Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

audiobahn

I would like to know what the huge contravercy with Audiobahn stuff is, I have heard for years of people that absolutely despise audiobahn, and then others that love there stuff, granted every manufacture has there gems and some have better amps and some are subs, etc.. but I've heard numerous full audiobahn systems that sound amazing, (clarity/balance/overall db) I've played music and recorded music for over 5 years so I feel that I would be a somewhat creadible judgement. I was considering going with audiobahn porducts, but with all the love/hate stories I hear, is there something I don't know about. I'd like to hear some more opinions.
    thanks

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: audiobahn

i think audiobahn makes some good stuff but they do have a lot of garbage out there as well...most of the stuff you can buy at department stores or wal-marts is straigh garbage but their higher end stuff is actually pretty good in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

chevy6998 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, my interest are in the high end, aw1000q, immortal series, stuff you would see at a dealer, like tweeter (although they can be overpriced), etc. the funny thing is that theres people on here that have stuff I've never heard of and they'll swear by it. And then turn around and cut on fosgate and audiobahn! You don't go buy a Daewoo and then cut on Chevrolet!!! that's my point, especially with no previous track record with the equipment.

bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

well i have high audiobahn made subs--swiss audio--and i absolutely love them and there is NOBODY that can say they are garbage once they've heard them

if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chevy6998
    the funny thing is that theres people on here that have stuff I've never heard of and they'll swear by it. And then turn around and cut on fosgate and audiobahn! You don't go buy a Daewoo and then cut on Chevrolet!!!
    Daewoo vs. Chevy = bad example Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it won't perform better than what you have heard of

Anyways.....what's my main beef with Audiobahn? Their build quality *****. They focus mostly on looks and little on performance. They have horrible business ethics (i.e. they steal product designs from other companies and then rebuild them to a lower quality) <----- which is the main reason I'd never advise anyone to buy their products, a company like that doesn't deserve to sell equipment, and I'd never recommend them.

And to put it simply; there are better products available for the money.

Nikuk is offline Been Gone Too Long

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak9798
    ....blah....
    And to put it simply; there are better products available for the money.
    Focus on that part especially. Even if you are getting a "deal", you're overpaying.

What the f00k happened to this place?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One thing to keep in mind about these companies you've never heard of......companies don't just get big over night. We all know how big JL is, right? You think that just all of a sudden happened? IIRC, JL Audio started out as a "mail order" company, where people placed their order for drivers by mail (much in the same way as these never-heard-of companies are "internet companies", just an easier means of communication fasciliated by the 'net). This made them a very esoteric brand.

But, word slowly grew, more orders started to come in, and eventually it got to the point where distributors and dealers were interested in carrying their products, and production levels could be increased to allow this (because of the growing # of orders).

So, it's not like you can start building subs and a month later have a national distrobution network. It takes time for word to spread and for interest to grow.

And some of these companies prefer to stay smaller and internet only. Look at eD.....Ben's made comments in the past that he'll never take eD to a distrobution/dealer system. He wants (or atleast wanted, don't know if he's changed his mind) to keep them the way they are; internet orders straight to the company.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i wasnt saying that the stuff i havent heard of wasn't good, what I meant was if you swear by the un-known stuff that you have heard and cut on the name brand stuff you havent heard!! thats all, and your right it doesnt have to be fancy or brand name to be the best. i was just curious (squeak9798) have you been personally short changed by audiobahn"
    They have horrible business ethics (i.e. they steal product designs from other companies and then rebuild them to a lower quality
    "

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nope. But when they steal another company's design (right down to the trademark symbol), rebuild it to a lower quality and slap their name on it, you can be sure that's a company that I will never give my money or recommend someone else give their money to.

Nikuk is offline Been Gone Too Long

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

i wasnt saying that the stuff i havent heard of wasn't good, what I meant was if you swear by the un-known stuff that you have heard and cut on the name brand stuff you havent heard!! thats all, and your right it doesnt have to be fancy or brand name to be the best. i was just curious (squeak9798) have you been personally short changed by audiobahn""
    A whole lot of folks have used, seen, been apart of, or dealt with Audiobahn in the past. A large percentage of their products have large flaws in one way or another. This has left lots of people with bad tastes in their mouths and a little lighter in the wallet.

A few of Audionbahn's products do their jobs without failure of some sort.

But as a moral issue, would you Buy Doritos Torilla chips if they stole the recipe & manufacture from Lays? Especially when they cost much more, and you dont get as much product?

What the f00k happened to this place?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who is the other company that the stole it from, cuz i cant think of anyone else with that logo or style, (i dont know that many manufacturers), what setup would you recommend for 2 500 watt amps (4) 10" 600 wattt rms dvc subs, components, and highs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

who is the other company that the stole it from, cuz i cant think of anyone else with that logo or style, (i dont know that many manufacturers), what setup would you recommend for 2 500 watt amps (4) 10" 600 wattt rms dvc subs, components, and highs?

They carbon copied Image Dynamic's horn bodies right down to the trademark symbol ID puts on the bottom of their horns for identification purposes. But, of course, they built them out of lesser quality materials, and likely with higher tolerances on the assembly line. They've also been sued in the past by various companies for stealing amplifer designs.

themainjam is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have heard this also whats the examples? i do believe alot of companies haveing bad entry level stuff but you can get better for the money is the key.

'99 Toyota 4Runner
    _____________________________Condition_____Price Paid
    H/U: Pioneer Premier DEH-630 ____(Installed)_____$100 Used
    Front: Orion P6.2 Comps_________(Installed)_____$150 New
    Rear: Alpine Type R 5.25 Comps_ (Not Installed)___$50 New
    Subs: (1) 10" Alpine Type X Sealed. (Installed)____$50 New
    Sub Amp: Hifonics BX1500D ________(DOA)______$80 Used
    Comp Amp: Orion 8004 100 RMS X 4 (Installed)____$230 New

AIM = TheMainJam
    MSN = [email protected]
    YIM = all_star09

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i didnt know that, like i said im a little new to what manufacturers are the best. is image dymanic a good product to buy? would you recommend it!!

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

DD pwns j00!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast