Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Reload Thread: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

  1. #1
    bevo993071's Avatar
    bevo993071 is offline Jeep Dude



    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Stillwater Oklahoma
    Age
    28
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Icon14 What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    Whats up everyone, what do yall have in your cars? I need ideas for my new system...also proted, bandpass, or sealed...i cant decide...
    alex







  2. #2
    stereodude86's Avatar
    stereodude86 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    hey bevo,

    i live in dallas too. i have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee. my system is pimp. i have 2 12's by eclipse. i have 2 JL 1000/1 mono blocks to power them. i have the new focal three piece components in the front and single speakers in the back. im running those on eclipse amps 2 two channels. i have the new eclipse head unit its bad ***. i have two yellow top optima batteries. let me know if you want any help on ur system.




  3. #3
    bevo993071's Avatar
    bevo993071 is offline Jeep Dude

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Stillwater Oklahoma
    Age
    28
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by stereodude86
    hey bevo,

    i live in dallas too. i have a 2004 jeep grand cherokee. my system is pimp. i have 2 12's by eclipse. i have 2 JL 1000/1 mono blocks to power them. i have the new focal three piece components in the front and single speakers in the back. im running those on eclipse amps 2 two channels. i have the new eclipse head unit its bad ***. i have two yellow top optima batteries. let me know if you want any help on ur system.

    Very nice, very nice...how much did all of that cost you and who installed it for you? did you put a new alt. in it or a dual alt?




  4. #4
    stereodude86's Avatar
    stereodude86 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    i installed the stereo stuff but had the dual alternators and batteries installed and my dad paid for it all so i dont know how much it cost but prolly at least 5grand




  5. #5
    cdr's Avatar
    cdr
    cdr is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Age
    27
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    have any pics?

    bevo what type of car do you have and what are you looking to get out of your system? Those two questions will help the answers.




  6. #6
    stereodude86's Avatar
    stereodude86 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    not on my computer sry




  7. #7
    cdr's Avatar
    cdr
    cdr is offline Member



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Age
    27
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    im curious as to why you went with two seperate two channel amps.




  8. #8
    bevo993071's Avatar
    bevo993071 is offline Jeep Dude

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Stillwater Oklahoma
    Age
    28
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by cdr
    have any pics?

    bevo what type of car do you have and what are you looking to get out of your system? Those two questions will help the answers.
    I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee...I am looking for something that has a clean sound and can go loud when i want to show it off...i do not have that big of a budget though, I am 18 and bought the car myself, i also pay insurance, gas, and maitnence... here is what i was thining about...


    Alpine CDA -9835 for the HU
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Component System for front and Back
    2 - Infinity Kappa 12.1 Subs in a sealed box that i am designing now
    AMPS - havent decided yet...any suggestions

    I can get the sub used...and a lot of people are saying not to put component in the rear...i dont see why it would hurt. I want to be able to hear everything clearly and not have to spend money on Focal...or MB Quart.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    shreveport
    Posts
    424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Icon32 Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    i dont want any advice from any1 whos daddy bought him 5g worth of stuff.......
    if my daddy bought my stuff i'd never admit it on the internet....




  10. #10
    JimJ's Avatar
    JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hillsborough, NC
    Posts
    31,683
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    Yeah, because you're in high moral standing in this forum




  11. #11
    Zombietime's Avatar
    Zombietime is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by bevo993071
    I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee...I am looking for something that has a clean sound and can go loud when i want to show it off...i do not have that big of a budget though, I am 18 and bought the car myself, i also pay insurance, gas, and maitnence... here is what i was thining about...


    Alpine CDA -9835 for the HU
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Component System for front and Back
    2 - Infinity Kappa 12.1 Subs in a sealed box that i am designing now
    AMPS - havent decided yet...any suggestions

    I can get the sub used...and a lot of people are saying not to put component in the rear...i dont see why it would hurt. I want to be able to hear everything clearly and not have to spend money on Focal...or MB Quart.
    Most people don't put components in the rear because it hurts the front sound stage. If you have the money that's fine but cheap speakers in the back for fill is fine.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    TriState Area
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by profilepower
    i dont want any advice from any1 whos daddy bought him 5g worth of stuff.......
    if my daddy bought my stuff i'd never admit it on the internet....
    you grew up broke and will always be broke you bum.




    myspace

    1993 Volvo 960 Luxury Sedan

    Refs: Sake Pho Sho, Silentheaven389, macmood, iamslain, lemans23, desertheat (3), monte_carlo97 (7).

  13. #13
    joeboxer5876's Avatar
    joeboxer5876 is offline Woof! Woof!



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    Quote Originally Posted by bevo993071
    I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee...I am looking for something that has a clean sound and can go loud when i want to show it off...i do not have that big of a budget though, I am 18 and bought the car myself, i also pay insurance, gas, and maitnence... here is what i was thining about...


    Alpine CDA -9835 for the HU
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Component System for front and Back
    2 - Infinity Kappa 12.1 Subs in a sealed box that i am designing now
    AMPS - havent decided yet...any suggestions

    I can get the sub used...and a lot of people are saying not to put component in the rear...i dont see why it would hurt. I want to be able to hear everything clearly and not have to spend money on Focal...or MB Quart.

    I have a reg cab s-10 with on perfect 12.1 and kappa comps. i used hifonics amps. they a priced real well on ebay. i got a brutus 1500 watt amp for $270. i originally purchased 2 12's but one is enough for now until i get an SUV. those subs will take 500 watts or 600 if u want. make sure you give them enough power.




  14. #14
    Expy2000's Avatar
    Expy2000 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,307
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    Its all in my SIG except I am moving up to a 15 XXX... Two of them..!




  15. #15
    stereodude86's Avatar
    stereodude86 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What does everyone have in their car? I need Ideas

    oh i forgot to mention the 2 6.5" monitors in the hear rest and the 4" in the visors and the dvd unit, ps2, xbox




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HELP i need ideas for fiberglass something for my car
    By vosschs in forum Enclosure Design & Construction Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 03:57 PM
  2. BUILDING CAR AUDIO SYSTEM(for Beginners)
    By BASS OUTLAW in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 10:08 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum