I am looking for some tips for sound deadening my car. I have searched the forums and read so many old threads that i now keep rereading threads. I have also searched google several times. I am wondering if anyone has any more tips to offer before I go through with all of this. What I plan on doing at this point is the following:
1. find any rattles and try to eliminate them using polyfill, silicone, carpet padding, and foam weather stripping.
2. Put polyfill in all holes that have small openings in the trunk that will not have sound deadening material in them.
3. put some silicone between trunk braces and trunk skin.
4. apply 1 layer sound deadening material (damplifier) to floor, trunk, firewall, and ceiling (doors already have dynamat)
5. apply liquid sound deadening to wheel wells (spectrum v2)
6. lay down a mixture of jute carpet padding and home carpet padding depending on surface.
7. lay a layer of closed cell foam (overkill) over all surfaces that were dampened.
8. Find any remaining rattles and eliminate them however possible.
I know you can use great suff expanding foam but i don't want to warp any surfaces. I am not going to use ice guard or whatever it is called, i just don't trust the heat tolerance if it was hanging from my ceiling. Does anyone else have any more tips for making a car rattle free & much quieter? I know a 1 lb ft^2 vinyl mass loaded barrier would be better for sound deadening than the closed cell foam. But I don't think it would be worth the price. Does anyone else think it would be worth it compared to the closed cell foam?
I hope this helps out some other people looking to sound deaden their cars so they don't have to read as much as i did.
Thanks for any replies.