Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Input on GMC Pickup system

Quannumzen is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Input on GMC Pickup system

Hey guys,
    I'm fresh on this site and it looks like you get a lot done around here and I'm down with that. I'm about to begin a system install on an 88 GMC S15 pickup my uncle is giving me. I live in Portland OR but go to school in Eastern PA, which is also where the truck is. I graduate this may and a buddy of mine and I are making a big cross country voyage to get all of my stuff back to the west coast. We figure we'll be going like 5000 miles so I want to make this truck as comfortable as possible before then. I don't really care what the exterior looks like but I plan on doing a whole new interior including sound dampering all around, replacing the bench seat with two buckets and making a custom center console, recarpeting the floor and reupholstering the door panels and ceiling panel. Any suggestions on cheap sound deadening procedures? Im looking to spend as little as possible on this project yet accomplish as much as possible in the next few months. For the system I have a JL 10W3 DVC sub and a 200 watt JVC amp to push it. I also have a pair of polk 5 x 7s and an alpine amp to push those. The only component left to buy is the headunit. I figure anyone who knows what they are doing can break into an 88 pickup in less than a minute so I was thinking of doing a stealth system; maybe mounting the headunit in the glove box or in my center console and leaving the stock tape deck so it looks like theres no aftermarket audio at all. Another concern is fitting the DVC sub behind the seats, as it is a small pickup, and what kind of box shape i have to work with. Maybe making the center console the sub box as well? Obviously then I'd have to find a new place to mount the head unit. Does anyone have any suggestions or resources that could be helpful as far as interior jobs or stealth systems? Thanks guys.

"I got more presence than attendance in a class of schizophrenics."

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Input on GMC Pickup system

sorry the truck is an 84, not 88. if that makes any difference...

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://store.yahoo.com/yourautotrim-...darkblue2.html cheapest interior carpet place i know of. is it a regular cab or extended?. i have an 89 s-10 myself. as far as dampening i would get some dynamat extreme (what i could afford of it) and get some peel and seal at lowes to finish it off. (the dynamat is thicker so its better)

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its a regular cab

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiolife
    http://store.yahoo.com/yourautotrim-...darkblue2.html cheapest interior carpet place i know of. is it a regular cab or extended?. i have an 89 s-10 myself. as far as dampening i would get some dynamat extreme (what i could afford of it) and get some peel and seal at lowes to finish it off. (the dynamat is thicker so its better)
    x2 on the pel n seal works great! and WELL worth the money! you could buy 3 maybe 4 times as much as dynasteal costs..

p.s. instead of making it as quite and comfortable as possible, how bought you do some motor syuff. even if you got all the goodies inside, its gunna be worthless when you on the side of the road in buttfu ck idaho

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Closed Thread