View Post
    Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

TrlcKed_OuT is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**** i went to an audio shop out here and they dont even know what spl means...but the know a good sub from a bad sub.....

Current system:
    03 Ford Explorer
    iraggi 300amp alt (on its way)
    Red top under hood and deka 9a31 in back ( on its way)
    stock mids and highs
    Pioneer Z110bt headunit
    1 18'' TC9/Audioque In 6cubes tuned to 32hz
    Audioque 3500D
    Handles the lows just fine

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they sell rockfordfosgate,JL, kenwood, earthquake,pioneer, folcal. the guy knew what he was talkin about, my buddy just bought 2 13w7 and an jl amp, they did a really good install. i ask the guy to see if he could tell me why i get noise threw my system, he cam out and look at it and said just clean the grounds better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they sell rockfordfosgate,JL, kenwood, earthquake,pioneer, folcal. the guy knew what he was talkin about, my buddy just bought 2 13w7 and an jl amp, they did a really good install. i ask the guy to see if he could tell me why i get noise threw my system, he cam out and look at it and said just clean the grounds better.
    Well it sounds like they know a few things. But the point still stands that they are just trying to sell there equipment.

Before poking fun at others at least learn to spell. I won't go into all the gammar mistakes!
    Irony?

Your sig... Im trying to figure out if you think he spelled grammar wrong. Because, he didn't. Irony indeed.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i know why its makin noise but i wanted to see if they would try some stupid **** like your amp is cheap. anyways there not really any places by me except for best buy and the flee market. would any jl sub be a good choice?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im so ****ing confused now because i get different answers all the time and one day one thing is the best and the other day it's not. if i just stick whith a few big name brands will i be okay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im so ****ing confused now because i get different answers all the time and one day one thing is the best and the other day it's not. if i just stick whith a few big name brands will i be okay?

Dude what is your budget. What are you looking for. What music do you listen to. What car do you have. SQ or SPL or SQL.

I'll help you find some good equipment.

Irony?

LIGHTBEING is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alipine units are one of the best HU, hands down. What the F are they talking about. Just take your time, do some research and in the end you will have exactly what you want.

HU: Kenwood Excelon DDX-7015
    Sub Amp: US amps MD2D
    Sub: 12" RE XXX
    Comp Amp: SS Reference 700s
    Comps: CDT HD-62
    Rearfill: CDT CL-6X
    Box: 2.5 cuft after displacement
    Kinetik HC1800
    OG 185a HO Alt
    100 sq ft eDead
    Custom Trunk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All the profit for that guys commission check is in pioneer and kenwood. Pretty much any jl subs is going to give u superior sq, alpine is amazing(arguably the best). Sound is really subjective so he may just be deaf.

req
    req is offline am a mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redswingline
    All the profit for that guys commission check is in pioneer and kenwood. Pretty much any jl subs is going to give u superior sq, alpine is amazing(arguably the best). Sound is really subjective so he may just be deaf.
    i can argue with last years eclispe - or the old dennon RF hu with no preamp.

but i own an alpine cda9827, and i love it. alpine+pioneer have some of the best hu's out (imo) for the price.

stick around here. READ everyhing thats going on, read people signatures and find out what they are using. and do NOT post "this vs this" or "should i buy these" threads.

just stick around, read, maybe a few questions and comments here and there, but most importantly, READ AND LEARN before you buy ANYTHING. you will be very dissapointed if you buy somthing that ***** a nutsac.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast